Thread: Euro Crisis

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Greek default this year

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    You can call it whatever you want. Partial default, structured default, organized default. The fact is that default occurs when a country is unable to pay its loans and running costs. Such as what happened to Greece. And the effects are obvious as well. We are a European/IMF colony, nothing more. They drain whatever resources we have left.
    Because we were a sovereign and independent country which made its own decisions before.

Hell, I have no problem with being a European/IMF colony if it helps get rid of all our corrupt and useless public and military sector.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Source on property?

You mean the taxes that are needed to fund a state, but of which you have to less, so others are being "drained" to make up the difference? That its the commoner picking up the tab, is a problem all over, and due to things I have explained earlier in this thread.

Whats the etc?
    Source? The second bailout package. According to it, we have to sell public property such as communications, electricity and so on. And don't forget that Greece is still generating billions every year. You gave us some billions in order not to default (theoretically because practically we have already defaulted) and you will get it back with what, 6% interest? I can't see why you're concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Stavroforon View Post
    Because we were a sovereign and independent country which made its own decisions before.

Hell, I have no problem with being a European/IMF colony if it helps get rid of all our corrupt and useless public and military sector.
    Because it did get us rid of all those things.
    Last edited by Manuel I Komnenos; April 07, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Comes Domesticorum

Because it did get us rid of all those things.
    Hopefully they will.

Civitate

Hopefully they will.
    Sure. Because the IMF/Europe's concern is to create a sustainable, incorruptible state of welfare and politicians who are bribed by Siemens and ThyssenGroup must be eradicated as they don't promote Germany's interests.

Made me laugh.
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."

Comes Domesticorum

Sure. Because the IMF/Europe's concern is to create a sustainable, incorruptible state of welfare and politicians who are bribed by Siemens and ThyssenGroup must be eradicated as they don't promote Germany's interests.

Made me laugh.
    No, but getting rid of a bureaucratic mess which spends much more than it can only makes sense. A drastic reduction in public and military spending is something that would be done if we were a true colony.

Comes Limitis

Source? The second bailout package. According to it, we have to sell public property such as communications, electricity and so on. And don't forget that Greece is still generating billions every year. You gave us some billions in order not to default (theoretically because practically we have already defaulted) and you will get it back with what, 6% interest? I can't see why you're concerned.
    zimbabwe also generates billions

source on the actual money raised and the buyers, so we can see if its a Eurozone masterplan to milk greece.

id rather be worried about the capital flight "draining" you dry, than the investments coming in.

im all for stuff like Helpe gas stations etc, I wish we had stuff of the sort in Germany, but we dont, because we live in this sick paradigme a bit longer, and if you then default and go dragma, good luck importing the oil Helpe sells.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

I like how Manuel is still defending greece's shameful economic behavior and wishing for it to continue in that failure of a direction.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

You gave us some billions in order not to default (theoretically because practically we have already defaulted) and you will get it back with what, 6% interest? I can't see why you're concerned.
    Ehh... what? They gave us some billions with like 4% interest for 10 years, then extended it to 30 years and cut down 70% of the debt. I.e. they lost untold billions on us. Their inflation is like 3-3.5% I.e. there's no way they will get back even half the money they loaned us.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

What do you mean? Greece defaulted. That's at least what I call it when a state erases its debt because it can't pay it back.
    What happened was a charity case. Default has a different consequences.
    The Armenian Issue

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I like how Manuel is still defending greece's shameful economic behavior and wishing for it to continue in that failure of a direction.
    What are you trying to say? What did I defend?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Ehh... what? They gave us some billions with like 4% interest for 10 years, then extended it to 30 years and cut down 70% of the debt. I.e. they lost untold billions on us. Their inflation is like 3-3.5% I.e. there's no way they will get back even half the money they loaned us.
    So, let me get this straight. Before the package: Greece would technically default on its debt by 100% chance and nobody would receive a cent from what it was owed. What happened now? The interest and the time was tweaked in order to allow Greece to repay most of its debt. That means that with option 1 they'd receive a big pile of while in the 2nd they have won plenty of money. Get your facts straight mate. I don't want you to vote for PASOK thinking that they did a good job by striking this deal. What people need to understand is that who wins and who loses is based on the situation that each party finds itself in. Right now, in the mess that Greece is in, it's a victory to even get 30% of what you loaned to Greece (again theoretically because given the +-4% interest which is very high considering that it's a bailout package that will last for 10 years and the high interest these loans had been receiving since they were taken before +-10 years the original owner has already amassed multiple times what he loaned).

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkLordSeth View Post
    What happened was a charity case. Default has a different consequences.
    No. There's no charity between states.
    Last edited by Manuel I Komnenos; April 07, 2012 at 12:34 PM.

Comes Domesticorum

But how will we defend our rocks, Manuel? How?

Civitate

But how will we defend our rocks, Manuel? How?
    We shouldn't. Sell all our Leopards to Turkey already.

No. There's no charity between states.
    That's what I thought before the Greek crisis. Cutting down debt with no consequences is a charity case. Greece is basically getting a scholarship.
    The Armenian Issue

Civitate

That's what I thought before the Greek crisis. Cutting down debt with no consequences is a charity case. Greece is basically getting a scholarship.
    Again, you fail to grasp how cutting the Greek debt is the only way anyone is going to see his money again.

Comes Limitis

Its being cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Again, you fail to grasp how cutting the Greek debt is the only way anyone is going to see his money again.
    Which is way less than what they normally should have get. Default is still worse than that. For me to fail grasping that fact that fact needs to be relevant. It's not.
    The Armenian Issue

Civitate

Which is way less than what they normally should have get. Default is still worse than that. For me to fail grasping that fact that fact needs to be relevant. It's not.
    Sure, but 'normally' cannot really describe the current situation. Greece cannot receive more loans so the state cannot fund its past loans anymore. Let's say that you owe me 10.000 euros. Do I kill you (default) or make sure that you'll at least be able to return part of the loan (cut the debt)? It's the same thing and the second choice is the most profitable. It's down to me to decide whether loaning you money is a sane option (there's always a risk) and down to you to return the loan. So, in this case, both Greece and the markets are to blame.

Sure, but 'normally' cannot really describe the current situation. Greece cannot receive more loans so the state cannot fund its past loans anymore. Let's say that you owe me 10.000 euros. Do I kill you (default) or make sure that you'll at least be able to return part of the loan (cut the debt)? It's the same thing and the second choice is the most profitable. It's down to me to decide whether loaning you money is a sane option (there's always a risk) and down to you to return the loan. So, in this case, both Greece and the markets are to blame.
    Which makes a charity case.
    The Armenian Issue

Civitate

Which makes a charity case.
    No, it's not. It would have been charity if Eurozone gave a loan to Greece with 0% interest and erased all her debt. But yeah, there's no charity between states. There's profit. Sometimes it's big, others it's small.

No, it's not. It would have been charity if Eurozone gave a loan to Greece with 0% interest and erased all her debt. But yeah, there's no charity between states. There's profit. Sometimes it's big, others it's small.
    A charity doesn't mean all the debt is cut. You're just arguing against my choice of words because it's condescending.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; April 07, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
    The Armenian Issue