Thread: Need help with AI

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Need help with AI

Hello all,
    I am developing a mod for M2TW:K and I am having some problems with the AI.
    In the mod there are eleven factions (2 of them Islamic and the rest Catholic with one papal faction).
    The problem is that the catholic factions attacks each others, and I want avoid this. I mean, all the factions with the same religion should work together to defeat the islamic factions (which are very powerful). But for some reason, the pope starts attacking everyone, even if the target faction is making a crusade.
    I have tried to modify the AI several times, but it is a hell for me, because most of the times the AI acts randomly.
    Could anyone give me some tips to fix this, or perhaps anyone wants to join our team to edit this great AI so it can fit to our mod? Please, we need help

Here you have some links to our forum:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=398694
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sunder...the-witch-king

Thank you very much,
    Kolwen.

Default Re: Need help with AI

Get Archaon's Loyal Allies Mod and get them to start out allied, with Military Access and top relations.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Oh... that was a good tip. I have made my own AI using the Archaon's one as example and it seems to work pretty good.
    It needs more testing, but I am sure that they are more friendly now.
    Thank you k/t.
    +rep!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

There is a lot more to it than just the starting relations, way more... but it is a good place to start.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix