Thread: 'Sengoku' Loading Screens

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default 'Sengoku' Loading Screens

...and by 'Sengoku', I mean Paradox's new title. I booted up the demo and the loading screens looked great, so I thought I'd port them. After creating the mod, I figured there would be lots of things I could port to Shogun 2. My impression was that there would be more visual content I could port once the game is released, but having flicked through the game files of the full version, that doesn't seem to be awfully so. For now, this will be an alternate loading screens mod until further notice.

Here is a link to the demo. http://www.gamershell.com/news_124486.html

Secondly, the rar file attached contains a pack file; this is the mod. Install it into S2's data folder.

Enjoy!

File Removed -Bolkonsky
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; September 29, 2011 at 02:50 PM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Tonbogiri's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: 'Sengoku' Visual Overhaul [v1.0]

Fascinating! I was unaware of another Sengoku based game coming out. I'll definitely have to check this out. From the images it looks like there's more variety as far as the choices for the clan that the player can play. Wonder how it will compare with Shogun 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonbogiri View Post
    Fascinating! I was unaware of another Sengoku based game coming out. I'll definitely have to check this out. From the images it looks like there's more variety as far as the choices for the clan that the player can play. Wonder how it will compare with Shogun 2?
    Yeah. I was pretty stoked when I went over the campaign map and found the Nanbu! Not to mention the clans that are in the game that unfortunately haven't made their way into S2. I applaud Paradox for that. Unfortunately, Heraldry looks to be more of a let-down in Sengoku than it is in Shogun 2.

I'd figure a comparison between Shogun 2 and Sengoku would be something like a comparison between Shogun 2 and Europa Universalis III and so on.

I also didn't realize Paradox is releasing this on the 13th, so an update would probably be sooner than I thought.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Tonbogiri's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Anton93 View Post
    Unfortunately, Heraldry looks to be more of a let-down in Sengoku than it is in Shogun 2.
    I see that as well, but isn't that what modders like yourself are for?

Looks brill and fits so well, I've been waiting for that game to come out.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Tonbogiri View Post
    I see that as well, but isn't that what modders like yourself are for?
    ... good point!

Quote Originally Posted by yobi_uk View Post
    Looks brill and fits so well, I've been waiting for that game to come out.
    Cheers.

I, too, have been waiting aeons... well... two days. Somewhat hyperbolic? But, still fairly eager!

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Taking a glance at that game, I am immediately interested.. except I have no clear idea how battles work. I like the battles of Shogun 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Charsi View Post
    Taking a glance at that game, I am immediately interested.. except I have no clear idea how battles work. I like the battles of Shogun 2.
    Yeah. I generally feel as if the campaign is made all the more important because of the battles, especially with something like DarthMod Shogun. Good luck!

-----

On a related note, Sengoku seems to be released, albeit a bit costlier than what I would have liked. I will refrain from buying it until it shows up on Steam.

Be patient, my friends .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

So... having a look at the game files leads to a bit of disappointment. For now, I'm going to re-name the thread name "'Sengoku' Loading Screens". With the mix-and-match setup they have for their unit cards, I could do a bunch of screenshots and port them to Shogun 2. I'll direct my attention to my other mods for now .
    Last edited by Akaie; September 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Default Re: 'Sengoku' Loading Screens

I was unaware of another Sengoku based game coming out.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by RedingtonL View Post
    I was unaware of another Sengoku based game coming out.

It's nothing like Shogun, but complements it rather well imho. The focus is on characters, family, vassals and diplomacy. Marriages and plots between families play a major role. You can gain territory in this way just as you can through warfare. Battles are strictly a numerical affair with very little visual feedback. Overall it's quite satisfying as it addresses areas glossed over or missed by Shogun. My only gripe is UI navigation when trying to find other characters to fulfill various needs, but they say they're addressing that. The rules are also unintuitive if you aren't familiar with EU:Rome or Crusader Kings. Still having a blast trying to learn as I go

Visual flair (like these loading screens) and music are in short supply, but very well done and manage to create great atmosphere. The map is freaking amazing with regard to scope.

Sorry for the mini review in your thread, but that's how I discovered the game as well. Thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    It's nothing like Shogun, but complements it rather well imho. The focus is on characters, family, vassals and diplomacy. Marriages and plots between families play a major role. You can gain territory in this way just as you can through warfare. Battles are strictly a numerical affair with very little visual feedback. Overall it's quite satisfying as it addresses areas glossed over or missed by Shogun. My only gripe is UI navigation when trying to find other characters to fulfill various needs, but they say they're addressing that. The rules are also unintuitive if you aren't familiar with EU:Rome or Crusader Kings. Still having a blast trying to learn as I go

Visual flair (like these loading screens) and music are in short supply, but very well done and manage to create great atmosphere. The map is freaking amazing with regard to scope.

Sorry for the mini review in your thread, but that's how I discovered the game as well. Thanks much
    Ha that's no problem! I was pretty happy with the map they put in, with 360 (pretty sure its 360) territories and clans that can actually live in the mountains!

Patron of Erwin Rommel

I only knew about Sengoku because I had been watching Steam like a hawk, hoping desperately for some kind of sale so I could pick up Shogun 2, plus all of the DLC. Fortunately, Steam had a massive SEGA sale this past weekend and I purchased not only Shogun 2 and all of its DLC (including Rise of the Samurai pre-purchase), but Napoleon, Empire, Medieval II, and Rome - including the expansions for the latter two, but not the DLC for the former two - for a grand sum of $57. Normally, it would be a $100+ value.

Thus, I love Steam. The loading screens are nice and, while I didn't have much of a problem with Shogun 2's originals, I do like these better.

I'm sorry but unless you can provide permission from Paradox, this is not allowed.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud