Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Default Re: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

I thought Easy ESF for NTW was for Napoleon Total War. I thought there were two of them - one for Empire and the other for Napoleon. I was trying to use the Easy ESF Editor for NTW. Is this incorrect?

Sorry I thought you were talking about Shogun. There is a Napoleon version but you should not have any problem on adding any esf or save. Just copy the file in ESF Folder and start editing.

Where do I place the copy of the saved game file? Thats been my issue. I can locate the file, I just dont know where to put it so I can modify some variables. Thank you for your assistance.

I am not sure I am follow you. I think the instructions are clear enough. Press on the small round blue button with the question mark next to "How to start?":

Those are indeed the instructions I saw and followed. Following them leads me to roughly three or four error messages though. I figured there was some trick to it that I am missing. If its not working, then am I simply out of luck?

Thank you for the answer. It worked. You are the man with this magnificent tool!

Error, could not save text file. There was a problem in preparing esf file, please try again. It seems that your file is not a valid esf since it is smaler than 100 bytes. Please replace it with a valid file.
    This is the error message I am receiving. Now I am copying the saved game file. Should I be using a different file? I know it seems I am pestering, but odds are that I am not the only person out in internetland that wants to use your program.

Ordinarius

swap positions of settlement_ordnance and army-admin in a 5-slots city would cause any kind of problem?

Lasseman's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by RexJayden View Post
    Error, could not save text file. There was a problem in preparing esf file, please try again. It seems that your file is not a valid esf since it is smaler than 100 bytes. Please replace it with a valid file.
    This is the error message I am receiving. Now I am copying the saved game file. Should I be using a different file? I know it seems I am pestering, but odds are that I am not the only person out in internetland that wants to use your program.
    I am having the exact same problem

This problem means that you have made an invalid change and/or the xml 2 esf procedure for some reason cannot be completed. Zip and post your (good) startpos and note the change you want to make.

triarri's Avatar Civis

if i click on practically anything, I get a message saying that easy esfeditor has failed, and i have placed a startpos file in the folder.

Lasseman's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    This problem means that you have made an invalid change and/or the xml 2 esf procedure for some reason cannot be completed. Zip and post your (good) startpos and note the change you want to make.
    The problem is that I couldn't even make a change. It just gave me the error message.

Do you use an already modded startpos? If yes try first a "clean" vanilla file. If you still fail:

Zip and post your (good) startpos and note the change you want to make with EasyEsf. (If you use the vanilla file there is no need t send it)

Lasseman's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Do you use an already modded startpos? If yes try first a "clean" vanilla file. If you still fail:
    I've tried to use Darthmods and La Montée de l'Empire. Those failed. A clean one seems to be working.

Default Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (15/12) Important fix for ETW version

Quote Originally Posted by Avanquest View Post
    When I install the fix 1_1_1 for etw it gives me this error "The program can't start because lua5.1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

What do I do?

Edit: Nevermind I fixed it lol! I read the instruction carefully.
    I'm facing this problem. I seem to lack reading skills to find the fix. Someone here care to help me?

I can not save my changes. What I might be omitting?.
    1 I run the program.
    2 I locate my save file in the folder ESF
    3 Click the START button.
    4 After the program indicates that the conversion was ready, I go to the menu FACTION.
    5 On this menu I go to the option CHARACTER.
    6. Then I begin to select the faction and edit some names (valid according to the file LOCALISATION) but when I am done and I give the "save changes" button nothing happens. then I click back to FACTION menú and then click "return to main menu", then click "build esf", after a few seconds to confirm the new file save, it relocated to the saved games folder but when I check in the game does not nothing has changed.

Character changes work very well. Zip, upload your save and note a character you want the name changed.

After three hours or so of banging my head against the wall, I've finally gotten this to work and I'm quite happy with the results.

It appears the issue is the download does not include the install_nokogiri.bat file and/or nokogiri is not installed with the program. Due to this, I kept having the issue of mu startpos.esf file not actually saving after changes were made (even though I had checked to make sure I had Administrative privileges and Ran as Administrator).

Running the install_nokogiri.bat you mentioned earlier in the thread seemed to clear up the issue. Hopefully this will save someone else the time and frustration I went through getting everything working.

Other than that, though, it seems to work perfectly now and I'm looking forward to thoroughly mangling my game

Cheers!

Ordinarius

there's something strange with regions changes

when I select a region I get also slots from other regions not selected

Ordinarius

doubled post
    Last edited by PietroMicca; August 05, 2012 at 11:00 AM.