Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: EasyEsf (beta) - 0.1.2 (08/10) Plus New Startpos Breakthrough: add units to armies and navies

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    So you can work on Techs from FACTION page but not individually from menu, Faction?
    Yes, that is correct. I was also able to successfully edit one of my save games and that was most impressive!
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Default Re: EasyEsf 0.1.3 (23/10 Beta Completed)

UPDATE: EasyEsf has been updated in 0.1.3 beta.

This is the last part with Region's modifications. I'll wait a few days for possible problems while polishing it for the first official release. Then I'll proceed for Napoleon's version.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: EasyEsf 0.1.3 - Completed Beta - (23/10)

awesome

+ rep

hip63

Hector Barbossa's Avatar Avast Ye Lubbers

Great stuff +Rep to you.

1. will similiar tool be available to shogun 2?

2. Is it/will be possible to change region owner?

best
    S

Sorry, the answer for both is no. The only way to change region owner is by making a hybrid startpos. Shogun was made by CA very unfriendly for the modders, so for the moment I do not like to support it.

that's not good...but thnx for answer and for this awesome tool

i think that tool doesn't save changes made to startpos...
    i always press "Save changes" after modding and after finishing i press rebuild

Am i doing somethin' wrong?
    Last edited by Argonius; October 24, 2011 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    i always press "Save changes" after modding and after finishing i press rebuild

Am i doing somethin' wrong?
    What are these changes?

adding a little bit more money to all countries
    making some of them playable

IMPORTANT: An important folder is missing from 0.1.3 version . Please create a blank folder called ESF in EasyEsf directory. Now it should be like this:

Sorry folks...

MaradoX-'s Avatar Libertus

Hmm everytime I go to the download page, I get this error:

Multiple Content-Disposition headers received. This is disallowed to protect against HTTP response splitting attacks.
    Divide and conquer...

the changes which was made by me are not implemented into game? What the heck? What i'm doing wrong? It seems i'mnot the only one with this problem. What am i doing wrong?

This how i roll with easyesf
    1. i put startpos.esf into ESF folder
    2. i press start
    3. i change emergont port into trading_port > change type > SET
    4. i change starting money for Austria and set faction changes i change starting money for Russia and set faction changes
    5. i go into campaign and change starting date into for instance 1720 and set campain changes
    6. now main page and i press build esf

Anyways i'm saving every changes i made...

What am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Argonius View Post
    the changes which was made by me are not implemented into game? What the heck? What i'm doing wrong? It seems i'mnot the only one with this problem. What am i doing wrong?

This how i roll with easyesf
    1. i put startpos.esf into ESF folder
    2. i press start
    3. i change emergont port into trading_port > change type > SET
    4. i change starting money for Austria and set faction changes i change starting money for Russia and set faction changes
    5. i go into campaign and change starting date into for instance 1720 and set campain changes
    6. now main page and i press build esf

Anyways i'm saving every changes i made...

What am i doing wrong?
    Nobody else has reported such problem. Make sure that you start the program as administrator (right cick then Run as Admin) because it creates, copies and deletes several xml files during modifications.

You do not seem to do anything wrong but if you do not get any error message then you should have changes done. Also make sure that your new startpos is copied back in <EasyEsf directory>\ESF folder from <EasyEsf directory> (check both files to see which one is newer).

is it possible to make saving easier? Just with one click?
    Why EasyEsf is converting esf file so long?

I think there's a problem with unlocking factions, cuz after i made playable some nations like Bavaria, Portugal, i coudn't start a new game, game stucks at main menu after i click "Grand Campaign"

Well, actually i dunno what causes this problem but i know that bcoz of modified startpos via EasyEsf
    Last edited by Argonius; October 24, 2011 at 05:02 PM.

Nobody else has reported such problem. Make sure that you start the program as administrator (right cick then Run as Admin) because it creates, copies and deletes several xml files during modifications.

You do not seem to do anything wrong but if you do not get any error message then you should have changes done. Also make sure that your new startpos is copied back in <EasyEsf directory>\ESF folder from <EasyEsf directory> (check both files to see which one is newer).
    Could you upload it also somewhere else?
    Because this downloadlink in the first post keeps giving me the same error over and over again.
    Divide and conquer...

Quote Originally Posted by Argonius View Post
    is it possible to make saving easier? Just with one click?
    Why EasyEsf is converting esf file so long?
    Saving changes is a matter of one second. Rebuilding file time is another story. Well I cannot do anything about it but it would not heart if you apply your request to Taw who has made converters. Perhaps he could make them faster: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=392712

I think there's a problem with unlocking factions, cuz after i made playable some nations like Bavaria, Portugal, i coudn't start a new game, game stucks at main menu after i click "Grand Campaign"

Well, actually i dunno what causes this problem but i know that bcoz of modified startpos via EasyEsf
    I've tested your changes (I made 10 factions playable in the same session) and I found no problem in making a faction playable. There was a secondary issue that EasyEsf could not "see" if a faction was playable or not, but that did not affect the modification. Try to make only non playable to playable and no other changes, and test again.

Quote Originally Posted by MaradoX- View Post
    Could you upload it also somewhere else?
    Because this downloadlink in the first post keeps giving me the same error over and over again.
    This problem has probably to do with your connection (firewall?). There is no point to upload it again, since very soon I'll upload the official version.

Saving changes is a matter of one second. Rebuilding file time is another story. Well I cannot do anything about it but it would not heart if you apply your request to Taw who has made converters. Perhaps he could make them faster: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=392712

I've tested your changes (I made 10 factions playable in the same session) and I found no problem in making a faction playable. There was a secondary issue that EasyEsf could not "see" if a faction was playable or not, but that did not affect the modification. Try to make only non playable to playable and no other changes, and test again.

This problem has probably to do with your connection (firewall?). There is no point to upload it again, since very soon I'll upload the official version.
    Even without any firewall up I can't get through >.<
    Divide and conquer...

@Maradox
    i'm sure ur problem is bcoz of ur internet connection coz i can download easyesf without any problems...

@Husserl
    Could u make those changes in ur esf and check if everything is ok?
    1. more starting money to all factions even those emergent
    2. unlocking all except emergent
    3. set starting date to 1720
    4. unlocking emergent port in Gdynia to trade_port or stuff like that

i also made Light infantry doctrine as discovered and i dunno if this caused problems

Thxn in advance

All these changes can be done safely. Are you sure you do not mess by mistake with any emergent? Try also this: start making the changes you say but first try 1. and test. Then 2. and test and so own. When you have a ctd, zip XML folder that is located in your <EasyEsf directory> and the startpos.esf with the problem, upload them to a free server (GameFront, Mediafire, etc.) and post here the link so I can check them.

Amazing, husserl! I'm looking forward to the Napoleon version; looks like I will be able to use it to make all the changes I need to my Switzerland mod. +rep