Thread: Euro Crisis

Default Re: Greek default this year

Every time I have to go to the post office, or take the train or deal in any other way with the Italian public sector, I consider becoming a suicide bomber due to the sheer incompetence and lazyness of the employees. So, yea, there is worse than Silvio and his prostitutes.

2:58, that's standard practice in Italy
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; April 21, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Comes Limitis

Like those creating the public post office and public trains?

In any case. Thats all terrible and all and I really feel sorry about your problems with the public services, but it really really really can get really really really worse. Specially when your not a young man with a chance in life to have some disposable income later on. Look at the USA, thats all thats going to head to, but without the ops to distort the facts behind their economy behind things like the MIC, giant private debt, no savings-rate, global currency domination etc. Italy couldnt pull that off that long.

"Free markets" suck all over the place time and time again. Its religious to think it will just get rid of lazy people and make everything better, all the time...the contrary...in this propagated form it pulls the entire economy down over time. Economies serve societies, not the other way around. Thats lately forgotten but essential.
    Last edited by Thorn777; April 21, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Consol (originally short for consolidated annuities, but can now be taken to mean consolidated stock) is a form of British government bond (gilt), dating originally from the 18th century. The first consols were originally issued in 1751.[1] Consols are one of the rare examples of an actual perpetual bonds: although they may be redeemed by the British government, this is unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future.
    In 1752, the Chancellor of the Exchequer and Prime Minister Sir Henry Pelham converted all outstanding issues of redeemable government stock into one bond, Consolidated 3.5% Annuities, in order to reduce the coupon rate paid on the government debt.
    In 1757, the coupon rate on the stock was reduced to 3%, leaving the stock as Consolidated 3% Annuities. The coupon rate remained at 3% until 1888. In 1888, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Joachim Goschen, converted the existing Consolidated 3% Annuities, along with Reduced 3% Annuities (issued in 1752) and New 3% Annuities (1855), into a new bond, 2¾% Consolidated Stock under the National Debt (Conversion) Act 1888 (Goschen’s Conversion). As part of the terms of the Act, the coupon rate of the stock was reduced to 2½% in 1903, and the stock given a first redemption date of 5 April 1923, after which point the stock could be redeemed at par value by Act of Parliament.
    Consols still exist today: in their current form as 2½% Consolidated Stock (1923 or after), they remain a small part of the UK Government’s debt portfolio. As the bond has a low coupon, there is little incentive for the government to redeem it. Unlike most gilts, which pay coupons semi-annually, Consols pay coupons four times a year because of their age. As a result of their uncertain redemption dates, they are typically treated as a perpetual bond.
    Given their long history, references to Consols can be found in many places, including literature such as David Copperfield by Charles Dickens, Howards End by E. M. Forster, Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray, Of Human Bondage by William Somerset Maugham and The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy and in economics.

I noticed them first when reading Georgette Heyer, being an indispensable part of assessing marriage prospects.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Thanks for that information Condottiere.

Maybe these Consols are the way to go for our countries under the heel of the troika.

Any idea on the bookmaker,s odds on the votes being rigged in the Greek elections.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Comes Limitis

was it the evil troika guaranteeing all your bank debt? was it the evil troika creating Ireland into treasure island dependent on those banks? was it the evil troika making so many Irish allot better off than ever before, even having a higher medial income than evil Germany while being a net receiver of EU funds?

no, but its them since the penny dropped...its fanciful and stupid to focus on that, it wont solve a thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

The Golden Dawn are boldened by the ratings that predict them getting in the parliament. They start attacking politicians in mobs.
    Exactly what we needed. THe extreme right joining the extreme left in attacking people.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

The other parties are so damn afraid of seeing Golden Dawn in the Parliament that it makes me laugh.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

For a good reason. Didn't take long for the Neonazis and Fascists to revert to their tactics from the 50s that nobody in their right mind would like to see again.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    The other parties are so damn afraid of seeing Golden Dawn in the Parliament that it makes me laugh.
    me too even if dont like them i laughed when i learned the reaction of the greek politicians when the golden dawn did the nazi salute (and in their upcoming entrance in greek parliament) like they were defiling the home of democracy (this is a paradox if you thing the most reactions where either from politicians who stole the public money or from far left who are dreaming of proletariat dictatorship
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    For a good reason. Didn't take long for the Neonazis and Fascists to revert to their tactics from the 50s that nobody in their right mind would like to see again.
    Tactics like calling a man responsible for our current situation a thief... It's mind-blowing.
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."

Those voting for him are as much responsible. Also,the extreme right and extreme left tactics of the 50s were to have paramilatary mobs assaulting people with different opinions to terrorize them. Like those that killed Labrakis for example. These are the tactics I speak about. I don't like those hotheads organizing into bully squads.

Yes, most of our politicians deserved to be mocked etc and actually put into jail. Golden dawn is IMO, worse.

Those voting for him are as much responsible. Also,the extreme right and extreme left tactics of the 50s were to have paramilatary mobs assaulting people with different opinions to terrorize them. Like those that killed Labrakis for example. These are the tactics I speak about. I don't like those hotheads organizing into bully squads.

Yes, most of our politicians deserved to be mocked etc and actually put into jail. Golden dawn is IMO, worse.
    I think we need some evidence to back up these wild accusations.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Civitate

The politicians have earned the right to be mocked and dissed wherever they go thanks to their actions. The only difference is that today this anger was expressed under the banner of a party, which happened to be Golden Dawn. All the parties and the media were talking about it all day and they acted like someone had been tortured or murdered by Nazis. They their pants in the thought of seeing a (additional) party which can halt their demonic plans. Personally, if I voted for Golden Dawn, I'd only do it because I like to see them scared. That's what they should be, they should be afraid to walk out of their homes.

Really? You really think anybody should live in fear of their lives? That's the society you aspire to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I think we need some evidence to back up these wild accusations.

Evidence that rightwings killed Labrakis? You mean, other than the verdict of the court of law, which caused the then Prime Minister to flee Greece and later make the communist party legal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori...#Assassination

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Really? You really think anybody should live in fear of their lives? That's the society you aspire to?
    the ones that stole the public money and betreyd their own country and people yes
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Nope, in a normal society these people would have been trialled. Since Greece is a circus and this can't be achieved, the people themselves should make their lives miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    the ones that stole the public money and betreyd their own country and people yes
    Stole? Who stole exactly?

Nope, in a normal society these people would have been trialled. Since Greece is a circus and this can't be achieved, the people themselves should make their lives miserable.
    Question: will arbitrary, lawless vigilantism make Greece less or more "a circus"?

magpie's Avatar Artifex

In what passes for a normal society these days or in the past these people will never be sanctioned for their wrongdoing. More likely a nice golden handshake and a juicy pension will be their lot.

Although I do harbour thoughts of them dangling from lamp posts

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Indefinitely Banned

We need to start a war between Greece and Turkey over the gas they found near Cyprus.
    With no more Greece the euro will be saved.Its time for the 300 of Greece to sacrifice themselves for the greater good.