Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Default Re: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

I managed to accomplish a lot of changes in startpos and region.esf. I even finished a game with France with a lot of modifications. But yesterday I encountered 2 strange bugs and I would really appreciate feedback from those who know better working with the tool.

1. I wanted to give the prestige buildings for the major states from the very beginning. Why? Let's just say that in my numerous hours of playing different factions, I observed that very few reach to develop their prestige buildings. By trial and error I discovered that if you add the Mosque in Istanbul the game crashes when loading the game, no matter faction you choose to play.

2. I really wanted to give Denmark a 5 slot city. if I choose to play any other faction, the game works with 5slot Copenhagen. If I choose to play Denmark, the game crashes when loading a saved game. If I leave Copenhagen a 4 slot city the game works just fine.

PS I play the latest TROM 1.7 with Ornamentum.

Thanks for creating this tool. I, however, have a problem using it. I get an error when I click start and cannot even begin to use the tool. I have downloaded and installed more then once and I still get this error when start is used. I would much appreciate it for the assistance.

where can i find the java.exe for the ruby thing cause i think thats stopping me using this tool?

i wich things were easy to use lol

when modding is about to start (say on campaign date) i get conversion has failed then success then sometimes i get error bla bla line 10:Argument 1 must be of type table. then more bla bla

Hey guys, a nasty hardware failure costed me a modding blockade for sometime. It is impossible to read the hundreds of posts and messages of this time period so please re-post/re-send it if your issue is still active.

LCpl Doul's Avatar Laetus

Hi, so everything working here without error until I load the game. I've made the following changes:

Portugal to Major, Playable, Maritime Progressive and about 30000 to help ward off the subsequent sieges of Goa.
    TPY = 4
    Start date = 1675
    Unit Size Multiplier = 1.4

The ESF built takes about a second, which seems to fast compared to previous use of this brilliant tool. Also I note the file presented has not changed in terms of size or modification date. Something is not right.... have you any pointers? Thanks.

JuanValde's Avatar Laetus

First off, Thanks for all the modding help!

I am able to play as Colombia based of the startpos.esf tutorials from: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139

I was trying to make the following mods: Bogota into a major city with 4 slots, and Medelin active with a college.
    When ever I run EasyEsf I get the following problem:

I have Ruby installed, and I have ran the nokogirl. batch file, and I am using a vanilla startpos file. I have seen other people with this issue, but didnt notice any solutions.

Issue Solved! As I figured it was due to Ruby not installing because it couldnt find java (even though it was installed), I was able to find a ruby installer.exe and that worked around the problem.

But a new problem came up , I was trying to make Bogota a major city with esfEditor, but got lost after the .xml changes (step 7 ). So while trying to do it with EasyEsf I found that the program will not let me have the startpos.esf AND the region.esf in the ESF folder at the same time. But if I try adding slots it get a "source file not found" error. I know I am doing something wrong just dont know what .

VICTORY!!!

SOLUTION:

put the startpos.esf file in the ESF folder. Click start. I converts the file. Then copy the regions.esf file into the ESF folder. THEN click "add slots" tab under regions. I knew it was something simple

Solid work as always HusserlTW, the time you must have put into figuring this all out is NUTS

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

This program seems to not want to save my changes on savegames, any help?

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

I am still yet to figure out how to make easy esf save my changes to both startpos.esf and save games, a little help would be nice!
    -------------------
    I guess I should also ask while I am at it:

Would I be able to edit DME 8.0 with this editor without a crash? Im talking simple edits such as changing the management skill or command skill of a general, or changing a faction from being minor to major....
    Last edited by penquin11; October 02, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

it seems that easyesf doesn't make changes if i put number(first i put 2 than i put 5) in army units multiplier. Units aren't bigger nor armies.
    Last edited by Argonius; October 16, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Hi to all the experts,
    first a big thx to Husser for this great tool.

But i have a little problem. I can change and modify everything except activating an emergent town.
    As a great fan of prussia i would like to have the port of memel from the start.
    But using the created startpos means always ctd. I tried this with different startpos from DME-Mod, the Vanilla startpos and some from my own startpos, which work really fine.

Screenshot from ESF Editor

As I wrote, anything else means no problem, changing army units ....

Any idea ?

Can't you do that even in a vanilla startpos? Modded startpos may have change the structure of the file and EasyEsf is confused.

Hi.

How activate port in West Prussia in Gdynia?

Pleas help!

Higher I know.

but

How to save changes?

@Husserl or someone

i 've problem with units multiplier. I dunno what does it change, i assume this will allow to have more units in army (vide darth mod 40 unit armies saves). But when i put a value "4" in army multiplier space there is no effect in game. Yes i save and do everything which is written in instructions and esf i modded is vanilla
    Last edited by Argonius; November 10, 2012 at 02:56 PM.

It is about men/unit and not unit/army.

this way or another it does not work. I tried on clean, vanilla startpos and nothing number of men per unit is still the same

///edit, how to edit a modified startpos with Easyesf? Is there any way or i have to use esf editor?
    Last edited by Argonius; November 12, 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Great tool!
    Last edited by Petroniu; November 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
    RTWRM - back to basics