Thread: Install Issues

Default Install Issues

Hey ya'll!

The game installed fine, but I can't play it. It loads to napoleon and even has the new menu background, but no new options. When I go to play a battle it has the names of the mod forces, but the pictures of the normal napoleon units. Any help?

Default Re: Install Issues

Quote Originally Posted by crazycaptain56 View Post
    Hey ya'll!

The game installed fine, but I can't play it. It loads to napoleon and even has the new menu background, but no new options. When I go to play a battle it has the names of the mod forces, but the pictures of the normal napoleon units. Any help?
    you are the first with this problem: are you sure that you have all the files in your data and no other mods in?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycaptain56 View Post
    When I go to play a battle it has the names of the mod forces, but the pictures of the normal napoleon units. Any help?
    When you go to the custom battle screen it has some default Napoleonic units loaded that you have to delete then choose what units from the mod you want to play with. Also, as panzerschrek said you might have a mod conflict or missing files. Check both out and see if you can pinpoint the issue.

I have exactly the same problem , Installed the mod twice , I don't see the new campaign , have also the english unit mixed with the new ones so I can set a battle with the new units, I have play the mod fine several month ago but now this ? (I have Napoleon 1.03)

Ok i have tried a third time , unrar the mod again and re-install the files in the main game , and it worked ... raaaa !!!! this is again a total mystery of computer science.

I'm having sort of thesame issue, but then again not exactly thesame. I can run the mod fine, but when I go to custom battle and select armies, I cannot see Zulu units. The Khartoum units are there though, when I select them, both have british units. And it surely is the Zulu part I started. Am I missing a file somewhere? I installed the whole package with the self installer.
    Last edited by SkyTrickster; January 07, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

I'm having the exact same problem as CrazyCaptain56.

There's a thread on the wargamer.com about it.

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=582334

Sorry to have to mention it there
    but I could not find a fix anywhere.

i have just reinstalled this mod with the 1.07G manual version but have no shortcut to start the game..
    any one know how to sort...

Quote Originally Posted by pipt View Post
    i have just reinstalled this mod with the 1.07G manual version but have no shortcut to start the game..
    any one know how to sort...
    I used the self installer so this may be different but the file to start mine is in Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data_orient and its the .exe or application file.

thanks jp1747 i also asked panzerschreck, he told me to use mod manager to start the game and it works great...

Laetus

I tried to install the ZULU mod following the instructions below (which had to ooverwrite some files and folders which i found odd) - now when I start Napoleon Total War it has a pirate face on the splash screen which pauses for 7 or 8 seconds before just closing... no game

can anyone help with this please?

this was the instructions:

Install:

1) user_script.txt & preferences.script.txt inside Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

2) Khartum.pack + boot.pack + myNaploc.pack + MOVIE1patch.pack + MOVIE1patch.pack inside the DATA folder

3)mp_eur_napoleon folder inside the DATA\CAMPAIGNS Folder

4)orient folder inside DATA\campaign_maps

thanks

here it is:

try first to play to the main mod, then we will see for the others little ones

Cuauchiquetl's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ArmD_Struggl View Post
    this was the instructions:

Install:

1) user_script.txt & preferences.script.txt inside Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

2) Khartum.pack + boot.pack + myNaploc.pack + MOVIE1patch.pack + MOVIE1patch.pack inside the DATA folder

3)mp_eur_napoleon folder inside the DATA\CAMPAIGNS Folder

4)orient folder inside DATA\campaign_maps

I have the Steam version of Napoleon and there is no "Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts" what should I do?

IMRAHIL09's Avatar Laetus

@Cuauchiquetl
    "
    I have the Steam version of Napoleon and there is no "Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts" what should I do?"

This "Application Data" folder,or just "AppData" is in the "users" folder (local drive C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData). It is hidden by default. You must find your "Folder Options" or "Folder and Search Options" in the menu bar in Windows Explorer. In Vista it is in the "Tools" tab.

First click on "Folder and Search Options", then from the window that appears , choose the tab that says "view" near the top. Then check the box that says "show hidden files and folders".