Thread: Euro Crisis

Comes Limitis

Default Re: Greek default this year

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    No, it's not. It would have been charity if Eurozone gave a loan to Greece with 0% interest and erased all her debt. But yeah, there's no charity between states. There's profit. Sometimes it's big, others it's small.
    There is no such thing.

Germany pays interest on most those loans itself, and if Germany would just hand out money to Greece as it is, the market would judge that negatively, and thus interests go up.

Its nearly the best thing. Whats debated is the German & Co public loans also needing to be written off, but where would you be then without the "evil banks" slurs?

I get its frustrating but would it be any less in whatever given scenario?
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    There is no such thing.

Germany pays interest on most those loans itself, and if Germany would just hand out money to Greece as it is, the market would judge that negatively, and thus interests go up.

Its nearly the best thing. Whats debated is the German & Co public loans also needing to be written off, but where would you be then without the "evil banks" slurs?

I get its frustrating but would it be any less in whatever given scenario?
    Look, I'm not blaming Germany. Germany acts pragmatically and realistically with her interests being her priority. Every other state in her position would do absolutely the same, Greece included. I'm just stating that Greece should try to change this current state of affairs which only benefits other states and hurts her. Germany will keep trying to forward her interest and it's Greece which has to say 'enough with this'.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Comes Limitis

Well its our interest now because we made it our interest when you joined. There is a form of European solidarity all trough the Euro project. You got allot of private German cash influx till 08 seeking growing Greece and shunning slow growth Germany, and now chicken is coming to roost, and most is written off.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Comes Domesticorum

We shouldn't. Sell all our Leopards to Turkey already.
    We don't have to sell them to Turkey, but we definitely could sell them. Keep around 100 HELs, sell every other tank we have.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Stavroforon View Post
    We don't have to sell them to Turkey, but we definitely could sell them. Keep around 100 HELs, sell every other tank we have.
    Sell some to Assad his ones are getting a bit worn out Also if you have to have a revolution to kick out the troika and government lackies you don,t want them well armed.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Assad has oil, which I'm sure he's willing to barter for.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

What will happen after the elections? Will the provincial government under Lucas Papademos still be in control?

Comes Domesticorum

No, Papademos is just an interim prime minister.

Comes Limitis

I think now that we appointed all the Goldman Sachs people and joined the Iran sanctions, the worst is over for the year and maybe Greece gets rated up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Stavroforon View Post
    No, Papademos is just an interim prime minister.
    Are you sure? Papademos and his professionals will step down after the election? And then Greece is once again ruled by idiots?

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitn View Post
    Are you sure? Papademos and his professionals will step down after the election? And then Greece is once again ruled by idiots?
    Last time I checked Papademos wasn't elected and we still claim to have a democracy. What would you suggest, take a vote and have the winner apoint Papademos as PM once more?
    Gems of TWC:

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

Comes Limitis

Goldman Sachs knows how to handle situations like this.

Acco's Avatar Дијана

Quote Originally Posted by Akrotatos View Post
    What would you suggest, take a vote and have the winner apoint Papademos as PM once more?
    Better than Samaras.

Edit: or Venizelos, for that matter. You've got quite a choice, there.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Civitate

Last time I checked Papademos wasn't elected and we still claim to have a democracy. What would you suggest, take a vote and have the winner apoint Papademos as PM once more?
    This is actually the most likely scenario. No party will have enough votes to govern by itself. A coalition of ND and PASOK is inevitable and because none will accept each other's leader to take over, they'll appoint Papademos once again. Papademos himself hasn't denied the scenario that has him, staying in politics.
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitn View Post
    Greece has always been ruled by idiots, I see no reason to break that chain.

Maced0n's Avatar Domesticus

Compared to other Balkan rulers, Greek ones were quite successful.

This is actually the most likely scenario. No party will have enough votes to govern by itself. A coalition of ND and PASOK is inevitable and because none will accept each other's leader to take over, they'll appoint Papademos once again. Papademos himself hasn't denied the scenario that has him, staying in politics.
    I hope to God no, I don't see how democratic it is to vote for a party and then have it appoint a PM completely irrelevant to what you voted and without been asked. If ND and PASOK say so before the elections I am fine with it though I don't trust Papadimos at all with any national issue
    Gems of TWC:

Civitate

I hope to God no, I don't see how democratic it is to vote for a party and then have it appoint a PM completely irrelevant to what you voted and without been asked. If ND and PASOK say so before the elections I am fine with it though I don't trust Papadimos at all with any national issue
    Then, people have the choice of voting for something that will not bring Papadimos once again in power. The funny thing with this mess is that if you vote for ND you'll bring PASOK to power, together with the former and if you vote for PASOK it'll also be the same as voting for ND. There are no ideologies anymore.

Let's vote the Greek Pirates for a free internet...at least I will be able to download movies. If I can afford Internet
    Gems of TWC:

Today, Iran declared she halted oil exports to Greece due to unpaid debts and EU decision.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf