Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Default Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (31/10)

Got some problems with the tool.

Whenever I click START with a startpost in the ESF-folder this appears "Esf Conversion has failed. Please exit and start again" followed by "Success!"

When I try to access some of the modding areas this box opens "Modding is about to start. Proceed?" I click "yes" and this brings up this box "Esf Conversion has failed. Please exit and start again" followed by TWO "Success!" messages..

And in all modding areas there is no regions nor factions displayed and constant error-messages keep coming up..

This is exactly why I asked if this would come out of Betamood.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorianVictory View Post
    Whenever I click START with a startpost in the ESF-folder this appears "Esf Conversion has failed. Please exit and start again" followed by "Success!"

This is exactly why I asked if this would come out of Betamood.
    Latest version is not a beta and includes all the software you need (jRuby, converters and EasyEsf). Except of a couple minors problems reported, the tool works fine. You have basic problems with the conversion esf2xml which is a precondition for running properly EasyEsf. Did you follow the instructions during installation? Did you install jRuby when you were prompted?

Correction on adding/editing units. Editing units, swapping cavalry for infantry etc works just fine

Adding units in a bit tricky. Once set unit button is pressed that message comes:

and no more units can be added to the same army at this time, unit does appears on campaign map once ESF is rebuilt.I have not tried to add custom units but I guess it will be no problem.Will post results

After you finish adding first unit, just reselect the army (actually the character) so it can be updated with new unit and you are good to go. You can add as many units as you like just every time reselect the army before continue. You do not have to click on Set Unit (it is not a problem if you do so though), unless you want to make additional changes on that unit.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Brilliant work, HusserlTW. I've just discovered it and hopefully soon enough I'll put it to good use. Waiting for the NTW version though...
    Cheers,
    Last edited by Sotericus; November 30, 2011 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Latest version is not a beta and includes all the software you need (jRuby, converters and EasyEsf). Except of a couple minors problems reported, the tool works fine. You have basic problems with the conversion esf2xml which is a precondition for running properly EasyEsf. Did you follow the instructions during installation? Did you install jRuby when you were prompted?
    Ofc I did followed the installation correctly. ^^
    Jruby got installed when I pressed the install-button, right? It would be strange if it requires more as you first post didn't say anything about the jruby other than installing it when installing the esfeditor.

Default Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (30/11)

UPDATE: EasyEsf has been updated in version 1.1.

Hi. I would like to know how to remove buildings from regions. More specifically, the tradable resources buildings. Say I want to remove the fur market in Tatariya, how do I go about doing that?
    Another question: is tax level in one of the esf files? Because there's a tax level db file in main.pack, ranging from extortionate at 25% to minimal at 5%. I made a new pack file with modified values, using the standard procedures, but no effect take place in-game which makes me think that tax level could also be related to the esf files.

GAIUS GERMANICUS CAESAR's Avatar Libertus

I take it, that the NTW part of the tool is in a early beta state right now?

btw Thanks for such a great tool!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get a dog to eat a dog

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by seamus2008 View Post
    Hi. I would like to know how to remove buildings from regions.
    You cannot.
    Another question: is tax level in one of the esf files?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by GAIUS GERMANICUS CAESAR View Post
    I take it, that the NTW part of the tool is in a early beta state right now?

btw Thanks for such a great tool!
    It is full official release.

You cannot.
    Well, you can add towns to a region, why can't you remove one?

Thats error message I get after adding new units to existing armies, tried several times to rebuilt esf but no luck. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by seamus2008 View Post
    Well, you can add towns to a region, why can't you remove one?
    Nobody can add towns in a region.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Thats error message I get after adding new units to existing armies, tried several times to rebuilt esf but no luck. Any ideas?
    This message means that there is entered an illegal value and one or more xml was corrupted. Try from FACTION page ans see what is happening.

EDIT: Just test it and individual Armies & Navies works fine (added 3 ships in a US captain). Make sure you do not leave blank the names for Commander end Ship, even if you do not wish to add them a name (type at least one character). What you type there will not be actually shown in game if you do not edit localisation.loc file. But it is important for xml structure.

Last edited by husserlTW; December 02, 2011 at 07:05 AM.

I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere.
    Okay, how about this? Can you change the yield on the resources? As in changing a particular plantation from high yield to low yield and vice versa?
    Because then I can go to the db tables and make the low yield ones give 0 units, which basically is removing it
    Last edited by seamus2008; December 02, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

To install Jruby, I have to have x64 Java, while I have a 32bit browser. What should I do?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

alhoon - get the 64 bit

hip63

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    To install Jruby, I have to have x64 Java, while I have a 32bit browser. What should I do?
    I think Java x32 is enough (You do not need JDK-Java Development Kit).
    Last edited by husserlTW; December 03, 2011 at 06:16 AM.

HusserlTW, do I understand correctly: in that EasyESF would not allow me to edit one of your startpos.esfs included in Napoleon Total Factions - since it requires a vanilla startpos.esf? That seems to be the case, unfortunately, but it is a shame because I would like to add my mod on top of yours, as mentioned.

When I try to edit the region slots for Switzerland in the startpos.esf included in the "1" folder of NTF (last downloaded in Summer, I think), then no slots can be viewed and I get an error starting with "Error: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)". This happens e.g. with Switzerland, Sweden and Portugal, but I can view the region slots for Austria with no problem.

I was only able to view the region slots for Switzerland with the vanilla nap_europe startpos.esf.

Is there a solution for adding to mods that have already been undertaken?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

I think Java x32 is enough (You do not need JDK-Java Development Kit).
    Actually, it doesn't allow me to install Jruby without Javax64. So in my Win XP computer, I can't do anything.

Can some of you make (pretty please) a Hybrid startpos from this:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21050244/Save1732.rar

and upload it?
    Last edited by alhoon; December 03, 2011 at 09:39 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

This is not correct. You need the Java version your OS is (x32 or x64). So download and install Java x32.

In EasyEsf Suite both jRuby x32 and x64 are included. Installer recognises automatically what OS you have and installs the right version. If that fails for you download and install JRuby x32.
    Last edited by husserlTW; December 03, 2011 at 10:15 AM.