Thread: Wow XGM Rocks!

Default Wow XGM Rocks!

Hello everyone im new to these forums and i am loving XGM playing as the selcuids on M/M its still a big chalenge with the potalmatic empire sending out sevral stacks each turn im finding it tough here are some screenshot of my current situation....

ps im playing patch 1.5 latest version of Xgm and just wondering if you can give me some tips

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Default Re: Wow XGM Rocks!

Hi and welcome! indeed XGM rocks as for advice get Caralis= Cyprus as fast as you can. it gives lots of money and usualy is ill deffended. another place to capture is Crete. there you can train the Cretan archers, which along with the gastraphetes? should provide your missile support. and finaly dedicate one of your bigger cities for cavalry training cataphracts= almost certain victory

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Ok thx for the advice gonna go on there now and try and grab those islands and finish of egypt

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Kara Kolyo's advice is good. Those islands will help out your economy a lot (especially Cyprus). It looks like you have made a good start on the Ptolemies. Once you get them off your back you should be fine.

Yup but now the pontus armenia parthia and the greeks citys in west asia minor are making my life hard they are beseiging my citys and streching my militaty to the limit
    [/IMG]

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

well it happens always when you play with the seleucids when you crush the ptolemies it gets much easier as Dime said. for the horsearcher countries train gastraphetes, they have longer range than the horsearchers and when protected by phalanxes they ar ok. and last advice when you have more money use your diplomats- a bribed army won't put up much fight and you can get a cataphract or two this way. not very refined but all is allowed in love and war, and i just love to fight those friends in the game

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

You might want to head for Media as well. You can train some excellent horse archers of your own there.

Ok guys thx for the help
    [/IMG]

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I also played as Selucid on vanilla map after getting tired of magnus map (to many provinces at start). Now I get wiped out and try to maintain to isles mentioned, except for Caralis, which Scipii controls. But I ain't gonna win thats for sure.