Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: All Clans Playable

Default Re: All Clans Playable

The question is if I'll play a new clan, I'll receive missions like "normal" clan?

Played as the Ashikaga (really cheesy by the way with the free spawns of samurai units!) and I got plenty of missions after a few turns.

Say .Mitch, have you considered focusing on one clan at a time? Like, make a poll and pick the most popular minor faction people here want to see as a playable 'major' faction and go to town on making faction specific units, campaign map bonuses, missions, etc.?
    Last edited by Sher Khan; September 13, 2011 at 04:28 AM.

it doesn't work

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Congrats sunbeam, I know you've been at this for awhile, glad you finally broke it's back..

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    Played as the Ashikaga (really cheesy by the way with the free spawns of samurai units!) and I got plenty of missions after a few turns.

Say .Mitch, have you considered focusing on one clan at a time? Like, make a poll and pick the most popular minor faction people here want to see as a playable 'major' faction and go to town on making faction specific units, campaign map bonuses, missions, etc.?
    Yeh, I have considered this before, but I feel it's important to get all of the 'basics' working before moving on to the 'extras'. I'd like to get the main campaign selection screen working first so people can select their difficulty, plus then I'd only need to work on less than 10 ESF's, instead of 50.

I don't want to have done work on 5 factions on seperate startpos', only to find the campaign screen works the next day then I have to redo all 5 factions work onto one startpos.

vermicious knid's Avatar Ducenarius

Salerman33

You have to place the other folder and the .exe in your total war shogun 2 folder. I know ... I did the exact same thing and got the overflow message.
    Last edited by vermicious knid; September 13, 2011 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    I found a small problem because we were not supposed to be able to play as Otomo in vanilla :

When playing Otomo , you start as Christian (which is unique ingame ) , and i don't have the option to revert back to Buddhism , and also don't have one christian bonus : the ability to train imported matchlock ashigarus in 2 turns . Instead it takes me 4 turns as if i wasn't christian ( at Bungo i have a nanban trade quarter ) to build matchlocks . Not a big deal though , but still worth noticing
    This could be fixed via modding I imagine...

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

God job mate, I remember you back from the Medieval 2 Total War thread wars.

I'm going to try this out!

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by legoras View Post
    The question is if I'll play a new clan, I'll receive missions like "normal" clan?
    yes, i got standard missions when i played as honma. Rescue enemy in plight (Pay 2500 koku and earn a point of honor), kill general x, recruit y, defeat z and so on and so on. they where all there =)

Edit: About dlc units for lesser clans (sengoku unit pack).

-radious mod adds them to lesser clans aswell as the great.

-SJUU (forgot the full name, Sengoku Jidai Unit Unlocked i think) only adds the DLC units to greater clans.

if you could be so kind mitch, it would be great if you posted abit info on mods that affect lesser clans like the radious and aums mod =)
    Last edited by zhiphius; September 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM.

Yeah!

Waited for this for a while , Great job ! + rep

it doesn't work for me
    what is the problem ?
    please help me

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood95 View Post
    it doesn't work for me
    what is the problem ?
    please help me
    Installation: Unzip/unrar the files to desktop.

Copy the "AllClansPlayable" exe file and the "AllClans" folder (mark both and copy).
    Go to the shogun 2 base folder. Location may vary but for me its:
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2

Paste the folder and exe file here.

Run the AllClansPlayable.exe file.
    Select a clan to play as.
    Click the "Launch" button.
    When at the game main menu choose "Tutorials" and then choose the "chosokabe tutorial campaign".

The game will load and when you get to the campaign map you should be playing as the clan you chose. Remember to select your army from the army tab, and move it around to remove fog of war.
    Some clans have fleets around so check this aswell and move them if you got a fleet to remove FoW.

If this doesnt work, remove all mods (Not dlc's as these work with the program/mod).

Confirmed working with ACP mods are:
    Aum-Sho mod
    Darthmod
    Radious unit mod
    UAI
    Extended campaign time
    extended realm divide
    alternative realm divide.

good luck =)

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

awesome now I can play with the minor clans

Is there an advantage that minor clans have? Do they get any awesome units / economic advatages the major clans get?

They have advantages. Unless you mod it they dont get the DLC units though.

Advantages usually is:
    -Highly upgraded structures (top tier castle, farms, ports etc depending on clan. ashikaga get top tier castle and farm, honma got military port).
    -Provinces with good special structures (honma got gold mine, miyoshi a school etc)
    - Otome start as christian.
    -Controlling several provinces at the start (amako starts with 4 i think, hatakeyama start with 5 etc etc).
    -Some start in a very advantageous position like honma.
    -Being able to recruit tradeships and high quality units for some clans (ashikaga can recruit samurai archers/katana right away for example).
    -some clans may have finished researched arts (ashikaga got chonindo done).

None of them start with faction bonuses like the great clans however. Ashikaga dont get the shogun bonuses either. And otome despite christian cant convert back to buddhism and dont get the matchlock recruit time bonus.

Modding may improve/change alot of this though =)

hi guys congratulation for this mod,but is there a way to have victory conditions?because i haven t it.

Otomo is one of the hardest though...you are at war on all fronts + Christian
    Egyptian revolutionary.....Canadian in nationality......Arab by blood.....and proud Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by prima legio View Post
    hi guys congratulation for this mod,but is there a way to have victory conditions?because i haven t it.
    Not at the moment, think mitch was going to look at it in the future not sure.

mmmmm i receive the appcrash from shogun2.exe .....

Quote Originally Posted by zhiphius View Post
    Not at the moment, think mitch was going to look at it in the future not sure.
    ok thank