Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (30/11)

If I could Rep you again Husserl, I would.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Well, I downloaded the EasyEsf, Installed it and it works. However, the Hybrid Startpos I made doesn't work properly.
    When I opened it with ESF editor, I saw that although saved as "Startpos.esf" it goes as:
    "CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME" in the first tier, instead of "CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS". Perhaps that's the problem

Do I need the vanila ESF? And if yes, I don't have it, I only have the Darthmod ESF.

So again, if someone could help me with this or tell me what to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Can some of you make (pretty please) a Hybrid startpos from this:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21050244/Save1732.rar
    and upload it?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

I did managed to edit my hybrid without any problems, saved game after 5 turn also using mods so maybe you should get vanilla startpos and try it.To do that: delete (or better cut/paste to other folder) your current startpos, let steam scan your ETW files- that way new (vanilla) startpos will be generated

Actually, now I have another problem. I made the ESF using esfeditor finally, but now, when I make changes to the ESF (changing goverments and major factions) using the easyesf... they're not saved.

I did press "Start" at the beginning, did the changes and then "build esf" in the end. Did I do something wrong?

Did you use top menus or did you use bottom "faction" button?

bottom faction menu, why?

I seem to get CTD when using top menus, get better results with botom buttons

My problem is that the changes are not saved. I'll try with the top buttons.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Does this edit save games the way that ETW's ESF editor did?

My problem is that the changes are not saved. I'll try with the top buttons.
    Remember to check the copy of the output startpos.esf in EasyEsf directory to see if the problem is with saving the changes or -more likely- with copying it in final destination (Esf Folder).

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Arthur Dent♔ View Post
    Does this edit save games the way that ETW's ESF editor did?
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Remember to check the copy of the output startpos.esf in EasyEsf directory to see if the problem is with saving the changes or -more likely- with copying it in final destination (Esf Folder).
    The copy in the ESF folder of EasyEsf tools is unmodified. I don't know if it saves the product in some other place. If it does and the one in the directory is the copy of the original... well, that could explain the problem.

Yes it does.
    Really? How if I may ask? You place the savegame in the folder and make the changes?

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Frankly, I've tried to use this, and it makes no sense. I don't really find this easy at all, and I'll now continue to use ESF Editor 1.4.5.

The copy in the ESF folder of EasyEsf tools is unmodified. I don't know if it saves the product in some other place. If it does and the one in the directory is the copy of the original... well, that could explain the problem.
    The output file is created first in <EasyEsf> directory under the name ...\EasyEsf for ETW\startpos.esf, what ever was the input name of it. Then it is copied automatically in ...\EasyEsf for ETW\Esf Folder\ as the original name it had the input file. Perhaps your OS does not allowed this coping (this damn UAC) that is why I suggested to take a look at ...\EasyEsf for ETW\startpos.esf to see if this is the case. Anyway send a PM to talk in Greek.

Really? How if I may ask? You place the savegame in the folder and make the changes?
    Yes, just like that.

H Con's Avatar Senator

Why is the hybrid startpos.esf 10 megabytes smaller than the non-hybrid esf it was made from?
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

That is normal and has no effect in campaign.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

When i try to use it with a napoleon esf fil in you ntw version i get a error message that says my esf file are to small, under 100 byte, when i can see that the fil i have put in the esf folder is over 31000 bytes??

H Con's Avatar Senator

Aaargh! I follow the tutorial to make an emergent faction playable, but it just won't work!

Use the add slots function to turn Christiania into a five slot city. No errors reported.

Make Norway playable using your exact instruction, start game, buy Norway, save game. No errors reported.

Make a hybrid esf. No errors reported.

Remove 500,000 money from Denmark. Now the game crashes once I start a Norway campaign.

Why does this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    When i try to use it with a napoleon esf fil in you ntw version i get a error message that says my esf file are to small, under 100 byte, when i can see that the fil i have put in the esf folder is over 31000 bytes??
    It says 100 kilobyte, 102400 bytes
    Last edited by H Con; December 12, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
    *dust settles*

Quote Originally Posted by Sixt View Post
    For some reason your esf probably is not copied from Esf Folder to main program folder so the conversion can be started. So it cannot find any file (0 bytes). The usual reason for that is that damn UAC of your OS (Vista?)...

To check that after the error message go in main folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyEsf for ETW\) and see if there is a startpos.esf file present. If not copy it manually from C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyEsf for ETW\Esf Folder\ and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by H Con View Post
    Aaargh! I follow the tutorial to make an emergent faction playable, but it just won't work!

Use the add slots function to turn Christiania into a five slot city. No errors reported.

Make Norway playable using your exact instruction, start game, buy Norway, save game. No errors reported.

Make a hybrid esf. No errors reported.

Remove 500,000 money from Denmark. Now the game crashes once I start a Norway campaign.

Why does this happen?
    So previous changes where o.k. and your startpos worked but after changing back Denmark's treasury you met CTD? Have you kept a copy of a good startpos before that?

H Con's Avatar Senator

So previous changes where o.k. and your startpos worked but after changing back Denmark's treasury you met CTD? Have you kept a copy of a good startpos before that?
    Yeah, got it here, if you want to have a look at it.

EDIT: Addes regions.esf.
    Last edited by H Con; December 13, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
    *dust settles*

Scotty1207's Avatar Civis

amazing, just amazing