Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absurdity is Coming

Timur Amir's Avatar Centenarius

Default Absurdity is Coming

This is an AAR I will be updating, and a Stark one at that. In case you want to see what is going on around the world, I have unfogged for the screenshots. And so it begins.

Winter Springtime Crabapples Absurdity is Coming

Robb walked the halls of Moat Cailin with his mother, Catelyn, as well as the Steward. The sky is a thick dull grey, and the air is musty and humid. The sun is rising, and the halls are empty, the silence engulfing as Robb pauses in their near whispered conversation.
    Robb: "I'm sorry, Greg, that you should miss out on the festivities, but you know how important this is,"
    Greg: "I understand, m'lord, after all I will soon see the day when I may dance in Kings Landing or the Rock!"
    Robb: "That's the spirit! Anyways, back to bussiness. I have great need of Roose Bolton. We need to finalize the battle plans, before we enter enemy territory. And I also should find the GreatJon, he may be needed."
    Greg: "Umm...m'lord, Lord Umber's chambers are right here, but this might not be the be-"
    Robb pounds on the door. A red-eyed Jon throws open the door
    Jon Umber: "You! Young Wolf! I'm seein children u ther for'st here....ther 'n me socks! Bite 'em, bite 'em!"
    Jon starts beating the wall, and Robb closes the door slowly, before slipping away down the hall.
    Robb: "And what just happened?"
    Greg:"The Karstarks, m'lord, they've been tampering with the punch, I swear to it."
    Robb: "And now I know that my bannermen have been busy tampering with each others beverages instead of planning. Just what I needed. Please make a note to never let Karstark near the beverages again, though. Also, where is Roose?"
    Greg: "The Raven Tower, so I hear."
    Robb: "Really? Usually he lurks in the party, and makes a killing off the drunkards; you should see him at the Summer parties and feastings! If it weren't for this news, I'd have voted Roose as the culprit of Umbers drinks, perhaps." Robb chuckles
    Greg:" Quite so, m'lord. Also, here we are at the ravens, m'lord. Should I call him down?"
    Robb: "No, I'll do it. You two stay here, these plans I have cannot be spoken to anyone, so guard the stairwell."
    Catelyn started to protest, but Robb went up the stairs anyways, closing the door behind him. After silently ascending the stone stairs, Robb peers in as Bolton narrates a letter to his scribe to be sent.
    Roose: "And tell Tee-Tee that his sideburns burn with the radiance of the sun, and his eyes are like an endless sea. And that when I see the South soon enough, that we might finally be together. And then 'Yours only, Roosey'. And make sure to get the hearts just right above the 'Yours', or expect to have a few inches less of skin by the morrow."
    Roose's voice has an emotional tone, and his face is filled with color.
    Bolton peers up at Robb and jumps in surprise, his face draining back to pale white.
    Robb: "Lord Bolton, the plans....?"
    Roose: "Eergh, yes, the plans...."
    Robb: "So you will cover my rear with a smaller force of spearmen, and I will be focusing all our forces into a larger army to confront Tywin directly. Once at the Twins, you will be recruiting a second army to hold the Riverlands. Umber will be dealing with Flints and Barrowtown, and Cassel with the Northerners, and, when done, should be sending us reinforcements. Are you good with that?"
    Roose, with a voice cold as ice: "Yes, lord. it should do."

The party set out soon enough, and each went their own ways. Robb tried his best to forget that night at Moat Cailin, and decided to not go planning after their next Stark Rave Break. Barrowtown fell easily enough to Umber, and Domeric Cerwyn the Uncertain joined Bran Stark the Cripple in Denial as Castellan of Winterfell.

LittleFinger: "And now for the International segment of Westeros Today. The King on the Iron Throne was surprised today, as Renly Baratheon declared himself King of Westeros! What do you think of that, Varys?"
    Varys: "Oh, another day, another king. It's quite ridiculous, really."
    Petyr: "So true, so true. Anyways, now to Illyrio with the weather, right after this commercial break, followed by the Brynden Tully showing his new book "Fish out of Water on the View."

Meanwhile, at the Twins.
    Robb: "Surrender, damn it! You can't win, Walder!"
    Walder: "If you're so confident, why don't you just storm us now?!"
    Robb: "Yeah, that's why the ram is at the door. It's sort of for storming."
    Walder: "Oohhhhh. "

Robb killed only Walder and his troops, and that night stayed at the Twins to rest. But as he entered the dining hall, a new menace awaited. Spoiler for length
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lame Lothar Frey: "Be. Our. Guest.
    Be our Guest
    Don't be nervous, take a rest
    Tie this noose around your neck, m'lord,
    and we'll do all the rest

How could we now betray
    after all, we are but Frey!
    With all this blood you are all shedding
    you won't mind just one beheading!

Try a drink, come and dance
    As if you had no second chance
    But who says we're allied with all the Weeeest?
    Go on and bring that retinue
    Forget this "sense" you never knew
    Be our guest
    Yes, our guest

*Frey offspring pour in the hall by the hundreds*

Beef Ragout
    Cheese Souffle
    Have some wine for we're just Frey!
    We'll prepare and serve with care,
    a culinary cabaret
    You're alone
    and you're scared
    but this aclohol's prepared!
    No one's gloomy or complaining
    while Jingle's entertaining!
    We tell jokes!
    I do tricks!
    With some flaming candlesticks

Poorly disguised Frey soldiers: "But it's all in perfect taste
    that you can bet!"

Lothar: Come on and down that glass
    you've won your own free pass
    we feel stressed
    and opressed
    stick a quarrel in your chest!

All the Freys: BE OUR GUEST
    BE OUR GUEST
    BE OUR GUEST

Robb: "Okay, mother, new plan. Hang them all,"
    Lothar: "But....the musical...what have we done wrong?"
    Robb: "I listened to the lyrics."
    Lothar: "Bugger"

And so the Freys discovered the downsides of musical theatre, and Robb began to get peircing headaches from severe annoyance.

Then, at the Twins, a gathering of generals, with Roose and Robb planning the upcoming invasion.
    Catelyn: "According to the news reports, Sandor and Gregor Cleglane are assauting Harrenhal. Or were, until Sandor flipped Gregor off, and the Blackfish came in and called them all very obscene things. Gregor had his feelings hurt and retreated, but Sandor besiged Harrenhal until Brynden sortied and broke much of his army. In the ensuing chaos, Brynden hit on Sandor, and Sandor was following him back to the Keep, until a new force showed up. Sansans, they are called. Rabid fans who were so incensed that the Hound would take another beside the underaged girl they have chosen for him, that they tore apart Sandors host before his battering ram entered the portcullis."
    Robb: "Wait...that last line....who wrote this report?"
    Catelyn: "Brynden."

Roose: "Anyways, I was thinking...maybe I could join in the Westerlands invasion?"
    Robb: "No. We discussed this already."
    Roose: "But there is someone I have to meet there."
    Robb: "I said No. Did you hear me?"
    Roose: "Ungrateful little..."
    Robb: "What was that?"
    Roose: "Nothing, my lord"
    Robb: "ANYWAYS....I have news from the North. Your bastard, who appears to have fortified the Dreadfort, is under seige by Cassel, and Umber is returning to Cailin for reinforcements to beat the rebels of Flint."
    Roose: "Just tell Cassel not to go in my bedroom. Or the dungeons. I don't like people touching my stuff."
    Robb: "Very well then, I'll send a raven. However, I have a mission for you, Roose. Take Fairmarket; the Twins should have plenty of knights willing to follow you, and that town is essential in the long run."

Roose, of course, swept into Fairmarket like nipples on a breastplate. I mean, he did it well. Robb, meanwhile, assaults Golden Tooth, as Tommen the Heir assaults Harrenhall. Time is of the essence.

However, Robb found a surprise waiting at Golden Tooth
    Robb, outside the walls: "What do you mean, 'No one's here'?!"
    Jaime: "Well, we didn't think you'd actually have the balls to do it, little wolf...and, well, I sort of lost my army..."
    Robb: "What? Wait, you lost your army?"
    Jaime: "Okay, I make rash decisions, all right! It looked good at the time. After all, who could lose a bet to a septon?!"
    Robb: "You lost it to a septon?"
    Jaime: "How was I supposed to know he knew how to gamble? Anyways, what was the risk? Just look at your Oldtown picture; you look like a woman in her prime! I can see why the Northerners love you; they might think themselves suitor to the Princess of Winterfell!"
    Robb: "And did you check your own picture? You look more womanly than your sister; you truly are mirror images, just as they say!"
    Jaime, skulking: "Well, lets see about that! See how womanly I am when you die beneath my gate!"
    Him and all of 15 drunken bodyguards.

And so the Young Wolf took no casualties, Cersei entered mourning, and a a random bodyguard of Renly felt a disturbance in the force.

Well, I will complete the epic saga tommorrow, or at least the first episode!
    I apologize in that, writing this at night, this is not exactly my best writing, but I hope to improve tomorrow, and I have plenty more to write at that

Baelish: "And now for today's international segment for Westeros Today. It would appear that Dorne has actually used this conflict to push into the Stormlands and the Reach, and appear to be supporting Joffrey as King, at least as an ally in fighting the latest king, Renly Baratheon. Meanwhile, Tommen the Innocent has been featured in a Kings Landing Press Conference as having taken Harrenhal. However, despite all this news, Renly and a certain Lord Dondarrion have begun an assault on Kings Landing itself, with his brother Stannis attacking Rosby. Certainly is a bloody time for the Southeast, don't you think, Illyrio?"
    Illyrio: "Definately, Petyr, so if you're a peasant South of the Saltpans, prepare for a 70% chance of raining gore, with a 30% of fires. In more cheerful news, over to Varys with the Celebrity Corner."
    Varys: "In pop culture news, that cheerful little Imp who we love to hate, and was the inspiration for the movie "Royal Dwarf: A Comedy of Kinslaying", has been free by the Arryns and returned to Kings Landing. We'll be right back with the View after this break, where you can see Davos Seaworth promote his new feelgood family title "The Onion Ship", premiering with mummers in four days. Stay tuned!"

Meanwhile, in the more serious conference in the Golden Tooth.
    Robb: "So Jon Umber has taken Flint's...and reminds us to brush our teeth?"
    Catelyn: "The steward with him sent a message asking if we may never send them back to Moat Cailin, and that Jon has acquired the entire punch bowl when they returned for reinforcements..."
    Robb: "The Others take that bloody Karstark! Anyways, focusing on the Westerlands: We have reports of Loras the Chivalrous assautng the Hornvale, and that Lord Tywin's host has retreated from the mountain passes, and is flaning Loras, along with Safford, and that only a green captain with a sizable force is stationed to bottle us in. I think we should try and destroy this Lannister host peice by peice."
    Roose: "Nah, I say go for Caterly Rock. Let me come in and reinforce Golden, and head for the jugular."

Robb: "But there's a problem with that...it would appear that you are needed rather in the Twins. And Arryn host has been spotted wandering far too close."
    Roose: "Arryns...if they attack, I will leave none alive."
    Roose, whispering: "They try to seperate me from Tee-Tee...they will all die"
    Robb: "What was that? Can you speak louder?"
    Roose: "Nothing, my liege. Anyways, how are the diplomats to the Reach and Ironborn going?"
    Robb: "Trade Rights only so far, but that may change soon."

Meanwhile, at the Dreadfort.
    Ramsay Snow: "How are our supplies, Reek?"
    Reek: "None left. Just another month, and we'll be out. And further more, we have run out of peasants to flay...and we have resorted to throwing confetti at the wolves, hoping they wouldn't notice the difference" Reek turned his eyes down in shame
    Ramsay: "Then it is time to ride out. But don't burn the camp...we shall read all of their diaries! A flayed man has no secrets! Mwahahaha!"
    Reek: "Isn't that going a little far? Skinning is okay, but that's just plain invasive!"
    Ramsay: "Quiet you."
    And so Ramsay led out his forces against Cassel.

Ramsay Snow led his large cavalry force, directly into the spearwall. He himself rounded the flank, charging the heavy infantry, but soon Cassel himself burst from the wood, screaming "For Narnia!"
    The two fought atop the summer snows, and soon the infantry surrounded Ramsay. But he simply charged forward, until he remained the only one left of his retinue. In a final charge, he went screaming into the mosh, soon to find himself face to face with Cassel. Their swords flew through the chilly air, blades sharp as the cold. Ramsay lunged wildly, ravenous for blood, but Rodrick parried, and, calm as the blue sky above, he sent his sword through a gap in Ramsay's armor, sending the man off his horse. The blade has peirced his throat, and he gasped for air, but only the burning of his own blood filled his lungs. The natural instincts left him gurgling, desperate, drowning in his own blood as he lost conciousness, the snow staining crimson as he lay face-first upon the ground, overwhelmed with the greatest pain he had ever felt, followed by the greatest weakness as his life drained into the cold air. Soon he was gone.
    But, as he felt himself go, he thought one more thought, a strange, meaningless thought.
    "Let's think of all the things that rhyme with Reek. Leek. Creak. Sheik. Meek. Beak. Leak. Weak." And as he thought the last word, weakness overwhelmed him, and he simply felt cold.

Meanwhile, on the Iron Islands, Theon Greyjoy decided to sleep in after he had the weirdest dream about rhyming. How queer.

Meanwhile, at the Reach:
    Mace Tyrell: "So an alliance to bring down the lion and the false stag? I'm in."
    Robb: "Excellent. And, with Edmure Tully assaulting the Banfort, I think we should be able to concentrate our efforts without worrying on raiding."
    Mace: "The Floppy Fish? I can't wait to hear what comes from this one." Mace chuckles. "And in the East, you should know, things are as chaotic as usual. We shouldn't be seeing much trouble from them."
    Robb: "You know what? Mace, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

More coming soon. Very soon, hopefully

Meanwhile, at an emergency Stark Council
    Robb: "So, with the Lannisters amassing around the Hornvale, and Loras pushed back, I think we should meet them up front and beat the Lannister host in a pitched battle."
    Roose: "Sir...who exactly leads the Lannister forces?"
    Robb: "Tywin has gone to defend Crakehall, while Kevan and Gregor defend the Hornvale, and Safford Lannister moves South but is nearby."
    Roose's lip curles into the ghost of a smile
    Robb: "In any case, it's this letter here from Umber that worries me. According to Jon, he is celebrating Karstark's reinforcements by heading out to see and fight the sealions...by the gods, will someone just please get those two away from each other?!"
    Robb slumps over the parchment, as his headaches start to worsen.
    Robb: "Well, anyways, I'm sending you, Roose, to Harrenhall. The Arryns have retreated back to the Saltpans with no conflict, and the Lannisters are too busy fighting around Kings Landing and Felwood against Renly to propery garrison Harrenhall anymore, by my reckon. And, with such a key defensive position..."
    Bolton's phantom smile disintegrates, and a gleam of annoyance enters his eye.
    Roose: "Yes, my lord. But remember, I can always go West if need be..."
    Robb, unamused : "I'll consider it."
    Catelyn enters the room.
    Catelyn: "A Dornish envoy his here to speak with you...and perhaps even give support to your cause."
    Robb: "Send him in."
    Roose begins humming 'A Dornishman's Wife"
    Robb, glaring: "Stop that"
    A Dornish envoy, dressed in full Moorish desert attire enters the councilroom.
    Envoy: "Well, I hear you've been driving lions from the West, no? Well, Dorne is also in need of assistance...with Tumbleton so sexily ours, I am afraid that the fool boy Joffrey might demand a return to our old holdings...and I'm afraid we find these new lands....delicious."
    Dornish envoy bites an apple very slowly and dramatically, draping his flowing cloak over the table, before laying down on top of Robb's plans, lounging while still slowly eating the apple.
    Robb: "The contested lands and Stormlands are hardly friends of ours, nor the false stag. I see no reason why we should not work together. However, I would kindly ask you to stop laying on my plans, though."
    Envoy: "The Red Viper gets off of no man's paperwork unless he wills it."
    Roose: "Then perhaps the Red Viper would will it, and get off before spilling ink."
    Oberyn Martell: "The Red Viper FEARS NO MAN'S INK" He flailed on the table on his back, angry but still managing to enter a pose dramatically.
    Roose: "And if the Red Viper's expensive clothing gets stained?"
    Oberyn: "...I see." He nonchalantly slides off the table, and, in a single fluid movement, drapes himself over Catelyn, who is now looking very startled.
    Oberyn: "So, I know that the brute, Gregor Cleglane, who raped and killed Elia of Dorne and her children, is under Lannister pay once again. And I know he is in these very mountains of the Westerlands, leading a sizeable force at the Hornvale. The lions seek to hide him from the Sun, and while he is far too distant for any Dornishman to kill, I seek to help you and your cause against him, and his cruel lord, Tywin. The Mad King Joffrey will not long watch me declare open alliance with you, so it falls to you to deal with these savages yourself. But, with this alliance, no lion can hope to match the allied banner, one not seen for centuries: The Flaming Vegetable Wolf, bearing a Trout with a spear in it's mouth! So long has this banner remained unsung and unflown!"
    Roose (quietly): "And with good reason. It's nearly as bad as the Tentacled Elk-Bat of old. Bloody ridiculous."
    Oberyn gives him a deathly glare.
    Oberyn: "I see the Flayed man grows sassier than ever before. Perhaps, once this meeting is over you'd care to see what the Red Viper does to insolent sassymen?!"
    Roose: "Sorry, I'm taken."
    Oberyn grows red and furious.
    Robb: "Catelyn, please have Roose face the wall for the rest of the meeting. Far too valuable, but far too outspoken, and I frankly have had enough of this stupidity. After reading Umber's letter, I've lost my patience for the day."
    Roose looks sullen and irritated, but is really rather pleased with himself, as he faces the wall's joint, silent.
    Robb: "ANYWAYS, I think we should finalize this alliance. Are you ready to enter this solid agreement?"
    Oberyn: "Only on this last condition, one final condition. When you kill the Mountain that insults the Red Viper, kindly whisper one last line to him. Tell him, 'I have been sent by Oberyn Martell. You killed Elia of Dorne. Prepare to die.' I must have my revenge."
    Robb: "Done."

That week, Robb rode out from the Golden Tooth with his army, leaving behind a newly recruited but sizeable garrison to keep the Tooth while he set his sights on the Hornvale. Robb felt anxious, but confident; he had yet to lose a battle, and he felt near certain that he might break the forces of the Horn in Battle, and crush the lions. He remembered Roose giving him one last, irritated look after Robb had refused to ride for Casterly, or allow Bolton to, but he had sensed a resentful respect as the man rode to take Harrenhall. The start of autumn was upon them, and the first few fallen leafs shimmered in the Western air. Red and gold, they were blown into the air, dancing against the grey sky and white clouds of the dreary day. It was not long before he had encountered the first Lannister force, but Robb's army was too tired to fight. Looking at his position, he set up camp on the mountain shelf, preparing for a possible assault. He knew more were on the way, and that the lions would not let him remain. He poured over his maps, scribbling with maester's ink and making notes, as he prepared his plans. And then Catelyn entered the tent, solemn-faced, bearing a raven's note.
    Robb: "Dark wings, dark words."
    Catelyn: "Quite. The enemy has sent a sizable force from the Rock, and they assault the Golden Tooth as we speak. We can only pray that the men can hold it, or the progress we've made will be lost."
    Robb: "Don't worry too much. Once their forces are bled, walking into the Tooth will be an easy feat, win or lose."
    Catelyn didn't look so convinced, but left the tent to go send Jon Snow more hate mail; unfortunately for him, Catelyn secret hatred of scribes was all too evident nowadays.

Meanwhile, at the Golden Tooth, Captain Galbart stands atop the battlements, looking upon the host of the besieging Lannisters. On the distant hills, he sees men in red and gold scurrying about, constructing nearly completed machines of wood and steel. 'You think they would dress in something other than red and gold,' Galbert thought, 'they might as well be holding up little signs while shouting 'Look at me! I'm trying to be clandestine!' of course, on the other hand, white and grey do stain awfully bad.' Seargant Pocklemeister runs across the stone walls to him, shouting for his attention.
    Pock: "Galb! The second Lannister force has retreated! We should be well off against these fighters outside are walls, and the men are ready, sir."
    Galbert: "Good, good, I think they are ready as well. Time is of the essence for them, unless a second army should arrive and drive them back. They need to deny Lord Robb a refuge before the battle. Be on your guard."
    Pock: "Yes sir. Also, there is offerings of parlay by the enemy."
    Galbert: "Who sends it to us?"
    Pock: "His name is stated as Tion of the Lannsiters."
    Galbert: "Never heard of him. A vicious foe and conqueror, undoubtedly. I shall ride out now to meet him, and see for myself. But beware Lannister treachery; if I fall, it is up to you."
    Galbert donned his helm and walked, to the portcullis, waiting as the gates mechanically opened, spilling in light to the dark passage. They had a lacking of horses here, so he went by foot, leading his men as an equal, on equal ground. He saw the Lannister forces on horse, but lightly armored, only hedge knights. They stopped, facing each other, and Galbert stepped forward. A hedge knight trotted forward from the rest as well. Both men, after an akward silence of only the cool breeze, removed their helms.
    Galbert: "So I take it you are Captain Tion?"
    Tion: "Aye, that's me. I have come bearing options of surrender. Are you wolves willing to negotiate?"
    Galbert: "My Lord Robb Stark gave me this post himself. I'm sure you understand that I cannot leave it."
    Tion: "Is your lord so kind that you'd die for him? Is honor worth a beautiful life, as death is hardly a cheery prospect. Even a green hedge knight as myself can see that."
    Galbert: "No, this is more than that, more than honor. You see, it was the action of giving it to me himself that I meant to emphasize. You see, that sort of ruler is a step forward from the old ways. His willingness to cross social borders like that, it really calls to me. It is men like Robb and Edmure that ultimately might be willing to put aside years of opression. You see, I have been doing some thinking, and I have some concepts on parchment he might want to see."
    Tion: "What knight fights for a scrap of paper?!"
    Galbert: "You see, this is no ordinary piece of paper, but a Declaration of the Basis of Government, and the Requirments of Self Governing Bodies. I like to call it BOGATROSGB for short. Once Robb reads this baby, I can see it now....kings with limited power working with multi-class governing bodies composed of nobles and prominent smallfolk, as well as basic human rights for all men. It will be a shining utopia of a new era."
    Tion: "That's bloody ridiculous! You have to think of the social structure!"
    Galbert: "I know, I know, but I feel that possible long term shifts may be allowed by creating basic limits on governmental power!"
    Tion: "But we all know that human nature and entropy will naturally eat away at such a disorganized structure. Centralization is the key, not breaking up power!"
    Galbert: "Now there is where I disagree with you...you see, I think tha-"
    A metal clanging occurs as one of the Lannsiter horseman falls off his horse onto the ground, and jolts awake.
    Tion: "Well, I think we are boring the guardsmen...how about after the battle, 6:00 in the keep either way?"
    Galbert: "Deal. I have some magnificent economic theories as well, though, if you don't mind."
    The two captains gallop back to their forces, having achieved nothing, but feeling very good about themselves.
    That afternoon, Tion sent his men off to take the Golden Horn by force. Galbert, looked sad as the Lannister forces of good Tion attacked.
    Galbert, to himself: "Well, at least my lords take this seriously. If they can endure such meaningless bloodshed with a stern face, and live on knowing that this very second men loyal to them are spilling other's blood for their sake, than so may I. Right now, I can feel their mourning tears raining down, and so I understand at last true leadership. "

Meanwhile, in Fairmarket
    Bolton: "Thats 3 XXX diagonally. Tic. Tac. Toe. I win."
    His bodyguard Garold, a minor lord: "SO UNFAIR! Thats totally cheating, you beat me 28 times now in a ROW! Why are you so mean?!"
    Garold bursts into tears
    Bolton: "Oh come now. You've had a bad day, why not just say so? Come on, I'll give you a hug."
    Bolton hugs the weeping guard.
    Garold: "Thank you m'lord...I just get so worked up when I lose at things like this..."
    Bolton: "Don't worry. Nothing will leave this tent about it. Including from you, or you die a retched painful death, am I clear?"

Anyways...Back at the Tooth
    Understanding his importance in the grand strategy of his nation, and eagor to hear more, Galbert sent his forces in a head on assault.

Galbert's military competence won the day with a heroic victory, but sadly captain Tion was killed trying to rush the keep at the end of the battle. His last words to the army was "Don't worry it's completely alright; Galbert said it was okay." Well, before he was stabbed and shot to death by 500 angry garrison troops. This was a terrible tarnish on his otherwise perfect day,
    Galbert, unaware of all this, was drunk on the glory of a complete and utter victory. He jumped atop the gatehouse, parchments in hand, and shouted something inspiring that no one really cared to listen to. The other troops of the castle were rather annoyed when he refused to stop blathering on about some gibberish he wrote. Destroying the enemy utterly never excuses blathering.

Meanwhile, at the Hornvale, Robb Stark sits with his friend and bodyguard, Morian Norrey, as the sit outside the walls.
    Morian: "Lord, is besieging them a good idea? They have assembled a mighty force not so far..."
    Robb: "And Tywin means to join them. By doing this, we can draw them into attacking us, while we have the advantage of being so far uphill, and Tywin is stuck trying to reach us. Anyways, I just got a raven from...uhhh...whats-his-name....starts with a G...guarding the Tooth..."
    Morian: "Greg?"
    Robb: "Nah, Greg I sent to watch Umber."
    Morain: "George was it? I keep calling up the name Martin too, was that him?"
    Robb: "Whoever he was, he sent me a letter telling me he had won the Battle of the Tooth against some hedge knight, and that he has something important to show me. Ah well, I'll see it soon enough."
    That morning, the Lannister forces marched, gold shining brilliantly in the sun. As Robb saw them down below in the valley, a red sea, he began to dawn his armor.
    Robb: "Who are you, that I must bow so low?"
    Only a cat of different coat
    That's all the truth he knew.
    In a coat of gold and a coat of red,
    the lion still has claws,
    but his were long and sharp, my lord,
    as long and sharp as yours.

And so began the Battle of the Hornvale, and the start of the real war.

As the Lannisters approached, 2 armies full, lead by Ser Gregor and Ser Kevan, Robb prepares his troops.
    Robb: "What do you mean, 'I can't deploy on that ridge' ?! Why can't I?! It's right there!"
    Morian: "Well, sir, the men refuse to cross the line."
    Robb: "Why not? It's just a line in the grass!"
    Morian: "It's just how it works, sir."
    Robb: "So I can deploy where? The line goes right up to the mountains, where am I supposed to put everyone?"
    Morian: "Well, there's two small inlets."
    Robb: "So I have 2 small inlets, 1 of which has a semi-open flank and the other is far too small to even fit everyone in...because people won't just cross the line and get ready on that absolutely perfect position there" Robb points to what seems to be the ideal position.
    Morian: "Pretty much."
    Robb: "Well, Others take your lines! This is just idiotic! Who thought of this?"
    Morian: "You aren't alone in that, sir. The truth is that I also gotten the short end of the stick of ridiculousness. I'm too ashamed to tell anybody...but look at this sword."
    Morian draws out his sword, which gleams white as snow and winter, and appears to be Valyrian.
    Robb: "That's quite an awe inspiring blade there, one of legends. Is it really Valyrian?"
    Morian: "Simply well disguised steal, back when my family bought it from a con artist before the Doom. Hardly spell-forged, but excellent quality steal nonetheless, and good looking."
    Robb: "Hardly the short end of the stick! Wait...what's that on the pommel?"
    Robb looks closer at the hilt, and distinguishes a puppy playing with a butterfly in the snow, beneath a rainbow.
    Morian: "That's the thing...my blade is the ever fearsome Slushpuppy of House Dorian. Reforged from Cuddlebunny, the fake Valyrian blade the King in the North sent House Umber as a practical joke."
    Robb: "Oh. Well, perhaps you can bring some honor to the blade. No man will laugh at Slushpuppy, The LionBane, Destroyer of Kings!"
    Shouts rise up from the deployed Stark army as the Lannisters march into the plain of battle.

The Lannisters charge towards the inlet, ready for blood and outnumbering their foes. Out of the second inlet rushes half of Robb's cavalry, setting off for the Lannister flank. The knights and scouts skirt the Lannister forces, and attack Kevan's trebuchets. The Gilded Brother himself leads the Lannister hedge knights, as the forces charge each other. Kevan's shining armor reflected off the hot sun, sending an unmistakable yellow gleam that Robb noted. The Mountain, a massive black shadow, charged with the heavy and light cavalrys into Robb's pike wall, followed by the combined forces of their huge infantry contingents. The longspears thrust at him, making deep scratches in his heavy plate with the sound of a wailing animal, but they never peirce it; his broadsword slashes men and sends them flying like leaves in the wind. Robb, seeing the cavalry distracted, leads the rest of the cavalry through the protected passage on their flank, and lowers his lance as he runs through the massive crowds of longbowmen. The air is alive with screams and the whir of arrows as the forces wade through a chaotic mesh of spears, swords, and raining arrows. Hedge knights returning from his captured cavalry return, to be cut down by his knights. Kevan himself charges into the fray, raising his golden sword high. The hill is steep, a sheet of loose gravel help together by some loose vegetation, with towering granite slabs casting a dark shadow over the battle. Robb returns to his lines as spearmen go back to ward them off. Shouting orders to his horn-blower ('tis a common form of battle communication), Robb turned his eyes back down the slope, and sees The Mountain and his guardsmen, all exposed to the end of the line. Robb lowers his lance, and charges, Morian beside him. He launches towards Gregor, sending his lance screeching into the Mountain's backplate. The lance shreds through his saddle harnesses, and clips into some of the armor joints, tearing into the lighter armor and sending the huge plates into disarray. Gregor swings in response, but Robb is already gone, and the massive blade sings through empty air. Morian swings sideways, sending Slushpuppy into an arc, and the steel screams on his armor, and the guard dances his horse away, as the end of Gregor's blade ripped through his sheild, sending splinters into the air and taking off a corner. Robb and his guard head off for a second sortie, as Gregor's former oppenents snapped back into his focus. Morian shouted as they passed beneath the hill "The Mountain is hardly a knight; look as he sits in the pool of battle, just standing there slashing, himself a rock, treating his horse as a pedestal instead of a steed! I'll bet though that the rocks around us have better brains than that one does! What do you have to say, Gregor, or do you have the words to even speak with?"
    Gregor shouts something of a snarling roar, and something sounding remarkably like "Mountain SMASH little man".
    Robb, riding back up the hill to take control again shouts "Can you speak in first person, ser, or what?"
    Gregor's reply of something between a snarl and something about ham and bread.
    The battle raged on, troops in the pit exhausted on all sides, and the corpses piling up.
    On Robb's second charge down, he and Morian once again struck the Mountain, now with but 8 guards and still in his spot. The guards all in battle, Robb sent his lance into The Mountain's side this time, tearing into the gap between the plate before shattering, leaving a splintered mess behind his backplate, and tearing apart his connective peices. His armor now lopsided and his stallion exhausted beneath it's heavy plate, the 3 men fought, Robb and Morian lunging and ducking away on fresh steeds, dodging the unmoving Mountain's blade and tearing at whichever spot they could. "Mountain...KILLL...Not....Stuupid"
    Morian: "Then speak right, or die a fool!"
    Robb then retreated once again, as the last of the Lannister's untouched spearmen charged him.
    In one final charge, Robb killed the last of the Mountain's guards, but he still remained. Fleeing from a wearied lot of spearmen, however, Robb was seperated from his guard, and soon found himself face to face with the Mountain.
    Robb, looking at the hulk of a man, then charged, using the force to send his sword into the neck of the exhausted equine.
    Stallion, in Dothraki: "Why do we always die? I never asked for this! First Fred at the Tourney, and now this?!". Unfortunately, Robb had little knowledge of the Stallion's Narnian origins.
    The Mountain fell to the ground under his horse, and pushed the heavily armored carcass off of him, and reaching out and grabbed Robb's armored leg, ripping him off his steed. Robb sent his blade into the Mountain's inner elbow, finally slashing into the strained tendon, breaking the grip as he fell to the ground. Gregor went over to his horse, heaving his broadsword out, as Robb rushed him. Seeing his peril, Gregor took his right arm off and smashed Robb. The force sent Robb's blade, formerly destined for the exposed gut, instead into his armpit. As Robb's headed bounced inside his steel helmet, his body sent flying into the steel carapace, he saw he had struck the artery, and bloody mail dangled from the wound. He looked up the hill for his guard, but saw instead the gleaming armor of Kevan Lannister charging through down the hill, dust flying. And he saw Morian's Slushpuppy slicing into the back of a guards neck, and meeting Kevan's as he charged. Robb scrambled up, weaponless, desperate to escape to safety, throbbing from his heavy bruising, and he could hear the crunching of the Mountain climbing after him, sinking into the gravel with every step. Robb, in a final surge of adreneline, shouted, "I have been sent by Oberyn Martell. You killed Elia of Dorne. Prepare to die!" feeling proud of himself as he recalled Oberyn's words. He picked up a spear from a corpse, and flung himself down the hill, slamming into a confused Gregor Cleglane, sending his spear into the Mountain's exposed gut. Gregor's metalled arm clenched around him, forcing him down.
    Gregor: "Dammit, why does everyone keep shouting at me about that?"
    Robb: "Well, you know the Red Viper...anyways, why are you speaking normally now?"
    Gregor: "I have a speech problem, okay? I'm very sensitive. People keep judging me on it, and 'oh no, you're a brute, you can't speak proper!' follows me everywhere! Do you have any idea how much this annoys me? I'm getting a PHD in Nueroscience, why can't anyone seem to remember? But, of course, I can't go to bloody Oldtown, because people like you seem to think that my speech problem implies stupidity! And that Brynded Blackfish fellow...so rude! Not to mention little Sandor, and UGH! Its been horrible! Why is it that people here just are too narrow minded to p-...ARGGGHH"
    Grey Wind had knocked off Gregor's helmet and torn into his face, tearing off an ear and a cheek. Gregor knocks him off, sending him down the gravelly slopes.
    Robb: "Greywind! What took you so long?!"
    Greywind, in his secret Stark-wolf treehouse code: "Bran fell into the well. Again."
    Gregor: "ENOUGH! Now, back to Elia of Dorne. Yes, I did all that...and now I shall demonstrate first hand how I smashed the babe's head against a wall. Like th-"
    Horse galloping distracts him, and he looks up, to see Slushpuppy tear through his throat, the momentum sending the blade through the metal neckguard, sinew, vein and membrane, even the bone, cutting in one final tug, Gregor's spinal cord, sending his head toppling down in a bloody mess onto Robb's chest. (Robb is unamused, as he now has to clean it extra..what a pain).
    Dorian lugged the massive corpse off of Robb, and helped him atop a new horse.
    Robb and Gregor had rolled far in the gravel, leaving a trail in the loose rock among the corpses. A trail of dead upon the grass of the valley led up to the loose slopes, and the massive pile of dead at Robb's battle line. He could see his banners as his men rushed down to chase after the routing remains of the Lannisters.

It had been a clear victory for Robb, but still a hard one to take in. The Lannister forces of Gregor and Kevan were crushed, with Kevan fleeing with his tail between his legs into the Hornvale. Gregor lay dead. But more Lannisters were coming, and Robb's host had taken a heavy beating. He knew he had to retreat to the Tooth, or lose everything in the Westerlands.
    And Robb needed no more confirmation than what he saw on the horizon, deep in the valley; Lions of Gold and Red. Tyrek Lannister's army. Robb ordered a retreat; they gambled that the Lannisters would rather fortify the vale than chase him down. As his forces pulled back, Robb wore a grim expression, and pushed exactly 17 minstrels into a river who had dared sing
    "Brave sir Robb ran away
    Bravely ran away away
    when danger reared it's ugly head
    he bravely turned his tail and fle-"
    And usually they didn't get past that. Robb was fond of feeding all the poor fishes.
    Tyrek, with his fresher force, followed, and soon Robb was forced to take a position on a wooded slope of a plateau, overlooking a valley adorned with a small sept and some farms. He only hoped Tyrek looked as incompetent as he seemed. Sure enough, Tyrek came. Robb, leading a broken force, looked down upon the shimming peacock leading his troops into the valley. One last battle to decide the fate of the Lord of the North.

Setting up his forces in a hidden line upon the wooded slope, and his cavalry, freed from Gregor's caravan, behind the Sept. Tyrek, inexperienced and incompetent, charged straight towards the trap. Sending his small contingent of hedge knights around the sept, Tyrek soon discovered that sending green mediocre troops up a steep hill towards experienced heavy cavalry charging downhill is not always a good idea. The light cavalry, arcing around, raided Tyrek's artillery battery and archers, sending his army into dissaray as he broke apart his forces to chase after faster cavalry, and was promptly charged from uphill into their flanks. Robb himself charged downhill, driving into his knights and archers, and sending his foes running. Tyrek himself was busy trying to fight spearmen, as he was being surrounded and poked, shouting angrily. Robb charged, lance ready, and soon Tyrek fled, his forces utterly crushed, but the charging cavalry from the flank soon had him surrendered, putting his decorated and armored arms into the air as he wimpered pathetically.

The Cowardly Lion, alas, was executed with his large captured army, having inflicted few casualties but had managed to get Tywin to facepalm repeatedly for twenty minutes straight, a new record.
    Robb returned to the Tooth, his army battered, but knowing the lions had been bled even worse. He then placed Marion as commander and Lord of the Golden Tooth, and the proud owner of Slushpuppy, the Mountain smasher and Lionbane of the West, the Bite of the North.
    But he knew that the war had taken a major step, not one easily reversed. And when he saw ravens from both East and West, he thought perhaps that maybe, for once, the words would not match the wings.

Well, that was a good amount of progress But I'm still not done with last week's game progress, but I'll continue tomorrow to bring it up to speed and start on tonight's play mayhaps
    I hope you all enjoyed it, but I would kindly ask for some response/comments; I feel really bad triple-posting!

Meanwhile, at Harrenhall, Roose Bolton and his army seiges it, and Janos Slynt, stuck with only a few peasants, rides out to parlay.
    Slynt: "So please, for everyone's sake, just let us leave. Revenge for Stark is not worth lives. I see no reason for anyone here to die."
    Roose: "As craven as you are, I see you have a good sense of reason, although I assure you I care not of dead wolflords. Just be aware that my men have are ready at any time to smash any keep, no matter how huge, and we wouldn't want to see that curse come into play would we? If you left any surprises, for example?"
    Slynt, looking frightened: "Of course not, of course not"
    Garold the guard runs in waving a scrap of paper.
    Garold: "My lord! A raven from your penpal!"
    Roose turns his back on Slynt, totally distracted, and reads the parchment. As his eyes go down the page, his face grows ever more sour.
    Slynt: "What does it say?"
    Roose: "A certain Tee-Tee is having a bad day."
    Slynt, looking worried: "And that means?"
    Roose: "You all die."
    Roose unsheaths his sword, smashing his blade into Janos' neck and sending the head, hinged on a frayed nerve column and some muscle, slamming into his backplate.
    Garold: "Sir! He was a messanger!"
    Roose: "And one who was a lord who went alone to a Flayed Man whose had a very bad day. The Lannisters might thank me."
    And so Roose took Harrenhall like a Myrish Sw-...I mean, very well indeed.

Outside of Lannisport, Jon Umber sits on a horse, shouting to Adam Marbrand, on the walls.
    Umber: "So then I said, 'BUT THE BEAVER DOESN'T HAVE ANY WALNUTS'"
    Adam: "I still don't get how this has anything to do with the siege!"
    Umber: "What I'm try'n to say is that you...how should I put it...pulled a Jaime."
    Adam: "So what if I..well...pulled a Jaime? That little septon is very convincing!"
    Umber: "Sure he is, you little summer boy! Now how ready are you to die?"
    Adam: "Hardly! You see, reinforcements are on the way!"
    Umber guffaws
    Umber: "Yah, all of a few militias! I knew that when I shows up outside yer gates, you'd be unprepared, and look at ya, caught with yer pants down!"
    Adam: "We thought you were an Oldtown Party Boat; you had quite a clever disguise."
    Umber: "Which reminds me, I have some very good malts from up North, if you'd like!"
    Adam: "Umm...no thanks."

Umber and his forces won the day, obviously enough, and the Wolf, Giant, and Giant-Aqua-Vege-Sun-Wolf replaced the Lannister lions above the walls.

Robb hearing the news, calls a Stark group huddle at the Tooth.
    Robb, bearing a letter in hand: "So, according to this letter, Karhold fell easily to Cassel. So we have victory in all fronts...and it seems like the lions are at an end of their reign. Tywin stalls Mace at Crakehall, but is unable to face us, and all-in-all, the door is at last opening towards the Rock."
    Roose: "I wouldn't say we've won. Our opponents are rich, powerful, and, according to my sources, very nimble, if you know what I mean."
    Robb: "I'd rather not."
    Umber: "I would!"
    Robb: "No you wouldn't. ANYWAYS, I'd like to welcome our newest member, Morian Norrey, Lord of the Tooth."
    Everyone turns to Morian, who is wearing a nametag and a very perturbed look.
    Umber: "Glorious wielder of Slushpuppy, the MountainSmasher! Let me see it! Oh, it looks as white as it did a millenia ago. Back when it was truly the greatest joke of the North...and now it just got so much more funny!" Umber falls backward in his chair, and Norrey looks even more perturbed.
    Robb: "Annnnyyywwwaayyys....what do you have to reveal to us, Bolton?"
    Roose: "Stannis and Arryn both have strong contingents at the border, and it may eventually fall to war. Joffrey raids towards their border as well, but feild no strong forces. Altogether a good holding position, but difficult if you want me to push forward."

Umber: "So, all in all, the wolves rule this day? It is therefore traditional for a Northmen group hug!"
    Robb: "You must be joking"
    Umber isn't and forces the table into a group hug, which Norrey and Robb find rather akward, before he finally lets go.
    Umber: "The KING IN DA....too soon?"
    Robb: "What was that?"
    Umber: "Nothing." Umber than initiates his pokerface.

Okay, that finishes that little segment, but hardly it as a whole (and thanks to Heart of Madness for combo-breaking!)

On a mountain above the Hornvale, Robb and Morian watch a seige from afar, with the rest of the small council dining a little aways.
    Morian: "You think they'll manage it this time? I mean, this is what, the fourth seige of the Hornvale? As much as I would love to see Mace win, it almost seems cursed."
    Robb: "My father never believed in curses and omens, and neither will I! It is a proud Stark practice of genre blindness that has ritually picked off my family for generations!"
    Morian: "Yeah, maybe you ought to rethink that. Anyways, I'm betting 20 stags they get smashed by Tywin or otherwise fail."
    Robb: "I'll take that bet. Anyways, how about we up the stakes to mayb-"
    Catelyn runs over, waving a letter
    Catelyn: "An urgent letter from the West! It has to be Umber!"
    Robb rushes over to the table with Morian, while Catelyn reads the letter, and Roose looks very bored.
    Robb: "What does it say, dear mother?"
    Catelyn: "The Lion's back for Lannisport, and Umber has been catapulting posioned antelope at them. Unfortunately, they didn't eat it as planned, but the corpses did give the stewards a hard time cleaning up."
    Robb: "Umber is underforced and his spontaneous advantage won't work while he's shut up in stone walls. How long until the army is finished repairing after the Battle of the Horn?"
    Catelyn: "It should be ready by the end of the week. However, there is a Southern Lannister army circling towards the Riverlands through Tyrell territory that we should be wa-"
    They are interrupted by a massive, high pitched noise that seems to echo off the mountains, causing everyone to cover their ears, except Bolton, who calmly places a pair of fluffy pink earmuffs on his head (with little embroidered flayed men). Oberyn Martell, poised hiding in the bushes, falls out and rolls down the hill, writhing in anguish.
    Robb: "What in seven hells was that?!"
    Oberyn: "Sounded like 'PeeetYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-"
    Robb: "Wait, why are you even here?"
    Oberyn: "Well, I had to make sure you'd keep your word. The Red Viper deals with enough sleasy little puppydogs to know that he must deal with things...himself" Oberyn flings himself on top of Catelyn, who dumps him promptly onto the ground irreverantly. He rolls over and lounges on a rock.
    Robb: "You've got your proof, now head back to Dorne; Prince Doran needs you."
    Oberyn: "But Tywi-"
    Roose: "You just can't get enough, isn't it?"
    Oberyn turns to him, angry and flustered at his disrespect, and marches away, forgetting his poise for a moment.
    Robb: "Annnyyywaaayyys...so what exactly was that?"
    Morian: "Dragons coming back into the world?"
    Roose: "Maybe the Starks were finally right and winter showed up; maybe Sansans attacked; maybe all the Lannisters were eaten by a flying kraken on ice skates. Who knows?"
    Robb gave him a peircing glare, but was too distracted to noticed Catelyn begin to say something, but catch herself; after all, she knew it couldn't possibly be...

The Wolves prepared later that week, forgetting the strange incidents on the Horn. Robb, Lord of Winterfell, set out to break the seige of Lannisport, his experienced, renewed army ready for battle.

Meanwhile, at Harrenhall, Roose is dusting his skins, whistling "The Bear and the Maiden Fair", when suddenly a messenger bursts in.
    Messenger: "Sir, Sandor Cleglane the Hound, and Tommen the Naive have appeared outside our gates with a massive force, m'lord! Quickly, to the gates!"
    Roose flies out of his chambers, down the many staircases, and to the gate to view the Lannister force preparing for a seige. The massive forces of the Boy King surround the citadel. Roose, knowing that he could only do this once, prepared his trump card. He sent out a parlay for Sandor Cleglane to enter negotiations in Harrenhall, but only if alone. A risky move for Sandor to take, but possibly very fruitful. The Hound, knowing that if he entered the citadel, he would be at their mercy, guards or no guards, he took the oppurtunity. Led by a messenger bearing the Flayed Man, he was led to a chamber deep within the final keep, and allowed inside.
    Sandor: "What the is this, pink man? All alone, no guards, what's that supposed to mean? If you're going to kill me, you could have done it a hundred times by now..."
    The door closed behind him, and, a few hours later, Sandor burst from the room, running as fast as he could.
    Roose (calling after him): "Oh come on Sandor, what's the matter?"
    Sandor, pale as snow, ran from the keep in silence, only saying "go" once he left the gates. As the Lannister forces fled with no casualties taken on either side, Sandor was constantly looking over his shoulders, shuddering and wide-eyed.
    Messenger: "So...sir, what was that about?"
    Roose: "Poor little pup always thinks the Sansans are after him...I have the Blackfish to thank for that one."
    Messenger: "But for him to be so afraid, doesn't that mean..."
    Roose: "Some questions are better left unanswered. And other questions involve a torment-filled death if they are answered by chance. Either way, I suggest you leave this where it lies, and forget about it..."

Meanwhile, in the Mystery Mobile...(spoiler for total pointlessness)

Fred: "I just got the feeling we have a mystery to solve, gang!"
    Shaggy: "Mysteries are always so frightening...can't we just stay here and vacation in Highgarden for once?"
    Daphne: "Shaggy, we have to solve what these sorts of things! It's just how it works! Stop chickening out!"
    Velma: "But how will we know exactly where to start on this mystery?"
    Shaggy: "Exactly, maybe we should just forget about it..."
    Scooby: "Rats Right! Rust roret arout it!"
    Fred: "Actually, I know just the place to start... THE DREADFORT!"
    Scooby: "THE REDRORT?!"
    Shaggy: "That sounds a major sort of spooky, dude...I think, instead, we should just tackle the mystery of this amazing poached pear!"
    Daphne drags Shaggy into the Mobile, and they set off for the North. After a long drive north, they at last reach the Dreadfort.
    Cue Scooby Doo Theme Song.
    Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?
    We got some work to do now.
    Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?
    We need some help from you now.

Come on Scooby-Doo, I see you... pretending you got a sliver
    But you're not fooling me, cause I can see, the way you shake and shiver.

You know we got a mystery to solve,
    So Scooby Doo be ready for your act. [Scooby Doo] Uh-uh Uh-uh
    Don't hold back!
    And Scooby Doo if you come through
    you're going to have yourself a scooby snack!
    That's a fact!

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, here Are You.
    You're ready and you're willing.
    If we can count on you Scooby Doo,
    I know you'll catch that villian.
    Once there, they talk to Old Maester Jenkins, who tells them of a mysterious ghost of Ramsay, a mute ghost in the fog, which haunts the Dreadfort of late. They interview the casellan, and make a list of fishy characters as suspects:
    The Wealthy Merchant who wants to buy the forest and make it into a horror-themed amusement park
    The old janitor who always manages to end up where he is least expected
    The fishmonger who wants to get revenge on the castellan for cheating on her
    Castellan: "Oh, and there is also a visiting ex-master, by the name of Qyburn, who has rented a sub-dungeon (not the sub-sub-dungeons, or the super-secret-Flayed-Man-lair-dungeon, but the regular old sub one) to try out some experiments."
    The Gang decides to investigate him next, and they all head down to the subdungeons to take a look. Qyburn is surrounded by odd inventions, odd concoctions, and the like. A metal door leads to a side room, and Qyburn himself is occupied, bending over a huge, lumpy object covered by a sheet. They greet each other awkwardly, and Daphne sneaks off and opens the door into the side room. The room is pure darkness, with only the dim wafts of light from Qyburn's lamp entering. Out of the thick shadows, a face materializes; that of Ramsay Snow, smiling, pale white, almost manic. He does not speak, only smiles, and grabs Daphne, pulling her in, before slamming the door shut. The Gang is startled, but reassured, as this always happens to Daphne. Qyburn explains to them that he used Ramsay as an experiment to bring him back from the dead, but he cannot speak and is highly unstable (or that could just be Ramsay being Ramsay, no one's sure), and that UnRamsay cannot be controlled, and has been killing and flaying wanton.
    Velma: "We have to save her! Who knows what's going on!"
    Fred: "You're right! Time is of the essence, gang!"
    Shaggy: "Why do we have to go into that dark, with that lunatic?! Daphne always makes it out, it shouldn't be a probl-"
    Shaggy is cut off as the door bursts open, and a package is thrown at his face before it slams shut.
    They inspect the package, and discover it is human skin, with words in blood "A peice of princess". There is a horrified silence for a moment.
    Qyburn: "Wow! He is getting much better at zis! Look at how fast he managed it, not even past three hours!"
    Scooby: "Rinning Raphne?!" Scooby faints.
    The gang decides to head in with Scooby Snacks and a net, forcing Qybrun to promise to show them what is under the large sheet when they return. He sends them off with encouragement as the darkness swallows them, then promplty slams the door, and begins chaining it up; whoever wins, it doesn't matter, but he won't be dealing with it.
    And they were never seen again.

Later, in the Westerlands, Robb and his host review their warplans one last time.
    Robb: "Okay, so the army beseiging Lannisport has broken off, as anticipated. I'm thinking we should beseige the Rock itself, draw their armies out, bleed them, and then let Umber move in and finish the job if we don't manage. The Lannisters can't possibly stand a seige of the Rock, so we have to expect major resistance. Dear mother, any last news before we bear down on the Rock?"
    Catelyn: "Well, the Arryns have moved a massive army into the Neck, but it appears to be unable to make up it's mind on where it is going or what it is doing; it is going up and down through the marsh pointlessly. In fact, they aren't even at war with anyone at this point. Also, the Lannisters sent their armies through Tyrell land and into the Riverlands. We still don't know what their doing."
    Robb: "Tell Kartsark and the Twins to prepare larger garrisons, and warn Edmure; this is rather disturbing news, but nothing pressing."
    Catelyn: "Also, Widow's Watch is under seige by Cassel."
    Robb: "Okay, good. Anything else?"
    Catelyn: "Also, The Hound has retreated after seiging Harrenhall...and then immediately breaking the seige and running away. I have no clue what that's about."
    Robb: "Oh I'm sure there's a story there, but the important thing is that Harrenhall is safe. Now tell the captains to clean the armor and prepare the arms...we march on the morrow. Upon Casterly Rock."

With that, the Northern forces assaulted the walls of the Rock, laying seige. The Lannisters, desperate to protect the central key to the Westerlands, quickly sent Captain Rollam to break the siege. Retreating to an open feild, Robb soon had two large armies sallying forth to destroy him from the same direction. In the fields of Casterly, Robb prepared his troops, and soon his host was in formation, steel shining in the Western sun. The sizeable red tide was chasing after him, he could see, but it made little difference. Without leadership, Robb knew, he had the advantage here, although he knew his forces were not completely recovered from the Battle of the Hornvale. He donned his helm as the Lannisters drew near. He gazed into the enemy formations, making plans and strategies in his head as the lions prepared to pounce. And so the Battle of Casterly began.

As a matter of bussiness, Robb first sent forth his meagre remaining cavalry. The horsemen and knights slid behind the first Lannister force, breaking organization and twisting away from the massive onslaught of Lannister knights. The formations broken and the army is chaos, the forces then flung themselves onto specific points of Robb's line. The line curled around, and the Lord of Winterfell made sure to circle the massive groups, applying spearmen to the huge cavalry contingents and men-at-arms and dismounted knights to the Lannister infantry. Over the mosh, Captain Rollam was heard shouting to his men "The Young Wolf seeks to hide behind his men? Now watch as I bring you his head! Slay these foul wolves, as I shall slay this one!", and the Lannister Heavy Knight soon charged at Robb himself, going between the two moshes of battle. Robb, anticipating a cavalry attack on him and his archers, reigned his horse around and went behind his pike line, the lions at his back. Rollam, caught up in bloodlust and incensed by seeing Robb flee, didn't even both to look down. His eyes burning into Robb's backplate, he shouted, "Look how he flees with his tail in between his le-...".
    Unfortunately, Rollam never got around to finishing the sentence, as the pike he had just launched himself into had used his own momentum, and punctured his breathplate, sending the massive spear through the mail and into his ribcage, spearing his left lung as well as several major arteries and veins. He screamed as the most terrible pain he had ever experienced raged in his chest, but as blood filled his lungs, he was unable to scream a second time, and instead writhed grasping at the pike in his chest, as burning liquid filled his lungs and poured from the hole in his chest.
    The Westerland Knights looked at their dead captain, still managing to fight on due to their fierce training and experience...until they heard the horn behind them, and Robb's lances smashed into their flank, sending men fleeing in a chaotic flurry. Men of both sides turned to look as the knights fled, hounded by the Young Wolf...and also at the lone horse, dragging a corpse, still entangled in saddle gear and having fallen to horse's side, it's torso and head against the dry grass, along after it, and Captain Rollam left a smear of blood on the ground after him. After a dreadful pause, men started to run. Near surrounded, totally unorganized and leaderless, men fled the field, scrambling to get away. The mob on Robb's right had already lost all it's infantry to fear, and as he charged into the knight's backs and speared them from the back, he found that they too soon ran. Looking forward, onto the field, he saw that his cavalry, whom he had tasked with keeping the massive Lannister archer force from firing, had encountered hedge knights sent ahead by the oncoming Captain Lucion, and that the archers were beginning to reform and fire. As they gathered into a massive line to pummel the Northerners, Robb led his guard behind the archers, at last crashing into their flank and charging down the line. The already disheartened archers soon began to flee, as Robb smashed down the massive line, eventually unable to use his lance from the number of impaled corpses and body parts, and being forced to use his sword, cutting down men as his massive warhorse ran down unarmored longbowmen, trampling them beneath it's hooves. This route in turn sent the remnants of Rossam's forces into a retreat, leading to a massive wave of fleeing troops.
    Lucion's forces soon found themselves disorganized as well, as they broke apart to attack Robb's cavalry, the multiple peices of the Northern army, and also as they waded through lions in flight and flying arrows of Northern archers. The ensuing bloodbath and skirmishes soon became a blur, as Robb's forces engaged the fractured but well-trained Lannister forces. Lucion himself soon fled, but was cut down by a Northern archer. In the end, only a force of the Rock's elite was left, the lion's rearguard, and the warriors found themselves surrounded, and it was not long before even they fled, joining the waves of fleeing Lannisters.

And although the Lannister forces had taken down a fair number of Stark men in the mosh, the few survivors were unable to reclaim the Rock, and the dozen survivors surrendered rather than fight when Robb chased them there. The Battle of Casterly was a success, as the Key of the Westerlands was now in Stark hands. But, he spotted a messenger raven from the East, he had a sudden ominous feeling that the victory had not been quite as complete as he had expected.

At Harrenhall...
    Roose: "And, of course, five second of alone time is all I want, but nooo, I can't have that can I?"
    Garold the Guard: "It's urgent, my lord, and extremely so"
    Roose walks out to the battlements, and sees troops with blue and white banners surrounding the citadel. 'Bloody Arryns', Roose thought, 'just can't seem to stop sticking their heads where they don't belong'.
    Garold: "My lord, the enemy captain is at the gates, wanting to speak with you."
    Roose walks down to the wall above the portcullis.
    Roose: "What is it? Why are you attacking?"
    Captain Donnel of the Arryn forces, in a mocking voice: "What is? Why are you attacking?"
    Roose: "What in seven hells...."
    Donnel: "What in seven hells?"
    Roose: "You can't be serious. That's just plain immature."
    Donnel: "You can't be serious, that's just plain immature!"
    Roose: "hmmm two can play that game.....Captain Donnell of the Vale is really a fat craven who sleeps with cattle, and couldn't outwit or outfight a lobster!"
    Donnel: "AM NOT!"
    Roose: "ARE TO!"
    Donnel: "If you want to be like that, it's time for single combat! Or are you the craven one?"
    Roose accepts, and they meet beneath the gates. They begin with a duel, but Donnel drops his sword and cuts his foot, so it is determined that the only fair way would be a game of checkers. After a near instant Bolton victory, Donnel demands Rock-paper-scissors, but Roose quickly figures out that Donnel always chooses scissors in an attempt to be fierce. They then divert to one last trial: a staring contest.
    And, after exactly 2 hours, Donnel falls over shaking, with permanent mental scarring. Looking into those eyes does that to some people.
    The Arryn host agrees to return to the Saltpans making for another month-long siege (Roose had been locked in his chambers after some very bad news from T-T for a month, but the seige once again ended without bloodshed)...but the war had begun.

And, with the Arryns supporting Joffrey as the true king, the war had finally spread to every corner of Westeros.

The Council of Evil Superfriends League of Westeros Stark high council again convenes to go over news.
    Robb: "So they just keep leaving? That's it?"
    Roose: "Yeah, although Sandor is nearing the riverlands again, which might mean a lasting seige."
    Robb: "Well, Harrenhall is the perfect place for such a seige, and....by the way, where's Catelyn?"
    Catelyn bursts in, holding a letter.
    Catelyn: "Robb, Cassel has taken Widow's Watch, and you finally have all of the North supporting the cause. We also now have Cassel with an army, ready to support us wherever we might need it."
    Umber, waking up: "Wait...so we have all of the North? All of it? You know what THAT MEEEAAANS"
    Roose: "Oh gods, please spare us THAT, Umber"
    Robb: "What, who, where, when?"
    Umber unsheathes his sword, and throws it to the table.
    Umber: "THE KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGG IN THE NOOOOOORRRTTH"
    Roose: "Gods save us"
    Morian: "THE KING IN THE NORTH"
    Servant handing Roose some summerwine: "THE KING IN THE NORTH" as he kneels, spillling the drink.
    Oberyn Martell, outside "THE KING IN THE NORTH"
    Mace Tyrell, bursting in: "THE KING IN THE NORTH"
    Edmure, rolling out from under the table with the Blackfish: "THE KING IN THE NORTH"
    The Blackfish: "The KING IN THE ...COMBO BREAKER"

Meanwhile, at the Dreadfort
    Qyburn: "THE KING IN THE NORTH"
    "Robert Strong" : "BLE BLE BLE BLE BLE"

Beyond the Wall, an Other bursts from the snow in front of two Watchmen.
    Other: "the keeeng in the north"
    Guardsman 1: "THE KING IN THE NORTH"
    Guardsman 2: "Holy !!"
    Guardsmen 1 punches the second in the face

The moment passes, and everyone returns to what they were doing before.
    Robb: "What just happened?"
    Roose: "I guess this means you are the king in the North."
    Robb: "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"
    Catelyn: "I'm not sure."
    Morian: "I guess we'll find out soon enough..."
    Umber: "Politics? That can wait 'till after the crowning! Anyways, I just sent for Karstark, so -"
    Robb: "NO...I mean, maybe it's best if he..uhh...watches Moat Cailin while the Arryns hold the Neck"
    Umber is annoyed, but gets over it by shouting: "THE. KING. OF. THE NORTH. AND. BLOODY TOUGH MEEEAAATT"

A knock on the door interrupts Bolton, as he was about to respond. The conversation goes silent, and Catelyn opens the door. Renly Baratheon strides in, in bright colored robes and hair blowing in nonexistent wind.
    Robb: "How did you find our lair?"
    Renly: "It wasn't too hard to find, dude...I just followed Mace Tyrell. Anyways, I hear you guys are breaking away from the kingdom?"
    Robb: "And you would know this....why?"
    Renly: "When Penrose won't shut up, nothing gets in his way"
    Robb: "I see. Anyways, what is your message, Lord Renly."
    Renly: "IT IS KING Renly. King. And that's why this is uncool, bro. Really uncool. I mean, I heard all that yelling and I was like 'WTF', and then I saw Loras post on Oldtown that no true king would watch his realm walk away and I was all 'WTTTTF FML LORAS' and then I realized that you started all this. You started all this, wolfy, and I am tired of people talking behind my back, and Loras not talking to me, and Stannis sending me mean notes, and the Blackfish being a tease! It was YOU!" Renly begins pelting Robb with peaches.
    Robb, covering his face: "What is the meaning of this? How dare you approach another king like this?It is not honourable, or courteous, reasonable, or anything but bratty and immature."
    Renly: "Cool story, brah, but you're no king any more than your wolf is a bird."
    Roose: "Continue whining here, whelp, and you and your fuzzy peaches will get flayed so bad that people will think you a strange peice of butcher's meat."
    Renly: "You can't flay peaches."
    Roose: "Of course you can; they have skin, don't they?"
    Renly: "Oh that doesn't count!"
    Umber: "You know what I always do when things look down and everyone gets so anxious?"
    Everyone stares at Umber, and the room goes silent.
    Umber: "I say a phrase I learned in the Summer Islands...I think it was Kabunna Shyamalana or something of the sort...now everyone TOGETHER NOW!
    Kubanna Shylama. Don't be anxious and pale (*nudges Roose, who is unamused*)
    Kubanna Shylama. Go fetch us some ALE!
    It means no worries, if you're noble and male
    Its a problem free
    philosophyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"
    Renly: "It means no worries
    don't be stressed out and crazed!"
    Renly and Umber: "ITS A LOGIC-FREEEEE PHILANTROPYYYYY Kuuubanna Shylama."
    Renly and Umber continue to drink and joke for the rest of the day. The next day, when the council reconvenes, peace is declared.
    A Very Hungover Renly: "Uggghh....well, peace, not war, ain't it Umbro?"
    Umber and Renly do their super-secret-cool-warlords-club handshake, and Renly departs. Unfortunately for Renly, however, Loras feels very jealous and put off, and Highgarden breaks away from supporting Renly.

That week, Robb led his forces down the penninsula to Kayce, to quickly finish the Lannister presence there. Beseiging the town, he found that only Lancel and some local untrained peasants garrisoned it. Battering through the gates and almost instantly routing the peasants, Lancel soon found himself running for dear life towards the town center. As the knights captured his forces fleeing down the avenue, and he found himself alone in the square, Lancel pleaded for mercy.

Lancel: "IT WAS ONLY HER BELLY, M'LORD, DON'T HUURT MEEE" Lancel begins to sob.
    Rob, slowing down his charge: "What in seven hells are you talking about?"
    Lancel: "Sir, do you know the phrase 'Lanceling'? Or perhaps the Blue Bard's latest hit, 'Ladies love a Lancel?' You know...'She ain't want no moon tea, moon tea, all she want's a good lancel, daug, imp'll leave you all free, all free, all he want's you to lancel, duag, maybe you-"
    Robb, interrupting: "Wait, so the rumor's are really true?"
    Lancel: "DONT KILL ME"
    Robb: "Why would you even tell me this? It only would make me more likely to kill you...but, being as you've dropped your sword, I'll accept a yeild"
    Random crippled villager: "Do it, Lancel. Yeild. Yeild. YEILD! YEILD, DAMMIT!!"
    Lancel: "Why is everyone yelling at me??!"
    Lancel was captured, but Robb promptly executed him after Lancel, who had finally felt the courage to fight back, offered him some strongwine. Unfortunately for Lancel, Robb noticed the boar in the closet, and promptly hanged him.

Meanwhile, off the Fingers, Rodrick Cassel sailed the Manderly fleet southward. As the sea foam in the wind whistled around him, he felt young again. His energy matched his newfound confidence; no longer was he to put down rebellious Northern lordlings like a mother hen. With the North held and fortified, he had taken the initiative; the ravens told of Arryns raiding along the Kingsroad gathering at the Saltpans, and Cassel knew that Robert the Young was unlikely to expect Northern attacks. After all, the Arryns had been preparing a navy, but the White Harbor fleet had sent them beneath the waves. As the vessels struck across the seas, he soon spotted his target.

Meanwhile, at Heart's Home...
    Lyn Corbray: "Bloody Sparrow! All I had left was a few pikemen, but ONE of you just had to go Jaime didn't you? Now here we are, and you are SO lucky we aren't like to be attacked. Now who was it?!"
    Bodyguard: "My lord...umm...behind you....the window..."
    Lyn: "There's a fleet behind me isn't there?"
    Cassel, from afar: "Ahoy there, you angry little buggers!"
    Lyn: "Damn you all to seven hells! What am I supposed to do?!"
    A voice calls from Lyn's chambers, and he runs in angrily to see what it is. He sees what appears to be a faint image of a blonde woman, all in blue.
    Lyn: "I don't remember asking for a whore, might as well a blue one...however, I must say, you are very attractive, and I might as well..."
    Jaime Lannister's Ghost, very disgruntled: "Lyyyynnn....Lyyynnn...Wait, what? Oh , you people are starting to make me feel self-concious! Is it the hair?"
    Lyn: "Oh Seven above! Is that....JAIME!"
    Jaime: "Yeeeesss, Lyyynnn, it is meeeeee, ooooohhhhh. I wouuld have yooou doooo what I didn't so looong agooooo oooohhh"
    Lyn: "And what would that be, Lannister of Seiges Past?"
    Jaime: "Well now I'm not telling you. No man calls Jaime Lannister a whore!"
    Lyn: "Please, please, It was an easy mistake!!!!"
    Jaime, fading away: "You know, you're only making it worse"
    Lyn crumples onto his bed, sobbing. First he didn't get the woman, then he doesn't get the survival secrets, and then she faded away. What a horrible day, only made worse by the sound of the battering ram smashing the unmanned gates.

Needless to say, Cassel took no casualties as his army took Heart's Home. He set his eyes to the Mountains, and prepared for the march; the Eryie awaited.

Petyr: "And now Westeros Today would like to apologize for the recent unexpected haitus, which was due to some unexpected difficulties."
    Lysa, backstage: "Petyr, Petyr, why did you leave me? I gave you plenty of food and water, and the leash looked so stylish! Oh Petyr, how did you get out? You should know I payed quite a lot to make sure you never escap-"
    Petyr: "SECURITY....well, uurmm...back to our International Segment. In recent news, Quentyn Martell has forced his way into the Felwood, taking the Keep and establishing it as a territory of Dorne. However, in a recent interview, he did acknowledge that he kept having this feeling he was going to be incinerated any second; oh those querky politicians. In other news, Mace Tyrell proudly announced that he has taken the Hornvale, and has dispatched a sizeable force to take King's Landing. Now for the weather with Varys."
    Varys: "Thanks, Petyr. In Weather news, the autumn has brought an excellent climate for jumping in piles of golden leaves, feasting, farming, and bloodshed. Also we have some predictions that winter is in fact coming. Now time for Illyrio with Celebrity Corner after this commercial break."
    After an ad for Illyri-Os, Illyrio himself comes on for his segment.
    Illyrio: "This is a sad day, ladies and gentlemen, peasants and lords, as we mourn the death for bestselling writer, cook, stripper general, and leader Brynden Tully, as a massive Lannister resurgence program killed him in his home of Riverrun. Rest in peace, little Blackfish, and may you swim on in our hearts forever. More on Edmure's reaction to this horrid death, after The View, with the special guest of Prince Tommen, with his new theory 'How Kittens can improve everything'."

Meanwhile, in the Vale...
    Rodrick Cassel looked up to the mountain pass where the Eryie was perched, his eyes tracing the tiny burrow trail leading to the gate.
    Cassel: "We'll starve them out, good sirs. No need for overdue casualties taking the mountain."
    Squire: "But sir, what of the news that the Arryn forces are returned to the Vale? With their military rushing back to defend, how will we stand the onslaught out here?"
    Cassel dismissed the squire without a word. He already knew of the Arryn armies, and knew that he would have to play the part of Robb if he wanted to bleed them into submission. He has rushed to the Eryie, leaving only newly recruited men to guard the Home, as he had been eager to catch the Arryns off guard. But, seeing the fortress himself, he realized that there was no way to truly surprise them here; he would have to wait, and, eventually, fight the enemy in the open feild. But so be it; he knew that the Eryie would serve as the perfect base of operations for taking the Vale, and would properly divide the province in half.
    And so he waited.

Meanwhile, in the Eryie itself...
    Ser Valen, of the Eagle's Guard: "But how will we survive so long here with no food or the like? They will surely seek to starve us out!"
    Robert Sweetrobin: "I've got an idea! What if we give all the food to mummy, and everyone just drinks like I do?"
    Another Guardsmen: "It might just work..."
    Valen: "I am a knight! I will not take my food like a babe!"
    Robert: "You're missing out then."
    Lysa: "I'm finding this suggestion might be slightly flawed my Sweetrobin..."
    Robert: "It works for me, why not everyone else?"
    Other guardsmen: "Yeah! You tell 'em!"
    Lysa: "Guard, what is your name?"
    Guard: "Schwabb, m'lady"
    Lysa: "Make him fly!"
    Robert: "MAKE HIM FLY! Can I make the bad man fly to, mummy?"
    Lysa: "Once we have him, little sweetrobin."
    Scwabb, flying by the window: "I REGRET NOTHING"
    Lysa: "All the better. Now come along, Sweetrobin. We shall not need to resort to extremes; we have armies on their way, and we shall be free again soon enough."

Cassel watched as his troops marched away from the trail. The grey direwolf proudly on display as they marched on, he took one last envious look at the Eryie. His scouts had told him of Alyn Waynwood, with a mighty force, leading a large force, near 1000 strong, to break his seige. Cassel may have been proud, but never foolish; he knew he could not remain and be smashed to bits against between the two forces. As he took a position on a large, sweeping hill, he watched the troops in the wood descend through the mountains. He had lured them into essentially a large depression in the ground, and watched with satisfactio n as the larger army drove relentlessly into his hands. He placed his helm upon his head, and fell into his old ways of battle, as instincts began to rise up and his mind blotted out unnessecary thoughts. Now was the time for blood on grass, steel on steel, and the dead on rocky soil. The time for war.

As he surveyed his opponent, he quickly began analyzing their forces. Large swaths of infantry, with a few crossbowmen and no cavalry but the general's own guard, made their forces. As the dismounted swordsmen dug in their feet into the rocky soil as they ascended the hill, he noticed a complete lack of spearmen besides a small contingent of elite heavy troops; most carried blades, and Cassel knew that this force would make for a tough opponent, but hardly a flexible one. He watched as his cavalry darted through the lines, mixing chaos into the army as they swooped between walls of swordsmen and chased the crossbowmen back down the hill. Albar Waynwood, a new general of young age and green as grass, fell for the distraction, sending his infantry to chase down the horsed knights. The knights and scouts busy dodging the pursuing divisions, Albar promptly set up his lines, sending his forces into the Stark infantry head on. He himself ran back and forth among the crossbowmen, shouting incouragement.
    Cassel, to the archers: "Aim for the idiot running around in front of his archers. Should be an easy target."
    The raining arrows came down in a torrent, puncturing many guards and archers alike. His own, downhill and heavily injured crossbowmen could not keep up with the archers, and soon Albar found himself alone, with a few crossbowmen, atop a mound of riddled bodies. But he remained stubborn as always; after all, he WAS winning the battle. His infantry had returned to the fray, and Cassel's charges into the swordsmen were slowly getting less vigorous. If by nothing else, he would crush them by numbers. In his (very lonely) excitement, he didn't hear the thunderous pound of hooves, as the light cavalry division slammed into him from behind. The first lance shrieked as it rent a gash into his backplate, nearly sending him off his mount, and throwing his arrow-riddled sheild to the ground. He pulled around, recovering lightning-fast, but, unfortunately for him, the second lance was just as quick, and slammed into his breastplate, sending a crack into the steel, and savagely ripping his breastplate out of place. The third lance then decided to actually be a contender ( and be somebody, instead of a bum, which is what is is), and promptly dove into his liver, sending a shearing pain into him as it pierced through the necessary organ and into his gut. Albar screamed wildly as he was overwhelmed by pain, trying in vain to pull out the lance. Luckily, his pain was mercifully ended as the cavalryman took out his sword and sent it through his gorget, cutting his throat and sending his head against his chest, the blood flowing down across the battered blue-and-white of the breastplate. Well, it was moderately quick; drowning in your own blood as your mind fades of extreme bloodloss and lack of oxygen is certainly quicker than dieing as the ammonia poisons what hasn't been ravaged by a spear in your organs. I'm sure that wasn't much consolation, but that's what happens when you aren't a major character, I suppose.
    Seeing their general die, and with knights and scouts alike charging their flanks, the morale broke. Knights of great valor tumbled down the grassy slope in their haste to escape what had quickly turned from a strong victory into a massacre. Light cavalry swarmed in their back, sending a stream of prisoners to the caravans. Cassel, himself bloodied from the battle, gazed on, drunk of victory, exhaustion, and adreneline as he looked hopefully to the ominous sky.

The day ended after ferreting out pockets of knightly resistance. But the day remained won, and in such a fashion that the singers would remember the day for some years (before inevitably returning to Lancelling, of course).
    But the victory was not overly celebrated, as Robert sent a force of his finest knights from the Eryie to smash Cassel's injured force.

However, Cassel, remaining on his hill, soon had the two smaller forces seperated and surrounded, quickly crushing them to dust. The Arryn's reliance on small pockets of undefended sword-bearing infantry quickly proved something of an extreme weakness (and also to act as one more question for Westerosi schoolchildren to answer incorrectly on their pop quizzes tomorrow).
    And so the Battles of the MoonValley was won, and Cassel prepared again for his seige upon the Vale.

Rickon: "So Now that I'm a general, does that mean I get Shaggy back?"
    Bran: "No, Rickon, I'm sorry but the Men took Shaggy away. I don't know where he is."
    Rickon: "I know Bran...but I miss my Shaggydog, even now."
    Bran: "What have your wolf dreams said?"
    Rickon: "Strange things, Bran...strange things. I see a dark cave, with a waterfall, a the smell of sand and spice, I see large steel machines of light, I taste strange foods, and see a man with the strangest haircut I've ever seen."
    Bran: "We'll find him someday, Rickon...I swear to you, I will try. In the meantime, you need to restore peace to White Harbor...it seems Manderly has an affinity for you."

Meanwhile, at Starfall, in the Mountains of Dorne, in Gerold Dayne's Lair....
    Darkstar: "Alfred! Are all my guests cleared out?"
    Alfred: "Yes, m'lord, it is safe enough to press the button."
    Darkstar presses the head of a bust, which flips open, revealing a button. He presses it, and a bookshelf moves aside to reveal a stairway. He walks into the tunnel, as the shelf returns to place behind him. He descends into his Secret Darkstar Lair, where he passes the StarMobile, and continues to the computers with Alfred, throwing Shaggy a piece of beef jerky.
    Darkstar: "Alfred, what are the results of the usual searches?"
    Alfred: "My lord, you still have the most ridiculous name...however, an assassin named Jaquen has threatened your ranking as weirdest hairstyle!"
    Darkstar: "I'll deal with him when I deal with him...in the meantime, fetch me some muffins and tell the Citadel that I have some new plans regarding tests on captured wights."
    Alfred: "Yes, my lord."

Meanwhile At the Plot] at the Saltpans...
    Roose: "Oh, Nestor, Nestor, did you pull a Jaime to?"
    Nestor: "I retain some of my forces, flayed dog!"
    Roose: "A few peasants, while I wait outside with the finest pickings of Harrenhall. Surrender!"
    Nestor: "NO!"
    Roose: "Fine then, here we go again."

A raven flies from the won town, flying past the flayed bodies of a dozen peasants.
    'T-T', it writes, 'I can't write long, I am afraid; I have duties to attend to. You know how it is. In any case, I am not the holder of the Saltpans, and, I grow all the more melancholy as I realize that I am farther away than ever. Some day, I shall show you my Northern home, so we may gather close to get warm under the blankets of our enemies, and so snuggle close as we have been so far apart...but alas, I must go, my people need me. So long, my golden lion! Love Roosey'.

At the Eryie, Robb and the Stark Council enter the main chamber to talk peace with Lord Robert.
    Robb: "It seems to me that, with the Eryie threatened, and your armies cut off from the Vale by Roose, perhaps you can finally give up this pointless conquest. We are, after all, willing to return you your territories, break the seige, and return home...on a few conditions...namely, that you show your support for territorial independence, by going to war against the Kings Stannis and Joffrey."
    Lysa: "And Renly?"
    Robb: "Renly is not all too unfavorable with us, and is occupied as it is. Support him if you will, but you must , no matter your choice, fight these Crownlanders. Stannis is far too agressive and stiff-necked; he needs further distraction from the Northern breakaway. And War on Joffrey's brood will demonstrate your newfound disdain with him, will it not?"
    Robert: "I don't like these conditions....Make them FLY!"
    Cassel: "Little Lord, you may take these conditions or fly yourself...perhaps you ought to consider it."
    Lysa: "And how will we know you Starks will uphold your treaties, and aren't going to attack my son as soon as he lies friendless?"
    Robb: "Perhaps you could swing your support for the Northern Alliance? The Lannisters are a spent force, and the Baratheons equally injured. The Arryns could profit from throwing off the yoke..."
    Lysa: "Perhaps...but the alliance will never hold. Of that, I am sure."
    Robb: "We shall see. In the meantime, we have treaties to sign. And afterwards, we must surely rest a few days after such long travels."

After much paperwork, Robb ascended to his chambers, after Robert was rushed off with a near-mortal papercut. Climbing the stairs, he discusses the afternoon's agenda with Cassel.
    Robb: "So perhaps a mummer's show at eight? I've always wanted to see 'The Bankers of Braavos'."
    Cassel: "Oh, that one is excellent, your grace; I remember I was singing 'Springtime for Stannis and Draagonstoooone....wiiinteerrr fooor Cersei and Jaiiime....R'hllor's the new core for Westeros....don't be stupid, be a smartie, come and join AA's good army!' for weeks."
    The two laugh, and Robb is about to suggest his new idea of applying butter to popped sweetcorn kernals, but the thought it driven from his head as he looks up and sees a beautiful woman outside his chamber.
    Robb was about to say something, when Cassel jumped in.
    Cassel, to Robb: "Don't be too quick to jump to assumptions, my grace...you never know when a whore might be Jaime, or perhaps the Blackfish, donning a guise of their most beautiful forms to haunt you."
    Cassel begins fleeing down the stairs, and Robb calls after him.
    Robb: "Well, I could imagine this would be the Blackfish then; Jaime is most certainly blonde."
    Anya: "I am most certainly neither Jaime nor Brynden, your grace; I am Anya of House Arryn, come to comfort you after your loss."
    Robb: "What loss?"
    Anya: "It said in this paper, that your brothers have been slaughtered by Theon Greyjoy!"
    Anya pulls out a copy of 'Weekly Westerosi News'; the death article is next to one outlining how Sandor Cleglane faked Brynden's death for their secret love.
    Robb: "WWN? You truly believe such things? Anyways, the world knows that Sandor never felt any attachment for the Blackfish, it's clearly an exaggeration. Of course, comforting doesn't sound too bad."

The next day...
    Catelyn: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU MARRIED HER?! You met her yesterday...in the afternoon, no less!"
    Robb: "But how could I carry the guilt?"
    Catelyn: "Robb...it was a massage."
    Robb: "Isn't that how it works?"
    Catelyn: "No Robb..." She whispers in his ear.
    Robb: "By the gods, that's how it works? This whole time?! That explains so MUCH! I'm learning so much today! Anya's going to be so excited!"
    Catelyn, trying to supress her rage: "So what's her last name...I need it for the anullment papers."
    Robb: "Arryn, of course. Anya Arryn."
    Catelyn: "Wait...it was Anya ARRYN? Not Royce? You mean, the daughter of Harry the Heir? By the gods, this is the sort of mistake that will win us the war!"
    Robb looks rather ruffled by the comment, but is overjoyed as he peices everything together in his head.

And so Anya Arryn Stark was Queen of the North. Useful, rationale, and considered admirable, she ruled by his side (according to the Box of all Holy Wisdom), and the Arryns were cemented to the Starks , joining their federation and spurning the Iron Throne. However, Lysa managed to quietly throw the attack treaties out the moon gate, quietly slipping out of declaring war.

As Robb returned to Casterly Rock with his new wife, he looked to the sky, as a dark cloud crept from the North. As the portcullis shuttered open, Robb felt a small chill as a snowflake melted upon his skin. As the tiny white specks drifted to the ground, Robb knew that his father was right all along.
    Winter had Come.
    Last edited by Timur Amir; October 01, 2011 at 06:40 PM.

Default Re: Absurdity is Coming

Meanwhile, beyond the Wall...
    Will: "Get down...something's wrong"
    Ser Waymar, laughing: "Well, it seems your dead men have moved camp, Will. On your feet, Will. There's no one here. I won't have you hiding under a bush. I am not going back to Castle Black a failure on my first ranging. We WILL find these men. Now up the tree, be quick about it. Look for a fire."
    Will gets up, and prepares to climb the tree, when suddenly an ominous sound neither of their ears had ever heard before filled the air... a strange, synthetic background note, beating in a strange, high-pitched tune.
    Ser Waymar: "Who goes there?!"
    Claps begin to join in with the beat, seemingly out of nowhere.
    Waymar: "Will, what is going on? Answer me! Why is it so cold?!"
    Suddenly, an orange-clad figure with black hair, dark but pale skin, and blue eyes burst forth from the snow.
    Will wanted to scream, but the sound froze in his throat. From Waymar's reaction, he seemed to feel the same.
    Wight: "It's close to midniight, and something evil's lurking in the dark.
    Under the moonlight, you see a sight that almost stops your heart.
    You try to screeam, but terror takes the sound before you make it.
    You start to freeze, as horror looks you right between the eyes...You're paralyzed!"
    Suddenly more undead burst from the snow behind the singing wight. The orange-clad one begins to make some strange movements, closely mimicked by the others. In the dark, a black hand turns the volume up, and the white walker with the sunglasses nods his head to the beat, still hidden in shadow.
    Wight:"'Cause this is thriller! Thriller Night!
    And no one's gonna save you from the wights about to strike
    You know it's thriller, Thriller night
    You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller Long Niiiiight."
    More wights stumble from the shadows to join their ensemble.
    Wight: "You hear the gate slam, and realize their's nowhere left to run.
    You feel a cold hand, and wonder if you'll ever see the sun
    You close your eyes, and hope this is just your imagination
    But all the while, you feel the walker creep up behind...
    Your outta TIME!"
    Will, to Waymar: "Just let them do it...and back away...slowly...real slowly"
    Wight: "Because it's thriller, thriller night
    There ain't no second chance against the thing with a hundred eyes, boy
    You know it's thriller, Thriller night
    You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller Long Niiiiight!
    Night creatures crawl in
    the dead start to walk in their masquerade
    There's no escapin' the blades of the Others this time (they're out for thine!)
    This is the end of your life!"
    Will: "Make sure you keep eyes on it...just let them do their thing."
    Wight: "They're out to get you, the Others closing in on every side,
    They will destroy you, unless you change the metal of your blade
    Now is the time...for you and I to cuddle close together
    All through the night, I'll give you to the terror from the scene
    I'll make you see...That its a Thriller!!"
    Waymar: "Wait what?"
    Will: "Just nod and smile, boy, nod and smile."
    Wight: "'Cause I can thrill you more than any ghost of Harrenhall, yeah,
    Boys this is thriller, thriller night
    So let us hold you tight and share this diller, chiller, killer,
    Thriller Looonnngg niiiighhht! yeaow!"
    An Other, in a suit looking ominous: "Darkness falls across the land,
    The Long Night time is close at hand
    Creatures crawl in search of blood
    to terrorize y'alls neighborhood
    And whosever shall be found without a soul for getting down
    Must stand and face the spiders of hell
    And rot inside a corpse's shell
    The foulest smell is in the air; the funk of 40,000 years
    And grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom
    And though you fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver, for no mere mortal can resist the evil of the Thriller...HAHHHAAHHHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
    Other in the sunglasses: "Cut, cut, that was PERFECT! You guys really outdo yourselves! Everyone, a round of applause for another great performance! Now let's go celebrate."
    Second Other in suit: "But what of those watchmen? Wait, where did they go?"
    Other w/ glasses: "Oh Fred, why do you have to be such a downer?"
    Fred: "Corporal Jim, how will we ever win the war if we have to sing like this every time?!"
    Jim: "Well, in my eyes, with such a great performance, aren't the ones that leave early the real losers?"
    Fred: "Oh I give up."

Petyr: "And this week has been a very busy one, so let's go to the International Segment! It would appear that just yesterday, Edmure Tully marched with a large force and seized the Banefort, killing Balon Greyjoy, Euron Greyjoy, and Theon Grejoy. Having just retaken Riverrun, Edmure had just received word that Euron had dressed up in a fish costume and made some very insulting comments; Edmure then released this statement "No man may ever replace mine nuncle, and for this scurvy dog to try and shiver his timbers all over the Blackfishe's memory is unacceptable. He had no right to put on such an act, as that was Brynden's job!". This turn in events has shown a sudden resurgence in Tully power, as the Lannisters and Ironmen are expelled from their territory, so it is important to note that this fish has yet to be fried. In Eastern news, the Tyrells have been beaten from the Crownlands once again. Anyways, now to Illyrio with the weather!"
    Illyrio: "Well, winter has come now to Westeros, and we are seeing snow and blizzards ranging down from Karhold to Rosby. In the North, there is a 10% chance of supernatural invasion, with a 7% chance of walking dead. Now to Varys with the Celebrity Corner."
    Varys: "In pop culture news, many fans are mourning for Balon, Euron, and Theon Greyjoy today, and the end to a long line of famous family friendly classics. Spend a moment for Balon, writer of 'The Old Ways: Why Sow?' and writer of one-hit single 'I'm Feelin' Rebellious Tonight'. Let's also remember Theon, who acted in such peices as 'My Turncloak and I', 'Making the Eight', and 'Why does Reek have to rhyme with so many words?!'. And one final moment for Euron, that pirate who's whily antics have made us laugh, cry, cheer, and burn prostitutes on a flaming boat. Well, that's all for today, next is the View with Myrcella and Sandor on their new wedding."
    A jungle ensues as the commercial for Krakenbits plays.
    Sansa: "Hello everybody, and welcome to the View, and give a good applause for my co-host and wardrobe manager, Shae."
    Sandor: "Or perhaps you'd like to bugger the applause and bugger the show, and let me eat something."
    Myrcella, chuckling nervously: "Oh you"
    Shae: "He's right; let's get right down to the juicy bits. Now, Myrcella, what does it feel like to be engaged with someone with such a vulgar history, and one suspected of having an affair with the host no less!"
    Sansa: "How could you say such things?!"
    Shae: "Well, I AM a whore."
    Sansa: "You are no true whore!"
    Sandor: "Does this mean I can leave?"
    Myrcella: "I don't know...I'm so confused."
    Shae: "Not until you answer my question...or perhaps another."
    Sandor: "And that is?"
    Shae: "Is it true that you have run away multiple times out of a heartbreaking fear of fire?"
    Sandor: "Of course not, I'm not that weak..."
    Suddenly a crash ensues as rabid Sansans rush in, knocking a torch over and setting a machine ablaze. Sandor immediately hides behind his chair, attempting to crawl under it.
    Sansa: "And that's all for now, due to technical difficulties, so I'm sorry we can't have the 'singing with the flock' segment today. See you next week!"

Meanwhile, at Casterly Rock, Robb talks quietly with a hooded man in the snow.
    Robb: "So you understand the mission?"
    Assassin: "Do you? You understand that this child's blood will be on your hands when this is over?"
    Robb: "Even if he retains the title 'Innocent' he cannot surely still be a child now. He has won countless battles over Renly, Stannis, and Loras, carving a bloody swath through the Crownsland. He has toppled armies, shattered foes...I doubt he's any more innocent than Bolton at this point."
    Assassin: "Very well then. But remember what this is."
    Robb: "Of course. My father always killed his enemies himself, with his greatsword, Ice, just for that purpose. He might never have allowed such an act, but at a time like this, two dead bastards could win a war and save thousands."
    Assassin: "Whatever you tell yourself, your grace."

Meanwhile, in Kings Landing, Tommen reads a letter aloud.
    Tommen: "I'm sorry? I wonder what he's sorry for, Maester Pycelle?"
    Pycelle: "Oh, don't worry, it's probably just misnamed. Nothing to bother yourself with. In any case, there is a far more pressing matter at hand; the King wants you to lead your force out to chase Redwyne's routed force from the land by the morrow, and the men already are preparing to leave as we speak."
    Tommen nods and hurriedly rushes to have one final play session with Ser Pounce. After playing with his kittens for some time, he opens his cabinet to get some treats, but instead finds a note in it's stead.
    Tommen: "What? It says 'Your rewards lie in the Tower of the Hand. Valour Morgules, Valer Morghollos, Val- ' what do you think this means, Lady Whiskers? Oh, look at you, I just KNOW I have to go on my quest and save your treats! I'll be back, dear court!"
    Tommen gleefully prepares for his adventure as he ascends the stairs, running to the top of the tower. There, on the edge, lies his box of treats. He runs to pick them up, and notices a man standing behind him, his hair half red and half white.
    Tommen: "Who are you?"
    Jaquen: "One is honored by one's greetings...but life must pay for life, and this is a final debt due to a sorrowful friend."
    Tommen: "Do you need help with debts? I've got lots of gold I could give you, I'm sure Mr Baelish would let me, and my mom always says a Lannister Pays his Debts, but I think you should to since it's honorable, and debts can make people really nervous, so maybe I could-"

Meanwhile, 30 stories below...
    Chiswyck: "I've spent all of me life runnin' away from this prophecy, y'know...but I've been lucky, and all. Leavin' Harrenhall just right, living comfortably here, it's got me thinkin' that maybe I shouln't have ever been afraid. Some crazy sod about red and white and towers and wolves anyways, never made no sens-"
    Chiswyck stops as he hears the sound of shouting above and a shadow appears over him. He discerns the shapes of a boy...and a large stone block, both hurtling right towards him.

Later, at King's Landing, a council of Lions is called.
    Joff: "So you expect me to just sit here? I want heads, Varys, HEADS!"
    Varys: "I understand that, your grace, but I-"
    suddenly Cersei bursts in with a letter.
    Joff: "Mother! Varys and I were just talking about repaying Tommen's blood with gallons of theirs; we'll find them, and show the city the truth of traitors!"
    Cersei: "That's not important right now; the wolves are here!"
    Joff: "WHAT? Where are the sluts?!"
    Varys: "What an odd choice in curse words..."
    Sandor: "I taught him proud, Varys."
    Cersei: "QUIET all of you! They've taken Rosby! We have to stop them! Quickly, to arms, everyone. the wolves are at the gate!"
    Joff: "Well then, Varys, looks like I'll be getting my heads after all."

Later, at Harrenhall, Robb speaks again with the hooded figure.
    Robb: "Now, I know that this is a big mission, and you might not make it out alive, but if you do succeed, we can win this here and now."
    Assassin: "As you say, your grace. However, I do have a final question before I leave: why have taken up such indirect tools, when your father was so honourable, and while you claim to keep to his code, your chivalrous reputation crumbles. You are just, and you treat your smallfolk well, but that is hardly the same as true honor."
    Robb: "Grand hopes and ideologies are necessary in summer squabbles, but look around you. Winter has come, and thousands starve. This war needs to end, and this mad king's death will do it. After watching so many die, and as I see families ripped apart and think of Anya, I think perhaps I was wrong before. Well, no matter, it will all be over and done with right now. Now go, before I change my mind."
    The shadowy figure dissapeared into the frozen night, heading for the Crownlands.

A few days later, in King's Landing, in the court of the king...
    Joffrey: "Two men, saying the other called me by the vile name...Joffrey 'the Gambler', as if I was somehow less for it...now, how shall I sort you? I know just what to do; Guards! Fetch these men daggers. No, not too long, I don't want this over quickly. Now, see, you have your trial, trial by combat! And who better to preside than the king himself? As for the choice of champions, I have a few straw knights left from Tommen's training, would you like to be championed by one of those bravest of knights?"
    Cersei: "Is this wise to dally over straw knights and foolish name-callings, when we should be communicating with Godry Sunglass in retaking Rosby? That castle is a looming threat, and yet you sit here?!"
    Joffrey: "If you're going to be so very worried mother, I'll get on with the others now, for your sake. Guards! Bring me both their heads, they both lost today, and call in the next bunch."
    Varys: "This next bunch carries a gift from faraway Qarth, your grace, quite a great distance indeed."
    A lavishly dressed Eastern merchant carries in a jeweled box of heavy wood.
    Joffrey: "I always love presents. Is this perhaps an early one for the Winter's Feast? How kind of you."
    Merchant: "It's all this one could bring...I'm sorry, your grace." He hands him the box.
    Joffrey: "You needn't be sorry, I'm sure that.....seven hells, what is that?!"
    A manticore flies from the box, landing on his chest, as the Kingsguard pursues the Sorrowful Man down the hall.
    Joffrey: "By the gods...this is the most adorable thing I've ever seen! I don't see whats all this fuss, I mean, look at it's widdle eyes."
    He scratches the bugs head, as the assassin begins climbing the walls to escape the Red Keep.
    Joffrey: "I'll name you...Tywin Junior. I'm sure he'd love to see his namesake, yes he would! Oh yes he would...oh, mother, do you think I can teach him tricks? Someone fetch me some Manticore treats or there will be blood to pay!"
    The assassin slips over and gracefully descends to the ground. He dodges arrows as he sprints into the streets and confusion of Kings Landing, mixing into the crowd and tearing off his garb, resuming his inconspicious appearance. He slips into a bar, ordering a drink, and sighing as he ponders why he hadn't thought this might happen. Out of the shadows, the eunuch slips in. The assassin spots him as he draws close.
    Assassin: "You’re not supposed to be here. No one’s supposed to be here."
    Varys: "Seize him."
    The entire bar rushes in and grabs him, pinning him to the floor.
    Varys: "You really think you can just escape that easily? I know this town too well, I'm afraid."
    Assassin: "So I suppose it ends. I have one final question: Was everyone in this bar truly yours? How did you know?"
    Varys: "Oh, I'm afraid not, only Beth, Greg, Martyn, Carlyle, Phil, and Pinky. Bob, Linda, Cramper, Garyld, Willas, Pontaine, and Lysa are Petyrs. And Fred over there is Cersei's. Only the goat outside is free of allegiance her- oh, wait, sorry, Janos got that one...so, no one here is actually his own man, just like most of the city. You must be new here, I see."

Meanwhile, at Rosby...
    Cassel: "The battle comes today...you can smell it in the air, see it in the enemy camp. Fetch me the personal description of good ser Godry Sunglass; it would be preferable if we might find anything last minute to use against him."
    He is handed the scroll, and begins to read.
    Cassel: "Wait, wait, wait...it says here 'afraid of the Danish'. Who are the Danish? What, is he afraid of the bloody pastry?! When would he ever fight against a pastry? Who wrote this damn report?!"
    Steward: "M'lord, we have no time, the enemy are beginning to form up."
    Cassel: "Fine then, but just in case, prepare as many of these pastries as you can in the bakery. It might be useful."
    Cassel then got on his armor, and began down the stairs to his dappled charger. Today is not the day he would die, he thought (after suddenly realizing how to make the perfect lizard-lion stew).
    However, he was well aware that many others would, and paint the fresh-fallen snow red with blood and gore.

The men watched from above, as the columns of men in red-and-gold, mostly gold cloaks but led by a Lannister vanguard, marched upwards to the castle, pulverizing the snow under hundreds of steel-clad feet. The host divided immediately, as spearmen carrying ladders branched off to assault the wall at a myriad of places. There was a notable lack of swordsmen; the last of Rosby's troops had been crushed by the Highgarden armies, so the forces had no choice but to rely on spearmen and cavalry. Godry Sunglass felt confident nonetheless; he had a slight numerical advantage, and his men were on home ground.

However, as breach after breach was thrown back, as the Stark swordsmen cut through the isolated and fearful groups of gold cloaks, the men were growing less hearty. There was not any heavy cavalry to dash apart the gate defense, nor heavy infantry to take to the walls. As his army was sapped, and his men butchered, Godry raised his lance in one final charge, sending him into the wall of spears, sword raised, and promplty left him knocked onto the cold ground, cushioned by the corpses of his men, his head pounding with the sound of his own forces fleeing for their lives. As he saw spears pointed at him all around, he raised his hands in surrender. Rosby had held, and not even cracked under his strain.

Godry found himself abandoned by his king after Joffrey refused to pay for his return. He sadly committed suicide after finding his cell covered in bready pastries as part of Cassel's lighthearted practical jokes.

Meanwhile, at King's Landing...
    Tyrion: "Oh you really have got to be joking."
    Joffrey: "I told you! I so told you it was true!"
    Tyrion: "I'm gone for five seconds, I WAS GONE JUST A FEW MONTHS and look at this mess! I mean, come one, your brother is dead, Rosby is lost, there are dead people everywhere, and why won't this damnable priest let me in the gates?!"
    Petyr: "You remember all that 'dissapearing army' bussiness, right?"
    Tyrion: "Of course I do, it killed my brother and the only family member who actually doesn't want to kill me, why would I not?"
    Petyr: "Well, those armies had to go somewhere..."
    Tyrion: "Well, what are we going to do now?!"
    Cersei: "The only way to settle this without leaving ourselves brutally vulnerable is to give in to his demands."
    Tyrion: "Oh you can't be serious. Have you even listened to his demands? They're the most ridiculous things I've heard yet! And this war has been pretty damn ridiculous so far, let me tell you..."
    Petyr: "That's right. We're going ahead with it. A massive celebration of love in mankind, of sharing, of kindness, of ridiculous gluttony during a period of starvation...a Winter's Feast celebration like no other."
    Tyrion: "It's not the feast that's ridiculous it's-"
    Petyr: "I know. It's the guests. And we are not allowed to betray them, what a pity."

Meanwhile, beyond the Walll...far beyond the Wall, actually...
    Jim: "General, I'm confident that this will be the most lengthy and pointless tangent yet; how can we not take part?!"
    General McThulhu: "Oh, I'm sure we'll get sucked into it somehow, we always do. Now, get those wights out and ready to defend that Wall! Since SOMEONE didn't get around to taking the First One, now all we have is the third and second, not to mention here at the fourth. We HAVE to hold, or unknown chaos will ravage the land; enough gets through all ready. It's just been pirates lately, but we have a much greater menace gathering at the moment, we need every cold body we can out there fighting the good fight. Now go to it!"
    In a dark room not too far away...
    Ned: "Hello? Who's there? What's going on, why is it so cold? I thought I was dead, what's going on?!"
    Robert: "Don't worry Ned, it's okay. Just calm down. Viserys, go get a light or something, Ned's night vision's taking a bit."
    Ned: "Robert?! But who, how what when?"
    A light peirces his eyes as Viserys accidentally lights himself aflame trying to start a fire.
    Viserys: "The dragon does not burn, the dragon does not burn, oh god, the dragon does burn, the dragon does burn, why does this keep happening?!!!"
    Robert: "Oh looks like they used plenty of ducktape on you...what, you get beheaded? Well, that'll be a funny story, but you need to get up and ready, old Coldhands is preparing another sortie; apparently peppermint is somewhat like dragonglass, so they need us blighters to do the brunt of the fighting this time."
    Ned: "Peppermint? But, you're dead, I'm dead...I'm so confused, Robert."
    Robert: "Oh, you'll get used to it."

And so begins A Game of Thrones Christmas Special.

A Song of Holly and Mistletoe

Varys: "So hello ladies and gentlemen, lords and smallfolk, as we prepare here on Westeros Today for the main event of the season; the Winter's Feast, a momentary truce of all Kingdoms as anybody who's anybody gathers here at Kings Landing, the Big K, for a massive festival and feasting. We'll be seeing people from all 8 regions of Westeros soon enough, and all the big celebrities from Victarion to Robb to Cersei to Tywin, even Stannis and Renly! And, at this moment, we have Petyr with Tyrion Lannister, who is in charge of the King's Landing Decoration Committee."
    Petyr: "Now, Tyrion, who exactly is hosting this party? You? Your father, nephew, sister?"
    Tyrion: "Actually, that would be the famous wandering septon known as 'The Sparrow', although this is the first time in years he has actually advocated spending and feasting. Of course, the desire for peace is overwhelming, so I can see where he is coming from."
    Petyr: "Good, good, now tell me, exactly what is the King's preparations for this event?"
    Tyrion: "Well, determing that would be my job, actually, and I for one think we are doing a stupendous job. We hope to have candles lining the streets, figs, ice sculptures, a noticeable lack of murder."
    Petyr: "All very admirable choices, very fitting. Now, let me ask you, how does the King plan to treat these enemies with respect and kindness on this sacred day?"
    Tyrion: "You will notice that the Royal Grandfather, Tywin, will be administering the traditional Winter's Feast mouth-of-duct-tape, a very ancient ritual I assure you, and this ancient custom has been shown to greatly reduce conflict over dinner, especially for our glorious ruler."
    Petyr: "I'm sure it'll be all the rage in an instant, after the feast. Now, we're out of time, next we will be having a very special program of the view discussing these new events, right after the break!"

A few weeks later, Robb stumbles into the Red Keep, weary from battle.
    Robb: "Oh gods, how do people manage it? The paparazzis here are vicious!"
    Roose: "As to be expected; have you seen the news coverage on it? Every hip peasant with a copper to his name is here. Not to mention the fact that you and Anya have been rather reclusive, and the marriage is pretty new; everyone wants a good photo...or even better, a scandalous one."
    Anya: "Enough of this talk, let's sit down and enjoy the evening; they'd have better chances of seeing Robert raised from the grave then they would a scandalous Stark. Anyways, once Edmure arrives, they won't be thinking twice on it."
    Umber: "Poor lad, they'll rip him apart if he stops to answer a question, from what I saw of the crowd"
    Cassel: "Well, it's to be expected; when you break a marraige contract to some Frey and run away with a Westerling girl, you're asking for publicity."
    Anya: "At least he's as far from the Twins as possible; only blood can come of this."
    Cassel: "Of course not! The Freys would never be so bold, and certainly never break guest rights. It's unimaginable."
    Umber: "Enough of this silly banter; There's Renly! Come on, we can make this night a real party!"
    Robb: "Okay, we'll split up, but first a few ground rules for you. Okay, first, Roose, no conning drunkards. We don't need to wrong any guests, no matter how much they deserve it. Second, Umber, please try and stay at least a tiny bit decent. Cassel, please do me one favor and find Karstark, preferably keeping him away from...well...anything of importance. And lastly, Anya, please don't let Littlefinger get too close. Okay, we all clear? TEAM DIREWOLF GO!"
    Roose shrugs and leaves, Umber begins howling, Cassel nods and sets off, and Anya giggles, embarrased.

Robb, with Anya at his side, sets off into the mix, but soon things begin to blur as wine, eggnog, and brandy are all passed around, and even a few bowls of punch Cassel never got around to pouring out the window. The minutes blur into hours as time is only marked by scattered memories, moments remembered well, noticeable fragments of the mosh. The Hound jumping on the table to do karaoke with Umber, singing loudly as his new wife Myrcella cowed in embarrassment. Renly leaping into the air in triumph as the dancing champion. Loras, Sansa, Maergary, and Oberyn all huddled in a circle, giggling excitedly. Renly arranging the mistletoe above him in a corridor as he leaned against a wall. Him and Loras getting back together. Him and Loras breaking up. But it wasn't until Anya nudged his shoulder that he noticed something rather odd.
    Anya: "Robb...ROBB...something's a little weird here. I've noticed that we haven't seen Roose Bolton since that first punch bowl got past Cassel. Not at ALL."
    Robb: "You know what? You're right...but how do we track him down? The Red Keep is hardly small and- wait, Grey Wind, get back here! He's going up the Tower of the Hand, it'll only be a second..."
    Robb chases after his wolf, going up the stairs as his pet flies up the staircase, even dropping the turkey it was devouring. But as he hears hushed voices, he slows down and quietly creeps up the remaining steps.
    He discerns one of them as Roose, and the other is vaguely familiar.
    Roose: "I can't leave now. We'll both die, and as much as I'd do it in a heartbeat, I'd rather us both alive to ripe old ages."
    ???: "But we can manage together. You know I can't simply abandon my place."
    Roose: "But you can, you have to. Its a deathtrap you don't need to get involved in. I know it sounds like I'm not on your side, but you have to listen to reason."
    ???: "Sometimes you sound like you mean to rob me of my birthright, Bolton."
    Roose: "I mean to save your life. In the future, anything is possible, and with me you can see much of what you lost back in your hands...but first you must live. You know I hold your life as the most important thing to me."
    There was silence, and, as Robb drew closer, he suddenly fell down the stairs, half-blinded by what he saw.
    Robb: "Oh god, Grey Wind, why did you do this to me...how will I ever unsee that?!"
    Greywind, in Wolf: "You asked for it."
    Roose: "WHAT?! Who's there?!"
    Robb scurried away, suspicious but deciding to forget what he saw. He returned to the feast, preferring to return Edmure's rants, Victarion's fishing stories, and something Renly was talking about involving a sheep and a lobster. He and Anya wandered near-unconcious to their guest rooms as the party died, stepping over sleeping guests as they went, the air filled only with Oberyn's 'THE RED VIPER NEEDS NO SLEEP, HIISSSSSS', and Umber's drunken mutterrings with Renly.

A Crownsland Carrol

That night, in the King's Bedroom, Joffrey grumpily sits upon his bed, angry as he feels where the duct-tape had been just pried off. He thinks of happy plannings for the next few days: perhaps that wolf would dissapear, heh, or Maerary might finally find someone man enough to consumate her marraige for her. Maybe he would poison that oaf, Mace Tyrell, or Stannis...what could happen to Stannis? Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by a voice. Joffrey panics as he looks up to see a floating transparent Tommen, surrounded by floating transparent kittens.
    Joffrey: "What is it? Tommen?! Dear little Tommen, what would you have of me? Why are you here, is this just my imagination?! This must be the wine, surely, it must be th-"
    Tommen: "Joffrey. You have made some poor decisions in your reeeeiiiiignnn"
    Joff: "You were always a jealous lying brat, Tommen, and I suppose you still must b-"
    Tommen: "You will be visited by three more ghosts of Lannister rule...oooohhh"
    Joffrey: "I have so not made mistakes, only a traitor would say so. SER ILYYYYN SERILLYYYN!"
    Tommen: "Oooohhh, 3 ghosts, big brother."
    Ser Ilyn bursts in, longsword in hand.
    Joffrey: "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"
    Tommen: "Oooooohhh that doesn't work oooohhhh I'm kinda already dead"
    Joffrey: "Ser Ilyn, if you don't give me that little ghosty head I will- oh. He's gone. Never mind then, go back to bed."
    Ser Ilyn leaves (still clad in pajamas, of course)
    Lann the Clever: "OOOOhhhhh Joffrey, I have come to show you the rule of Lannister Past! You must see for yourself just what the lion's power is all about. Now take my hand, Joffrey."
    Joffrey: "Mother said if I ever have someone say that last sentence to me I should stab them in the eye and run away...but you're too high to stab, so...SER ILYN, SER ILYN"
    Lann: "That won't work any better on me than Tommen, now come with me."
    Joff: "Well, you don't know for sure until you try."
    Lann: "Come with me or I drag you to hell with me, am I clear?"
    They dissapear in a flash of light, and Ser Ilyn grumbles. They shortly re-appear.
    Lann: "So what did you learn from our adventure, my progeny?"
    Joffrey: "Only that all flitty old ghosts think themselves so arrogant they might even be traitors, and that I need a stepping stool and a longer knife."
    Lann: "And my night is wasted yet again. Have fun being on the headsman's block, kid."
    Joff: "Okay, he's gone now, you can go back to bed, Ilyn."
    Ilyn grumbles as he drags his sword back out of the room.
    Kevan: "JOFFREY! I am the ghost of Lannister present!"
    Joff: "Stupid uncle, you can't be the present ghost; you're dead, so that makes you past."
    Kevan: "It's close enough. Now, I can take you on another journey, as to see how to truly run a kingdom in modern times."
    Joff: "ILYN! MORE GHOSTS!"
    As Ilyn arrives, Kevan is already gone, having quickly given up.
    Joff: "You can go back now, Ilyn."
    Ilyn just sits down in a chair, waiting. And rightly so, as soon a ghostly Robotic Lion appears, complete with Tywin Lannister's brain.
    Lion/Tywin: "You know the drill. Now hop on my back before I incinerate you."
    Joff: "I like this ghost! See you soon Ilyn."
    Ilyn just grumbles and walks back to bed, fully aware that Joffrey will soon discover his absence, with 'hilarious consequences'.
    Of course, Joffrey learned little from his miracle that night. However, he soon became obsessed with phrases such as 'cyborg army', 'satellite-mounted artillery', 'electro-torture', 'fireboarding', and 'Battle Cougars'. Only the last of that list ever came into fruition as a military project.

That morning....
    Varys: "And now back to our Feast Segment, and to our latest celebrity news. Just in, we have our first conflict of the day! According to inside sources, Stannis of Dragonstone has nearly stormed out in outrage, after he awoke with a horrid hangover and inside a lobster suit. After 'King' Renly had several sketches and even a ballad produced by his retinue while Stannis was asleep, and refused to hand them over, Stannis nearly burned his brother alive, until Davos intervenes. Rh'llorians all over Westeros are burning efigies of the pretender after Melisandre announced "Only the Great Other would stealthily seek to undermine the Promised Prince with a lobster costume".
    Petyr: "We'll make sure to keep you updated on any more feastly news as the day continues, with only the best coverage here at Westeros Today. Stay tuned!"

Meanwhile, on the Fourth Wall...
    Ned: "So, Robert, why are here? I'm still confused!"
    Robert: "Ned, Ned, I'm not all too sure myself, but basically we need to go out and kill all the little men with pointy ears and colorful clothing."
    Ned: "But why? These are the OTHERS, Robert, not employers with insurance plans and overtime bonuses!"
    Robert: "Seven hells, Ned, it's a chance to bash in some heads, and, according to that black-handed guy, we are saving the planet from being flooded by twisted genre-hopping devils, if it makes you feel any better."
    Coldhands, stepping from the shadows: "Also, for your information, Private Eddard, we actually had Brandon sign the insurance forms for you, and we DO have overtime bonuses."
    Robert: "He's telling the truth, Ned, I made some good cash last run. Spent it all on wine and women the next night of course. But let me tell you, while it takes some time getting used to the cold touch, they have experience...well, of course, they were born before our grandmothers, but with the chilliness here nobody seems to have aged a day! It's perfect; wine, women, fighting, no taxes, no Cersei, and now you! I swear, we should have moved here AGES ago!"
    Coldhands: "Also, we are doing some tests on the psychological effects of beheading, so if you'd like to spend a little time for a good cause-"
    Ned: "No thanks, but I appreciate the offer."
    Coldhands: "There are cookies involved."
    Robert: "Can I do it?"
    Ned: "I'm sorry, but the answer is still no. Come along, Robert, we have a battle to fight."

A little later, at King's Landing, the Red Keep has settled down again as everyone rests in preparation for that night's party.
    Anya: "You need to tell me what you saw."
    Robb: "Roose was blocking out their face, and all the lighting was bad. However, I noticed a good bit of red clothing, so whoever it is must be Lannister or Tully...anyways, Anya, let's not get into it. I don't want to remember any more of it than I need to."
    Anya: "But I'm sure if you just remember a little harder, you can figure it out!"
    Robb: "I don't want to remember it, and I won't have to. It's not important. Hell, even the voices were so whispered and I was so drunk, I can't recall even the gender! In fact, it was probably just a dream, just a strange, twisted vision of the imagination. Nothing to be worried about."
    Anya: "At least stay by him today. He's a powerful bannerman, and holds the East Riverlands, not to mention a chunk of the North. We can't afford to lose him to the enemy."
    They walked through the halls, searching out the man in pink. They eventually found him, tapping on a stone block, and face first leaning against a wall.
    Roose: "I can't get it to open! I'm trying, it just...maybe it's broken. Oh well, we'll try again later, just remember to get back before the feast or they'll notice your absence. Just remember to get it working again before the end of the night."
    Robb: "I don't recall ordering you to batter through the walls, might as well with your head. Or mayhaps you just sought to whisper it into submission?"
    Roose: "Is it modern fashion for kings to be so childish? Or mayhaps you sought to imitate good King Joffrey?"
    Robb: "Of course, how waspish of me; must be the alcohol's vengeance hasn't worn off yet. Come, sit with me, lunch is nearly ready."

How the Baratheon Stole Brought Christmas
    Robert and Ned dove into battle with hammer and greatsword in hand, hacking and slashing as thousands upon thousands of Christmas-themed monstrosities scaled the Icy Wall. Cold steel smashed through peppermint as time and time again, the wights repelled their swarming foes from the Wall, but they kept coming, and coming. And then men began to run and others ducked and others stood stupidly, staring into the sky...as frothing elk, lowering their sharpened antlers, pulled a wooden sleigh through the sky, with little men tossing pots of wilfyre from bags, sending them onto the defender's heads. A few well placed arrows and it began to lose it's balance and crash to the ground, but soon there were more, and the white sky was filled with falling lights and dead animals. Ned and Robert were pushed back so far, they were defending the entrance to the barracks when a sleigh crashed in front of them, crashing 4 of it's own reindeer before Robert smashed the fifth (bad omens, very bad omens).
    Robert: "I just had an idea...what an idea...a wonderful idea...a wonderful awful idea."
    Ned: "Oh gods, what is it now?"
    Robert: "I'll dress all in furs, the best ones I own,
    and not before long to Westeros we'll have flown
    Now put on these antler, this task is quite key
    and perhaps hold this candle so I may yet see."
    Ned: "No. No. No."
    Robert: "Don't screw with my rhythm, Ned, it makes it less impressive! Now come on, I wore antlers for some time, it's very impressive!"
    Ned: "For the last time, NO"
    Robert: "Fine, if my friend is too vain to wear antlers
    then perhaps wearing green will solve all the answers!"
    Ned: "If it makes you shut up, sure, I'll imitate our enemies. But why?"
    Robert: "It'll confuse any others we run into."
    Ned: "You're not going to rhyme that?"
    Robert: "Just get on the clothes while I try to get these elk back to life."
    As Ned ran in and scrambled to get on some green clothes before reinforcements from either side arrived, Robert discovered that indeed the strategy of 'poking it with a hammer' does accelerate wightage. Ned also grabbed a few of Robert's heaviest clothes while he went in; why not travel in comfort?
    Ned: "Really? Red? What sort of coloring is THAT?"
    Robert: "Oh shut up, Ned, my wife gave it to me, and you know how she is with colors; either green, gold, o r red, never anything bloody fashionable. But it will have to do; getting back to our kingdoms will be a long ride."
    Ned: "I thought you said being here was what you'd always wanted?"
    Robert: "Ned, it's cold, I'm rhyming for no apparent reason, and I want to see some old friends. Why not take a little trip home, just for a moment?"
    And so they stuffed their belongings, for safekeeping, in the empty sack in the sleigh and set off for Westeros. By the time they soared over Moat Cailin, night was already well in, and the partying had begun once more in King's Landing. Learning from a number of ravens that kept getting stuck in the undead antlers that the entirety of their families and friends were in the capitol, they set there post-haste. As they flew down over King's Landing, people pointed, smallfolk gathered, and soon a mob had gathered in front of the Red Keep to view as the dead men landed. As the partiers crowded all around, and the smallfolk peered through the gate, a hushed state fell over the crowd.
    Robert: "Hello, good townspeople of King's Landing! I'm Robert, your late king, and this is my good assistant, Ned! We've come for the last night of the Feast, but not for long, for by day we must return."
    Gasps and and hushed muttering flew throughout the crowd.
    The Sparrow, bellowing over all other noise: "Have you come to bring us good harvest? A short winter? Blessings or curses?"
    Ned, cutting off Robert: "We come bearing no divine gifts but wisdom. The gifts of generosity, of kindness, of universal love and care on this special day, and the wisdom to see beyond the simple gluttonous pleasures of the day. You see, maybe the true spirit of the feast come without ribbons, comes without tags, comes without packages, boxes, or bags. What if this day doesn’t come from a store. What if The Feast, perhaps, means a little bit more."
    Robert, to Ned: "I was going to say 'party on', but it's clear you're out to outdo me..."
    Robert: "Yes, and, in this spirit, we have material gifts for all, to begin a tradition of generosity! Here, take these items and pass them to the smallfolk, Ned."
    Ned, to Robert: "But wait...we didn't own all this...how did you get this stuff?"
    Robert to Ned: "I nicked it from Coldhand's room, he left the door open. Teaches him for not giving me cookies."
    Random Peasant: "But what if they are bad? Simply not give them a present?"
    Robert: "Depends. If it's a child, simply tell them I'll give some more of this to them personally"
    Robert throws the last remaining wildfyre jar to the ground, as guards run to put it out.
    Robert: "Unless of course, you mean something else, in which I'd be plenty welcome to give all of 'em children to bear, and pers-"
    Ned: "he'll personally give them children as a metaphor for wildfyre. That's what he meant."
    Robert: "Damn it Ned..."
    Sparrow: "But, what can we do for you, to make your visit more comfortable? Generosity goes both ways."
    Robert: "Leave out ale and cookies. That'll do. And now it's time for us to-"
    Ned: "leave."
    Robert: "What?"
    Ned, to Robert: "It's Coldhands, look, he's coming out of that alleyway."
    Robert: "And how does he always follow us...errm...I mean, yes, our duty is done...uhh...hahahahoho?"
    They quickly get in the sleigh and fly back, trying to look like they didn't have a furious undead monster of horror barrelling through the crowd to get at them.
    And so Christmas was...well...as close to invented as possible for two zombies of a drunkard and a man held together with duct tape. But there were two guests who were absent from the astonishing visit, and notably absent for the rest of the festivities.
    Anya: "I feel like we're forgetting something very important...it's very unsettling."
    Robb: "Oh, yeah, Littlefinger stares do that at first, but you get used to them."

The next morning, Robb awoke, ready to return to Casterly Rock now that the festival was over. An hour later, and he was running towards the main keep, until he spots Umber leaving from the breakfast hall.
    Robb: "GreatJon! Over here! UMBER!"
    Umber: "What's the problem, lad? Need some good ol' Umber advice? Don't listen to no one else, or you'll find it far too womanly. 'Only the Umbers are man enough to give advice to a Stark', it's what my father said and my father was always right, let me tell you. One time we were out in the woods huntin', old Manderly tried to say that the doe we were chasin' had gone South, but my father, a true Umber, knew better than to follow the tracks, and instead went by scent, and can you guess who was right?"
    Robb: "That's great, Umber, but I'm afraid the occasion is urgent."
    Umber: "Get on with it, then."
    Robb: "The problem is that everyone's gone for some reason...gone and left without a word. Anya was gone when I woke up, and when I went looking for her, I couldn't find Catelyn, Roose, or Cassel. Or the horses. I think they've gone, but why would they leave without a note? I'm afraid something's wrong, Umber, and I need you to rally the nobles left here, and go after them with me."
    Umber: "Anything for the KING IN THE NORTH."
    A number of drunken bannermen inside the hall, hungover badly: "The KING...bleh... in the north..."

Meanwhile, in the outer area of the Riverlands, a small force of no more than 50 riders gallops at full speed. Two women, one younger in a party dress of blue, white, and grey, and one older one in a modest white and grey outfit, led the group with an old man with white hair, shining armor and fierce eyes.
    Anya: "Do you think we'll make it in time? If HE gets to Harrenhall, than..."
    Catelyn: "They left under the cover of stealth and had to pass through security at King's Landing, so that's a major time sink. They also must ride under stealth and don't know they're being followed, which gives us some serious advantages."
    Cassel: "But if they're under the cover of stealth, m'lady, how will we find them?"
    Anya: "Rodrick, for the last time, we're simply going to their destination. We won't have to find them."
    Cassel: "It hardly ensures their capture, though."
    Catelyn: "It does force them into the open, however, and denies them a force to operate with. If we can get to Harrenhall first, they won't have a chance to hole up, and Harrenhall is no easy place to beseige. Oh, and by the way, Anya, my thanks again for coming forward with this traitor's plot; you've saved us all a lot of grief."
    Anya: "Well, I had to tell someone, after all. And my lord husband was as oblivious as a block of stone after that party. He didn't even notice my leaving."
    Catelyn: "Oh, Ned was the same way. Too honourable to suspect or to be overbearing; Robb truly is his son."
    Cassel: "I know this place...we're getting close. Even after riding but a night, we've made amazing progress. We should stop and let the horses rest, unless you'd prefer to walk afoot."
    They dismounted, and sat down, as a guard started a fire and another led the horses to a stream.
    Anya: "So do you think it's treason? What he's done? I'm worried...perhaps I was too assuming."
    Cassel: "Running off with the enemy generally is, especially with this sort of stealth involved...it's treason all right, and I'd bet you he plans to betray us to the lions as we speak."
    Catelyn: "Treason or not, my son also needs to know about this. Such important secrets are not to be kept from the King, Roose knows that, and once we have him taken, we'll get his plans, one way or another."
    Cassel: "I hear shouting...get ready, this could be a Lannister raid."
    The men begin scrambling for their arms and horses, as the sound of many hooves grows louder over the ridge. A number of men riding zorses gallop over the ridge, but slow in pace as their leader, in horned helm, enters a trot.
    Cassel: "Vargo Hoat. I'm glad to see you're waving the direwolf banner...and yet, I see a Lannister one over there as well. Have you turned cloaks so much, sellsword, that you can't remember your employer?"
    Vargo: "We are ever tho loyal thervants of a thertain lord Bolton...who payth a good deal to watch for riders. Now I can of courth never have seen you...for a payment..."
    Catelyn: "I'm more than happy to hire you in my son's name, one moment"
    Cassel to Cat: "My lady, this is unacceptable; these are disgusting sellswords working for a traitor, how can you fling such filth onto our reputation."
    Catelyn to Cassel: "The sooner this is done, the fewer die in this war. Hopefully we can finish this at Harrenhall, maybe even the entire war. But first we have to get there. Now lets see, how shall I pay the goat off so he doesn't just turn around and hold me hostage?"
    From the ridge, there are shouts and a horn is blown as riders bearing the Direwolf and led by a man with a wolf helm and a snow white sword smash into the Bloody Mummer's flank, and confusion spreads through camp.
    Anya: "Is that him? Has Robb arrived?"
    Cassel: "My ladies, over here! To our horses, we can still get away!"
    Catelyn: "Hurry, no matter who it is we still have to get to Harrenhall as fast as possible! Bolton is probably still taking his time, if he stopped to hire mercenaries...now let's go!"

Some time later, in the South-East Riverlands, a company of riders bearing numerous flags and varied garment heads North...
    Robb: "Seven hells, are you really going to follow us all the way to Harrenhall?"
    Oberyn: "The Reeed Viper follows any man he pleases! Hissssssss" Oberyn begins hissing and making gestures suggesting a slithering snake.
    Renly: "Little Wolf, you know as well as I that this will be interesting; why would I miss out on such fun? Anyways, the GreatJon is excellent company....Jon, did you bring the popping kernels for the show?"
    Umber: "What's a confrontation without flavorful treats, that's the Umber way! Now, good twinklehorns, did you bring the Arbor gold?"
    Renly: "Only all of Casterly Rock!"
    Umber: "Now that's the spirit!"
    Oberyn: "I see the prancing man of prancing prancers is too busy getting himself drowned in alcohol than to think straight, as is usual."
    Renly: "I'd never thought the Red Viper was such a downer, did you Umbro?"
    Oberyn glares malevolently at Renly before turning his back to him.
    Robb, sighing: "Yes, how dramatic, but as it happens your outriders are returning and it would be best if we actually had an idea of what is going on."
    Renly, laughing: "Oh Little Wolf, the situation seems clear enough to me, if you just paid an ounce of attention at Feast, but I'll call in my men and hear what's going on."
    Renly calls over an outrider, who gallops over to the group, and begins his report.
    Outrider: "M'lords, we have spied a congregation of sellswords, mostly men of the Bloody Mummers, gathering at the shore o' the God's Eye. There were men bearing direwolves raiding their flanks, and a small mounted host is on the Northern side."
    Robb: "Probably bandits, but our combined retinues should take care of this, and perhaps we can wring news of my wife from them. My lords, gather your retinues and prepare for an attack."

Outside Harrenhall, a smaller force debates...
    Anya: "But do you think it'd come to that? The men are Northmen, there shouldn't be any trouble entering."
    Catelyn: "Nonetheless, we don't know what Bolton has prepared for us. In all the speed you can, ride to the Saltpans. We will need the Army of the Bridges as a last resort, and you are the only Arryn among us. Now, off with you, we don't have any more time!"
    Anya nods and gallops to the North-East, as Cassel and Catelyn ride to the gates. They are allowed entry, and invited to the keep by the castellan, with little seeming out of place.
    Catelyn: "So, we'll need you to bar the gates to him, even if he bares the Direwolf, at least not until we have spoken with him. We believe that there might be an imposter on the loose."
    Castellan: "Oh we'll be able to recognize a fake; there are no men like Bolton, only Bolton."
    Catelyn: "I really must insist..."
    Castellan: "Do you plan to lock out my leigelord from his own keep? Many of the men will refuse to disobey their lord, and I'm afraid I might have to say-"
    Cassel: "That you are must conflicted, I'm sure, but I'd like to remind you that the men within this room are Stark men, and much of the garrison is not only Bolton, but Manderlys, Freys, Fairmarketers and Harrenhall men. In this inner sanctum, we hold supreme and will not tolerate insolence to the King, and the outer layers hold little promise for rescue. Now will you consider the offer?"
    Castellan: "...yes, my lord, I will follow the orders of you, good ser and lady. However, I do warn you again that the outside is hardly so pliant..."
    Catelyn: "We will deal with traitors when the time comes, but right now let's deal with securing the castle."

Out on a forested hill overlooking
    Robb: "This is a pretty obvious trap; I say we just kill them here and now."
    Renly: "But is it honorable to strike a yeilding foe?"
    Robb: "They aren't yielding, they're just letting us in. I say it's a badly planned trap, why go with it? Anyways, just where are we supposed to go? We're on the shore of Eye, now what?"
    Roose, trotting down through the sellswords: "Well, hello your grace."
    Robb: "What is going on, Bolton? What is with the sellswords, the dissapearances? I've got a smaller force but a very well-trained one, and I saw a contingent just beyond your lines, you cannot threaten me."
    Roose: "Well, this is rather jumping to conclusions, isn't it?"
    Robb: "If it isn't what it looks like, disband this small force and we'll talk at Harrenhall."
    Roose: "Of course, I was going there anyways. Just a moment, let me call up Vargo."
    Oberyn: "The pink maiden is trying to use his lies to slither behind his castle walls, my friend."
    Vargo: "The pink maiden...thath juth hilariouth! Rooth, why didn't you tell me we had thuch funny company?"
    Roose: "It's the red viper; the amusement wears off after the first eight hours, trust me."
    Oberyn: "THE VIPER WILL NOT STAND FOR THESE INSULTS! I may amuse any man I please to!"
    Roose: "I already told you I was taken."
    Robb: "Quiet, all of you. Now, Roose, what's the situation?"
    Renly: "Om7h (Oh my 7 hells), Roose, just tell him."
    Roose: "That can wait until we reach-"
    Renly: "Do it now, or Robb will attack."
    Roose: "And if he does, I have a hostage that will make him think twice..."
    Robb: "You let go off Anya, or I'll ensure you receive tenfold whatever happens to her."
    Roose: "Wait...whoever said anything about Anya?"
    Robb: "Well, you know with her gone, I sort of assumed..."
    Roose: "That I kidnapped her and twirled my nonexistent mustache as I dangled her above a shark pit?"
    Robb: "Well where did she go then? And what of mother, or Cassel?"
    Roose: "Why are you asking me these questions?! I've been out here hiring sellswords, not acting a babysitter."
    Robb: "Well, who's the hostage then?"
    Roose: "Surely you should know; you sent him after me. Vargo....bring out the prisoner....MWAHAHAHAHA"
    Everyone looks strangely at Roose.
    Roose: "....sorry about that, I haven't been leeched today. Stacey, Rallen, and Roose Junior won't leave their travel cases, and without those three, you can count it as a fact that Jared, Barth, Rammington, Cantel, Landers, and all the others are as timid as blushing maids. Oh, thank you Vargo, there we go."
    Vargo has his men toss a very alarmed man in a wolf helm to the ground, as Roose dismounts and draws his blade. Roose yanks the man to his feet, rips off his helm, and puts a blade to his exposed throat.
    Robb: "Morian! What are you doing here? You stayed behind at the Golden Tooth in case the Westerlands became uneasy..."
    Morian: "Well, I thought I might be of better use escorting you back, but the traffic on the King's Road was horrible, so I decided to go off road and maybe use surface streets...and, well, I suppose I got lost. Well, until I saw a group of noblewomen being threatened by your wretched bandits, and I came in for the rescue."
    Vargo: "And then I got you, you thupid, thilly, thumbling thalamander. And now my thervithes have thown themthelves to be tho thignificant that I think a raithe in thalary is called for."
    Renly, laughing uncontrollably: "Okay, hold up a second...oh seven hells, I'm so posting that...wait, wait, wait, say 'Seven slippery septons sold sassy satin sauce to several silly sand seals'"
    Vargo: "Theven thlippery theptons thold thathhh- thorry, thathhh...thathhpy thatin thauce to theveral thilly thand theals. I don't thee the deal, but thormlanderth are tho thrange."
    Renly, slipping off his horse, and laughing far harder: "Okay, that just made my week....anyways, sorry, continue."
    Robb: "Enough of this foolishness, Renly, let's get to the point. Now, Roose, what do you want for Morian here."
    Roose: "Simple enough: let me return to Harrenhall unharrassed, and pardon me of any and all possible crimes. Your forces are not to attack mine, and we shall spill as little blood as possible. We will continue further discussions at Harrenhall."
    Robb: "I don't see a problem with that. But my question is: why? Why is this even happening? I don't understand why you should even need these mercenaries in the first place."
    Renly: "Wait, hold up. So you really didn't know? ROFLAKS (rolling on the floor laughing and kicking smallfolk, a common text-term for the Westerosi nobility), I have to post this! Will, fetch me a raven, this is just too hilarious!"
    Roose: "Vargo, cut down the boy if he fetches a raven."
    Robb: "And if you do that, we cut down you; I will have no threats to my companions, especially over such trifles. Now let's get down to bussiness; give me Morian, and you have a Stark's word I will neither attack nor order an attack on you or your men."
    Roose: "Well, you Starks have always been oathbound and unbending, so I'll accept that. Here's your pup, and his matching sword." Roose shoves Morian to Robb and tosses Slushpuppy in it's sheath after him, as well as his helm.
    Oberyn steps in front of Robb, shoving back Morian, catching the sword, and tossing it back.
    Oberyn: "No."
    Roose: "So few words from the Viper? It must be a truly miraculous moment. Now why do you insist I carry the retch?"
    Renly: "Because if Robb doesn't have Morian, the deal isn't over. Now, I think it's time for Robb to know why everything is going on." (Turns to Robb) "He lays with lions, and this time seeks to bring one home as if no one would notice. Now, we are no friends, but we share a common hatred of Lannister, so I think we can both agree on this."
    Robb: "Not all of Lannisters are lions, Renly, this one might not be truly be a threat at all. A man's life is at stake, this is no time to trouble over blood."
    And yet...Robb remembered the dialogue in whispers..."In the future, anything is possible, and with me you can see much of what you lost back in your hands...but first you must live." ...."Sometimes you sound like you mean to rob me of my birthright, Bolton."....no, these were not the talk of distant relatives, or one of the retinue...
    Robb: "You know what? I'm tired of beating around the bush. Will someone just tell me?"
    Roose: "Oh I think the answer should present itself...any moment now... (he turns around to the ridge)....ANY MOMENT NOW, UNLESS SOMEONE HAS A SUDDEN LOSS IN TASTE FOR DRAMATIC ENTRANCES.."
    ???: "Okay, okay, you don't have to be a nag, one second!"
    A single horsemen crests the hill, trotting down towards the party.
    Tywin: "Why hello everyone, my name is Tywin Lannister."
    Umber nearly falls off his horse laughing, Robb just sits there frozen stunned and rather disturbed, Oberyn glares at the Lannister, and Renly's expression remains calm, although his eyes harden.
    Roose: "Well, now the cat's out of the bag. Now get over yourselves and let's get down to bussiness."

Meanwhile, in Harrenhall...
    Catelyn: "You think maybe I should have told him?"
    Cassel: "Oh, don't worry, he's probably trotting back to the Rock as we speak."
    Catelyn: "Well, the problem is that I only could tell Kartstark; Umber was too drunk to get the message across to. That should be good enough to get the message across, though."
    The Castellan bursts through the doors, escorted by Stark guards, carrying a map of Harrenhall.
    Catelyn: "So, any resistance?"
    Catellan: "My lady...well...I wouldn't say it's resistance...at this point, it's more of, how should I say it? Anarchy? Well, I have the map marked up here. The Stark loyalists have retreated back to the inner level, leaving the outer two in chaos. Bolton men hold the second gatehouses, and most of the second level, as well as the secondary barracks, the practice range, and the smithing district in the outer level. The People's Republic of the Trident holds the primary outer gatehouse, this large stretch of wall and the merchant district belong to the True Tully Liberation Force, the Red Light district and bars have been taken over by the Brotherhood without Banners, the North Gate belongs to the Rh'llor's Legion of Light, and only the gods know who holds the West Gate."
    Cassel: "Well that's unexpected...so, what do we do?"
    Catelyn: "We wait, I suppose. Castellan, would you mind checking the ravens? I want to see if the press has caught on yet."

A while later at the God's Eye...
    Roose: "Okay, now that everyone's serious, and, in Robb's case, treated for shock, now let's ACTUALLY get to business. Now, let's wrap this up fast; time is ticking, and searching ears and eyes may gather. Do you accept my proposal, at least until we get to Harrenhall?"
    Robb: "I see no reason why we shouldn't. I think we can keep this civil and proper; we shall negotiate Tywin Lannister's arrest, and then he shall be treated as a prisoner of his rank is to be cared for. I shall have no lingering in dungeons, but instead a comfortable tower for him."
    Tywin: "Well, we'll see about that, but in the meantime we are all cold and there is little point sitting in the snow while we could enjoy more formal and proper negotiations in the castle."
    Renly: "As dreary as the cold is, there needs to be some equal control over this agreement; a number of Stark and Tully troops from Fairmarket and Raventree, perhaps? Just enough for an equal and fair balance, of course."
    Roose: "Deal."
    Renly: "Well, I'm done intervening then, the Pup should be able to fend for himself. Do you mind if I tag along, though?"
    Oberyn: "I WILL NOT HAVE THIS! The worm is trying to get away. He will talk, you will disagree, and then when you leave he shall hold the walls of Harrenhall, but you are no man stupid as sand. No, surely you shall agree with me to kill them now."
    Robb: "I'm sorry, Oberyn, but I'm accepting Morian back. We aren't getting anywhere here, and this is a chance to find a solution."
    Umber: "Oh lad, I still can't stop laughing....Twyin Lannister...oh, I'd love to see that!"
    Robb: "I'd rather not. Thanks Renly, for bringing Morian over, much appreciated; now, everyone up, it's time to go to Harrenhall."
    Oberyn: "No...no, THE BABY-SMASHING LION DOES NOT ESCAPE THE VIPER'S BITE! I will end you, Tywin Lannister, here and now."
    Robb: "No, Oberyn, we can all deal with this peacefully."
    Oberyn shrugs off his outer clothes, revealing slim leather armor with a little mail. His squire hands him a spear, seemigly oiled, and he leaps to his feet.
    Oberyn: "No, blood will fall, and it will be lion's blood today!"
    Roose: "First you'll have to fight me, you pathetic serpant. Tywin, don your armor while I cut this welp to ribbons."
    Robb: "But the non-agression pact-"
    Renly: "Applies only to you."

Oberyn began stride towards Roose, ignoring the biting cold as the snow swallowed his steps. Robb watched as the Dornish and Stormlanders began to close in to watch, even with a few Northmen. They shouted and cheered as if watching a sport. Except for Renly, who carried his helm under his arm, and whose gaze had turned to sudden steel. Roose was clearly studying his field of combat, but, beyond that, his gaze often went to the crowd around him. He had backed up to a small flat outreach of the hill further up the slope, and watched calmy as Oberyn stalked him like prey through the trees and snow. Neither men had helms, but Roose was clad in his full suit of black armor, stuffed with furs to better insulate; he had clearly not expected such a direct conflict, for his movement was slightly restricted, although the furs did provide a little exra padding, Robb noticed. Not enough to stop a spear jab, perhaps, but enough to prevent a graze or a near hit, and, with Oberyn's famous use of poison, perhaps this was for the better. It was as Robb was judging the outcome that he noticed a slight twitch, maybe even a wink, towards Tywin, who lurked further up the hill.

The Viper walked towards his target with calm and clear precision, but his eyes were blazing with rage. He studied his opponent with a massive intensity, blocking out any useless information. He ignored the cold biting at his feet, at his shins as the fallen snow engulfed them with every step. He stopped for one moment, as he stood not so far away, and let one last thought slip in.
    Oberyn: "My name is Oberyn Martell. You killed my sister. Prepare to die."
    Adreneline poured through his veins as he rushed his enemy, sending snow flying as he leaped into position jabbing at Roose's armpit with his spear, and it sent splinters as it gashed through Roose's shield. He remembered Elia, the one who never had to die, the body of her broken children. As Roose's sword came whirring at him, he dodged away using gravity to help him down the hill and his cat-like balance to keep him steady on the icy terrain. He prepared his body to dodge again, but Roose stood his ground, refusing to strike until the time was right. He began to form a plan when he heard Tywin's voice from above.
    Tywin: "Elia, Elia, Elia, which one was she? There are so many dead women with mangled babes, it's hard to keep track."
    Oberyn flung himself back in at the sound of the voice, sending the spear angled at another armor joint. Roose stepped aside and swatted at the spear with his blade. Oberyn used his hands to sweep it away, barely avoided entanglement with the murderer's swirling pink-and-red cape.
    Tywin: "Which dog was it, boy? The Mountain, was it Amory? I forget, I truly do. Which pathetic little b**ch was she, this Elia of Dorne, which tender babes made music as their heads cracked upon the stone wall?"
    His voice rang in Oberyn's head, the taunts feeding his fiery anger. But he knew what they were doing. They were taunting him, trying to distract him from his prey. But Oberyn was patient, he had to be to wait this long. He would show them; with every taunt he focused more and more of his mind on the battle, the snow, the trees, the roots, the blade, and the enemy's blade, all the things that the enemy might use in the battle. He would not let them; this was his time.

He took a moment to analyze the new stance and position. Nothing could distract him...but, yet, he heard something. That was undoubtedly Tywin's tricks, so he stopped listening...but there it was. The sound of crunching snow, followed by silence. Oberyn shrugged it off and flung himself back in the battle, sending his spear into a weaker spot he'd noticed, with slower reflexes, probably the leavings of an old wound. Roose couldn't react in time with his arms, but quickly twisted himself, sending the spear screeching off his breastplate instead of into an artery. He turned his instinctual movements into an attack as he sent his blade to slash off Oberyn's arm, but the Viper was too swift and dodged out of reach, a silent invitation for Roose's attack. But only Tywin's taunts came hurtling after him, and Roose simply steadied himself. And again, that slight noise, the movement of snow in the back of his head, something wrong. But Oberyn had no time for cold and snow. This was a time for Fire and Blood. He arced around Roose, trying to get the armored man off balance or distracted as he made a sudden twist and sent his spear in a lower strike towards the knee. Roose moved, but not quite fast enough, and the blade smashed through the steel kneeguard, but Bolton had moved just enough to send it through his furs, cutting through the insulation and sending it spilling out. Roose sent his sword down to catch the spear once more. Oberyn palmed it again, swinging it quickly back firmly into his hands. He backed away for a moment, studying the situation. He saw as his foe tried to stuff the furs back into the armor, and managed to free up his movement a little, but the damage was done and the padding would undoubtedly grow unweildy in twisting. His mind raced as he linked a plan together, trying to shove that noise out of his head...it had grown louder.
    He took one last moment to study the surroundings...but, for a slight, tiny fragment of time where he suddenly and urgently felt possessed by the need to survey what was all around him; he needed to know what that damn noise was, that crunching! But he knew he could never keep him eyes off his foe. Not until they were both dead, and Elia could have blood paid for blood.

He darted in, one more time, and the two feinted and weaved, each of them moving in their circle, each daring an attack. His spear knicked the black armor and the pink shield and he weaved and twisted and teased. And then he saw an opening. His prey had finally faltered. He would bring them death, color the snow Lannister red, avenge Elia. As he lunged, he remembered Elia, his sister, the memories, the hatred, the anger, the sadness, the grief, the long-forgotten happiness. His world was him, Elia, and this man, this protector of injustice. His lips at last curled into a smile as his arm prepared to send a jab into Roose's weak spot know the man could not possibly react in time, knowing he would at last win this fight. He saw his eyes calm as ice, but they weren't looking at him. And the crunching had even broken through the rush, the blur of battle, it was so loud...and then it stopped. As his muscles uncoiled and the spear began to thrust, he noticed that Roose was moving faster than before, the old weakness had gone...a feint, a feint, his mind cried as his body tensed and prepared to twist aside. The fight wasn't over, it wasn't, he'd bring vengeance, blood would fall still. And then, as he dove, he felt an iron grip on his shoulder, an anchor which drove him back. And then came the worst pain he had ever felt, as a blade drove through his leather and sliced through his skin and muscle, a hot red pain searing into his insides as the blade drove through him, pain like he'd never felt as the bled sliced arteries and veins and slashed open his upper stomach turning his insides into an inferno of agony. It consumed his mind, and his muscles began to loose from his control, his hands dropping his spear into the snow. His eyes drowned him with images of Roose, standing over him, eyes of ice and a think smile on his face, as the sword twisted inside him, forcing him to scream as he dropped.
    Oberyn turned as he fell from the blade into the snow, exerting control over his muscles. He had learned better over the seas, he could turn this, he could still win. He shakily grabbed the tree trunk nearest trying to steady himself, and look up. As he strained with all his power to peer up, he only got the glimpse of a green iron fist slamming into his face. And then, as his nose cracked and the force sent him falling into black, he felt himself drift away from the pain.

Robb watched as Oberyn suddenly slumped, sliding down the tree into the snow discolored by his own pouring blood. Robb watched as Renly then raised his sword with both hands, and brought it down on the Viper's neck, slicing his head cleanly off. Renly then sheathed his sword and walked away without a word. Robb himself was stunned; he had been uncertain what Renly was trying to do as he had walked ever so slowly up the hill. Suddenly, words burst out of him.
    Robb: "What...what was that, Renly? Why, what...oh seven hells, what is this about?!"
    Renly: "He was killing my people. I saw them burnt and hanged and slaughtered as the Dornish invaded the Stormlands; he was killing my people. It was a mercy; I was saving so many. With one less snake, perhaps I could end this war, stop the invasion."
    Robb: "But Tywin was the one who stopped you from being king, the leader of the Lannisters who hold Joffrey on the Throne. Why didn't-"
    Renly: "Because he was already doomed. You have your enemies in a corner, now I have mine. Tywin is a lion in a land of wolves; even if he hides in Harrenhall, he is closer than ever before, held by foreign men far from home. That battle is over. Well, now I suppose both our battles are over. Now I'll be going now, thank you."
    Renly mounted his horse and left without another word, his retinue following silently. A Dornishman was pulling an arrow out to shoot one in the back, but Robb grabbed the arrow before it was brought to bare.
    Robb: "If you want to shoot them, shoot them away from us. I will not get any more involved in your war, now get out if murder is on your mind."
    The Dornishmen sulk out, readying their weapons as they go, and everything is silent minus the clatter of metal and the crushing of snow under the soldier's feet. Robb turned back to Roose.
    Robb: "Let's just go to Harrenhall. I've had enough of this pointless butchery."
    Vargo: "Thith is not the time to juth walk out...we theem to have vithitorth."
    Robb: "You have to be kidding me, bring them in."
    Tywin: "I think you'll do better looking for yourself."
    Robb mounts and rides to the top of Tywin's hill, and suddenly stops to gape. Two armies were facing each other, one bearing an eagle, the other a fiery heart. A third force was marching in quickly from the West, bearing the Tully Trout proudly. A shout draws Robb's attention from down below, a gruff monotone voice.
    Stannis: "I heard that this is where I could find Robb Stark, The Usurper of Winterfell.
    Robb: "Yes, I suppose that's me."
    Stannis: "Well, by the decree of the King and by the Light of the Lord, I demand you to turn your lion over to me and bend your knee to the rightful king. Or be short a head for it."
    Robb: "You know what? Go ahead. I'm done. Go, get smashed by all the armies surrounding you, I have officially stopped caring at this point."
    Stannis: "And if I charge you now with my guard to lop your had off?"
    Robb: "The following statement is false. The previous statement was true."
    Stannis: "But....that.....wait....oh, damn you Robb Stark. Mel, can you fetch me a maester? This is really frustrating me."
    Roose: "Well, that was surprisingly easy."
    Stannis: "I think NOT! I just realized that the both statements were false, and therefore I win."
    Robb: "Oh just bugger off."
    Stannis: "No. You bugger off!"
    Robb: "Gladly. Roose, let's go."
    Stannis: "Oh, no fair! I wanted to use my flaming sword. Oh come on, just look how cool it is."
    Anya Stark, with Edmure Tully ride up from the Western side of the hill.
    Anya: "Oh, I'm sure it'll be a lovely gift for my husband when I have it pried from your dead hands."
    Edmure: "Anya, there's a peaceful way."
    Robb, walking away: "Tried it, didn't work, sorry Edmure."
    Stannis: "Well, a peaceful solution would be to bow down before me."
    Anya: "Oh, lobster boy wants his crown; maybe some tartar sauce with that to?"
    Edmure: "Wait, wait, he's right."
    Roose: "Oh really?"
    Edmure goes over to Stannis, kneeling before him.
    Edmure: "I pledge that the Federation of Independent Kingdoms will support a king. A king to unite us, a king I pledge to. King Stannis."
    Anya: "What?!"
    Stannis: "FINALLY. Seven hells- eerm, I mean Rh'llor above, sorry Mel- I almost thought that the realm forgot how much I deserved it. I had almost despaired into thinking that it wouldn't just fall into my lap, but Mel was right. I'd like to thank her for my accomplishment; under her guidance, even my drinks have begun rightfully delivering themselves, as they should."
    Davos: "It's just a magnetic bottom, it really isn't all that special."
    Stannis: "Shut up, Davos, your ruining my mojo. And for the record, my drinks love me. Isn't that right, ale?"
    Mel: "It says it loves you with all it's being, my lord."
    Stannis: "As it should be. Anyways, next I'd like to thanks all the little people I had to disrespect and alienate in order to make it to the top, and of course I'd like to thank the academy-"
    Anya: "Ummm...you aren't king yet. No man other than Edmure has pledged to you."
    Stannis: "Than you must die."
    Edmure: "I think not. I have bent the knee, as you demanded, and pledged to nominate you king. The voting process isn't even begun yet. Just wait, and you'll be king; that's all you have to do. But if you attack my allies, you will be cut even from that."
    Stannis: "Well, I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, but I'll just follow your advice. Now, back to Maidenpool. I have a memoir to write!"

A little later, at Harrenhall...
    Petyr: "Now, this live feed on the Current 'Tywin Affair', here at Harrenhall, where the Starks have begun press talks."
    Robb: "Good men of Westeros, it is true: Tywin Lannister indeed meant to sneak into our forces and subvert my nobles to rebel. Luckily, he was turned in, tried, and I have decided to serve him justice by handing him over to the lord he attempted to subvert....for execution."
    Petyr: "And why was he not kept a prisoner, as is appropriate? Many deem this act to be injustice."
    Robb: "Excellent question; I have chosen this to recognize the murder of so many innocents by his razing of the Riverlands, and for the murder of Elia of Dorne. It is the only way to achieve true justice. I will answer more questions in just a moment; it seems the situation has been updated."
    Robb walked from the podium down to a hallway, where Roose was waiting with a tarred head on a pike.
    Roose: "It's all safe, your grace. We have checked here for spiders, and we believe it to be a safe spot."
    Robb: "Good, good, now I'm assuming the head isn't truly Tywin?"
    Roose: "No, I haven't changed my mind."
    Robb: "Well, it certainly is a convincing fake. It's so realistic. I can only imagine the trouble you'd have to go through, and the expenses, to create a fake head so faithfully."
    Roose: "Yes, of course....definately a fake....not a head at all, just a little, oh you know...
    Robb: "We can go over the details later, don't worry. Anyways, before I have to go back to joust words with Littlefinger, I have a few things you should know. Don't trust the Lannister."
    Roose: "I mysteriously haven't lost my senses yet. I hope you have something of his reward, though."
    Robb: "Of course, Lannisport and the Rock remaining Lannister holdings under Northern rule; what did Tywin say as to what is he willing to change for the Lannister Protection Program?"
    Roose: "I already told you I wouldn't let him grow a mustache, and twirly goatee is out of the question. Would a funny hat do?"
    Robb: "You honestly believe a funny hat could disguise Tywin Lannister?"
    Roose: "Would you believe it was Tywin if he was wearing a hat shaped like a Puff Fish?"
    Robb: "Point taken. Anyways, next on the list, your name has not only been cleared, but is now looked more highly upon than ever."
    Roose: "Oh, I know that all too well; I nearly killed a man who called me 'Roose the Honest' in passing. Usually when people do that, they are making snide jokes on a latenight comedy program before I burn their house down."
    Robb: "In any case, Mr. Honest, I have to get back to the mad dogs out there, but before I leave...well, it's sort of akward, but tell Lannister hello. I can't ignore him forever."
    Roose, drawing something from behind his back: "Which reminds me...Tywin Lannister sends his regards."
    *Roose gives Robb an invitation to a tea party with the most dangerous man in Westeros.*

Later, in the Westerlands....
    The massive force marched down the road, columns of disciplined men from across Westeros heading South. Many of them were only summer men, Robb knew, but that would soon change; winter had come, and soon these men would feel it's bite in full. The horrors of war, the twisted and mangled corpses of men and animal, the stink of dead men and excrement as low moans and half-garbled cries rose into the air and carrion birds gorged themselves on those who you once knew and loved; it would come. But, better not to think about that; there was planning to be done. He looked back down on his map, trying to find a way around their predicament; no, they would have to go off the road soon enough, and he knew that was risky enough with such a large force. It was easy to be spotted, and easier to lose men as discipline began to disintegrate, but if he had to fight now, so be it. He knew Umber was also marching to his East, circling around the Lannister army preparing to ambush him; and it was such a marvelous ambush to, until his outriders had discovered them. He was ripped from his charts as a messenger galloped towards him through the columns.
    Greg: "Umber is all ready with his Lannisport Men, but the enemy is creeping Westward. Should the attack begin?"
    Robb: "Tell Umber to wait until they have begun to chase after us; if we can dislodge them, they should be easy pickings."
    And if it worked, he might end this war. The Lannisters of the West were commanded by cousins and distant relations, by some sel-styled 'Martyn, Lord of the West'. Martyn was still stuck down South however, trying to hold against a flood of Tyrells. His son commanded at Crakehall, his brother commanded the Pinkmaiden brigades fleeing back West again, and he perhaps hoped to adopt the captain in charge of this ambush; why couldn't these Lannisters see when they've lost?

Meanwhile at Sunspear....
    Doran Martell watched from atop the steps of the palace, watching as his subjects mulled below. Charred ash and smoke tainted the air, and his eyes traced a blackened petal floating by on the wind, more ash than vegetation anymore. He saw more follow it bravely into the breeze; the men must be burning flowers again. They had certainly hanged enough floursack Renlys to make an army of kings by the time he'd stopped paying attention. Once they'd brought out the Loras sacks, he'd stopped bothering; he already knew what sort of desecrations the mob would perform, especially after the latest round of rumor. He found it a little over the top, but he WAS in Dorne, after all. He was sure his brother would....would HAVE....liked it, though. But, in the meantime, the sands were stirring as cries for vengeance reverberated through the streets, for both Stormblood, and the blood of the Reach. Doran knew he couldn't spend decades plotting to give them papercuts, his plan A; it was time for action! Time for courage! Time to get the sandsnakes to do it for him!
    He wondered what Oberyn would say....he could hear the voice in his mind...."THE RED VIPER HAS NO NEED OF SILLY PLANS, HE SHALL STRIKE WHEREVER HE PLEASES".....oh wait, he'd forgotten just how obnoxious his brother used to be. Well, best not to bring that up...but, in the meantime, it was time, just as Oberyn wanted, for action. Not just in the next few months...well, mostly in the next few months, but especially NOW! Just what he'd do now was...well...umm....steal a motto! How devious!
    And so Doran spoke, as ashen petals swirled around him and the sunset turned crimson "Fire and Blood."

Meanwhile at King's Landing...
    Joffrey: "Build me an army worthy of Mordor!"
    Sandor: "And what exactly is that?"
    Joffrey: "Something big. Preferably intimidating."
    Sandor: "Already done, my leige."
    Joffrey: "Really?! That was fast!"
    Varys: "We already told you, we have over 7000 men waiting to march!"
    Sandor: "In retrospect, that sounds pretty small..."
    Varys: "The settings are medium, so feel free to add a few zeroes to that."
    Sandor: "Much better. So where do we march, your grace?"
    Joffrey: "IN CIRCLES AROUND KING'S LANDING!!!"
    Sandor: "Why are you yelling? And, more importantly...just what?"
    Joff: "I am the king! Obey me! I want to have men all around the city, so many that their corpses will create an unsurmountable wall, and the enemy will eventually give up trying to climb it!"
    Varys: "But-"
    Joff: "If you continue that sentence, I'll be forced to make Ser Ilyn my master of whisperers..."
    Varys: "But Ser Ilyn is a little bird, he can't also be a birdkeeper!"
    Sandor: "He's...what?!"
    *Ser Ilyn attempts to make a clucking sound, but fails miserably*

Meanwhile, in Essos...
    Barristan: "Are we there yet?"
    Dany: "No."
    Jorah: "Now are we there yet."
    Dany: "No."
    Barristan: "NOW are we there yet?"
    Dany: "If you keep asking that, I'm turning this ship around, mister, and that's that!"
    Jorah: "But Khalleeeeeesiiiii"

Meanwhile, with the Wight Version of Lady Godiva, as Ned dressed as a sheep walks in with a jackass and a honeycomb....
    Sadly, this POV has encountered an error, and cannot be viewed. Try again soon, and the problem might be solved.
    Last edited by Timur Amir; November 03, 2011 at 12:31 AM.

Pretty funny- Ofc, it totally butchers the characters but i like it.

I've finished the part I wanted to complete yesterday. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Pretty funny- Ofc, it totally butchers the characters but i like it.
    Well, it can never be said I was misleading. I did say absurdity is coming!

I'm glad you like it though.

@Lordinquisitor: Agreed.

However, it was very enjoyable.

It was great Timur xD I couldn't stop laughing at the Frey song, another of my childhood memories officially ruined

ack, ended up having to defragment my computer, but I hope to update over the week
    EDIT: I have begun today, and introduced the...
    *maracas activate*
    RED VIPER

EDIT, EDIT, Tuesday September 13:
    Small new addition today, with pic. Perhaps I'll add more tonight but unlikely.
    Last edited by Timur Amir; September 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM.

Okay, I hate to double post, but I've added a nice amount of content over the past 3 days, and I hope to have the Battles done by the weekend, although they are rather huge, and might take a bit (and, with so many main characters that get involved, I will have to get into detail)

Anyways, I hope you all are enjoying my AAR as it is continued, and don't mind my double post!

EDIT: This AAR, for reference, will be continually updated, at least until you guys tell me to stop or until all the main characters die(or if the game gets corrupted, or likewise I am unable to continue). So don't expect this to go quietly into that good night!
    Last edited by Timur Amir; September 16, 2011 at 01:19 AM.

Well, I feel rather guilty triple-posting, but I wrote a nice bit today, and I like to announce such updates.

I hope you enjoy it, and please post something so I don't end up quadruple-posting!

Slushpuppy Destroyer of worlds

This is a really entertaining AAR. It actually made me laugh a bit, not that I do. *puts on Tywin face*

New Update! I'm really, really, really sorry to the member that started their AAR today and managed to get their thread bumped off of the 'newest post' pedestal, but all the more incentive to update, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Madness View Post
    This is a really entertaining AAR. It actually made me laugh a bit, not that I do. *puts on Tywin face*
    Don't be stealing faces now; that's for little girls and Kindly Men!

Anyways, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Update time
    Also, may I point out the creeper Umber in the corner by the minimap in several screenshots...

EDIT: Added the subsequent peace process with Renly. Soon for more hot, sexy Roos- I mean, some nice, polite orderly political and military manuevers.
    Last edited by Timur Amir; September 26, 2011 at 09:04 PM.

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Sweet raptor jeebus! Why havn't Ive seen this before!?!? Friggin' awesome work man! Looking forward to new chapters eagerly!

Edit: Can't give rep to Timur Amir so soon again! What the-? I need hacking skills so I can do that!
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zoran View Post
    Sweet raptor jeebus! Why havn't Ive seen this before!?!? Friggin' awesome work man! Looking forward to new chapters eagerly!

Edit: Can't give rep to Timur Amir so soon again! What the-? I need hacking skills so I can do that!
    Thanks I'll make sure to continue updating.

Also, when I entered the page, for some reason most of the images were unviewable, so I went to the host site and messed around until I got them all back working for me. If anyone else is having the screenshots as small, un-viewable boxes, just tell me and I'll try and see if there is something wrong (I honestly don't get some of the stuff about photobucket, but that's just me)
    also, I plan on editing throughout the week (and most certainly on the weekend!
    As a quick addition, I just updated the post with the exploits of Good Ser Lancel, and I will probably add more later today.
    EDIT: Just added Cassel's landing of the Vale to it as well. I'll probably add more soon.
    Last edited by Timur Amir; September 27, 2011 at 06:23 PM.

Yay! Another chapter!

Yay! Another chapter!
    AND ANOTHER

And I'll likely update again tonight...after all, Winter is Coming

I would like to see the Lannisters gone for good and all. Take Crakehall with all due haste!

NEW UPDATE! Also, I'm on post 2!
    I would like to see the Lannisters gone for good and all. Take Crakehall with all due haste!
    The problem is that I'm a little ahead of the AAR, but, at this time, I was struggling with chasing massive Lannister forces away from the Westerlands; they refused to fight me, but ran away instantly, and I couldn't pursue since usually another one had begun to encroach on a different area by the time the first army ran.

Also, something very weird/glitchy happened involving their succession, but I'll get to that later (I have a plan to use such things). In any case, I'll get to that soon enough, since I like updates.

You're totally killing the purpose of the world of ice and fire, but I find the humor funny nonetheless.

Gosh, i forgot to peek in here from time to time and now there`s a huge wall of text and pictures there.
    I bet this is the most exhaustive AOR yet. Keep on rocking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast