Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Default Re: EasyEsf 0.1.3 - Completed Beta - (23/10)

i forgot to add that i delete all victory conditions for all countries. I just delete cities that needs to be conquered, but this way or another all VC disappears

i can't turn for eg. Courland playable bcoz if i change page and get back to Courland it's still non playable

Damn, game crashes while i try to launch a campaign after i unlocked all factions except those emergent

Husserl did u tried to edit anything by easyesf and launching game?
    Last edited by Argonius; October 25, 2011 at 01:01 PM.

Read again my previous post and send me the files.

2h1t, i was about to upload that file and i accidently deleted it :x

i think that problem was bcoz of my corrupted startpos.esf cuz if i tried to change starting money through esf editor it gave me errors...if u can send me clear vanilla startpos.esf i would be thankful
    i'mnot in mood for steam checking again etw files validation ;/
    Last edited by Argonius; October 25, 2011 at 03:35 PM.

When i load up a region, it has a bunch of - - (emergent) entries, as well as duplicate entries for the actual entries like towns and such.

Also, when i try to make a emergent port or town into something it doesn't show up on the campaign map. This might have something to do with the regions being bugged out.

I'm going to try to make a change to existing buildings and see if it shows up.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Well done and keep up the good work. Congrats to an even better Easy Esf Husser1TW.

I wish I could rep you but no I can't. Anyway that was an easy update wasn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursisanafou View Post
    When i load up a region, it has a bunch of - - (emergent) entries, as well as duplicate entries for the actual entries like towns and such.

Also, when i try to make a emergent port or town into something it doesn't show up on the campaign map. This might have something to do with the regions being bugged out.

I'm going to try to make a change to existing buildings and see if it shows up.
    Do you use a vanilla startpos or a previous modded one? Can you post a screenshot of EasyEsf?

EDIT: I made a test after your post. In next image is Croatia:

I cannot see any double entries. There are few emergent towns and ports but they are all different slots. I activated Zadar and...

...I've met no problems as you can see above.
    Last edited by husserlTW; October 26, 2011 at 05:23 AM.

I might have been using a modified startpos, i still had files left over since i uninstalled ETW last. I might try again some time. But for now i'm kinda finished with ETW.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Great tool! How is the final release coming?
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Default Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (31/10)

UPDATE: First release of Easy Esf For ETW

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Thank you! You did a great job on this tool. Very professional.
    +rep
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Icon5 Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (31/10)

I'm having a problem with the tool.

The modding is all fine, but the program is refusing to rebuild the ESF file.

I started with an unmodded Startpos, so that shouldn't be the issue. When I try to rebuild the ESF, the program finishes in mere seconds, tells me the ESF is ready to be used and opens the folder.

Problem is, the file is not changed at all...it's the same file that I put into the ESF folder with no modifications done.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance.

If it takes only some secs probably the rebuild is not o.k. In any case the rebuild file is in programs directory (and from there it is copied in <programs directory>\Esf folder), so take a look there as well.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

I am having the same problem as Kartaugh, only with Shogun 2 Converter. The problem:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    This tool is down-right great. Unit variant files to .txt and back again work perfectly for me.

I am, however, having some trouble with recompiling XML's back into the ESF. Here's what happens:
    -I choose the "Esf 2 Xml" button and select the .esf file from one of my HDD's.
    -After a few seconds, the decompiling completes.
    -I go into the "victory_conditions" folder and open up "mori.xml" (So far I have used Notepad, Wordpad and Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express)
    -I make a little tweak: in each instance of "<str_ary>" which clearly lists region ID's, I replace "jap_aki" with "jap_kii". The latter is a valid RegionID.
    -I save the tweaked XML file.
    -I bring back Shogun 2 Converter and select "Xml 2 Esf".
    -There is a far less wait. If I leave a startpos.esf in the "ESF" folder, it asks me if I want to replace it. In the cases where I have left a startpos.esf in the folder, I accept.
    -The startpos.esf change does not kick in upon re-decompiling/looking at the "mori.xml" file and starting up Shogun 2 with the .esf in a "movie" .pack file.

This end result has happened many times, without actual success.

I should note that I have, in the past hour, updated Java, and already have JRuby and have run "install_fastercsv.bat" and "install_nokogiri.bat".

I have not tried the four remaining conversion options, but Var2Txt and Txt2Var has worked perfectly for me many times.

...help?
    I also tried this again on a second computer, and the same thing happens. No problem decompiling. Putting it together, however, remains a problem.

I know you aren't so inclined to support S2 modding, and I respect that, but I'm thinking this isn't a problem that is limited to S2, given the problem described by Kartaugh.
    Last edited by Akaie; November 02, 2011 at 11:50 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    I am having the same problem as Kartaugh, only with Shogun 2 Converter.
    I have to say that I use almost daily S2 without problems but I have some time to use it with shogun files. The case is the same and it looks like an illegal entry in xml which xml2esf does not recognize and fails. Or converter has a problem with shogun files if the game has been updated lately and Taw needs to update his tool as well. To be sure I suggest do the following:

Have Taw's converter ready in a folder. Then go to S2 and after failing take XML folder from Shogun2 Converter\ESF directory and place it in Taw's folder. Open a cmd window and execute xml2esf command. But it is better to do it with a batch file and check for any errors message. So open Notepad and copy:

Code:
    @echo off

jruby xml2esf XML startpos.esf

pause

exit
    Save it as a batch file in Taw's folder and execute it. Then you'll know...

EDIT: If it works manually then perhaps you have to update S2. Copy all content from Taw's folder in Shogun2 Converter\ESF overwriting the old files.

EDT 2: I think that I had not understand correctly your problem. Are you saying that after your changes in xml file, xml2esf completes the process and the output startpos is a valid file, has the right size and it is loaded by the game without CTD but your change is not there?
    Last edited by husserlTW; November 02, 2011 at 06:37 PM.

Icon14 Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (31/10)

That was all on me...I forgot to reinstall Nokogiri.

All working now, props for the tool btw!

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    EDT 2: I think that I had not understand correctly your problem. Are you saying that after your changes in xml file, xml2esf completes the process and the output startpos is a valid file, has the right size and it is loaded by the game without CTD but your change is not there?
    Yes. The tool copies over a "startpos.esf" to the "ESF" folder. The thing is, it is identical to the "startpos.esf" I told it to convert to a bunch of XMLs. The "date modified" date is the same, so it would seem it is simply cloning the original.

The "startpos.esf" for Shogun 2 has been updated a few times, the most recent being the last major patch that accompanied the Rise of the Samurai campaign data.

There was one thing I found a bit odd, though. Using EsfEditor 1.4.6, the place in the N:TW "startpos.esf" files where the victory condition RegionID's are listed is not there in Shogun 2's "startpos.esf". Considering that is what I am changing, the failed conversion might stem from the beefed up protection of the file.

I'll try using your EasyESF tool with the E:TW startpos.esf, and if I have success, I will both bang my head against the wall and start considering modding older TW games .

Thanks for getting back to me .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Icon10 Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (31/10)

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    UPDATE: First release of Easy Esf For ETW
    Thanks for update mate.

Excellent, congrats husserl; hope the community will put this valuable tool to good use.

Can this be used with Napoleon as well?

Hello, I love the easier way to modify Startpos however I am having an issue when trying to get to the region/add new slots. It converts the Startpos but at the end it says it doesn't have the source file.

Here are some screen shots of what I mean

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I tried with a modified Startpos and the original Startpos and get the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Excellent, congrats husserl; hope the community will put this valuable tool to good use.

Can this be used with Napoleon as well?
    I am working on the Napoleon version.

Quote Originally Posted by Cborg1700 View Post
    Hello, I love the easier way to modify Startpos however I am having an issue when trying to get to the region/add new slots. It converts the Startpos but at the end it says it doesn't have the source file.
    Are you copying both startpos.esf and regions.esf files in Esf Folder?
    Last edited by husserlTW; November 04, 2011 at 03:56 AM.