Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Default Re: EasyEsf 1.0 (15/12) Important fix for ETW version

Ok sorry to pester you again but there is a slight problem with adding new units.I have mentioned it before here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post10664770, at the time your suggestion did solve the problem.Right now no matter whether using top menus or faction button similar error message appears once new unit is added to the army, when pressing error message, deselecting army and reloading it again, new unit is there, esf is rebuilt and so on.
    There are no problems with campaign map, units are ok. Did try few turns just to see what would happen but it was all ok until I tried to exit to main ETW menu I got CTD. Any ideas?

Does this have the ability to change a factions name bty?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    There are 2 reasons for a startpos rebuild failure: an illegal entry in XML which produce a corrupted file (usually 0 kb size) or limited privileges which aborts some steps of the procedure (copying files, execute a CMD command, etc.). Unfortunately the application is based on Taw's converter which is a console program. That means that EasyEsf cannot monitor conversions and catch errors (that is why windows freeze when conversion is taken place). If you faithfully follow instructions and have full privileges in running programs and in Program Files folders, then you should not have any problem.

Things are far simpler and easier in EasyLoc and the upcoming EasyDb which are full Windows apps.

Ahh I see. Thank you.
    Last edited by Avanquest; December 30, 2011 at 01:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    So the game sucks because you don't like moving around your screen. Yeah okay.

Funny G.I.F made by me.

I did few more tests - that error message when adding units seem to appear after update ee_etw_11_ntw_10, at the same time EasyESF for NTW works perfectly ok

Hello!

Great tool... I can see a lot of potential with this. However, I am having a problem... I am trying to make Virginia have a 5 slot city (by adding 4 slots), but after I finish everything up, nothing saves. I have even checked the Startpos. and Regions esfs in the main directory, but they seem to not be modded either. There are no error messages, but the changes I make just won't save.

Please help!
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    Hello!

Great tool... I can see a lot of potential with this. However, I am having a problem... I am trying to make Virginia have a 5 slot city (by adding 4 slots), but after I finish everything up, nothing saves. I have even checked the Startpos. and Regions esfs in the main directory, but they seem to not be modded either. There are no error messages, but the changes I make just won't save.

Please help!
    These problems are related with UAC and privileges matters (admin or/and folders full control).

http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-...ders-in-vista/

These problems are related with UAC and privileges matters (admin or/and folders full control).

http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-...ders-in-vista/
    I did that step by step and it didn't work (my user already had full control and "trusted user" was given no control)... I must be doing something wrong. The new .esf files have always shown up, but the edits don't...

Just to double check, This is how I add a slot, right? :

1) go to file/ESFfolder and add the original Startpos+regions file
    2) go straight to "add new slots"
    3) Find Virginia
    4) Check the boxes (Military, Navy, Culture, and Ordnance...)
    5) Go to the second box and add the buildings (Will adding a different Government building type than the one that exists in game cause the problem?)
    6)Set Startpos
    7) Set Regions
    8) Build ESF

What is wrongzzzzz???

Thnaks
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

Hellos, I've installed EasyESF and the 2 updates according to the posted instructions. Also copied over the "virgin" startpos file to the folder and it goes thru and processes it into xml for the program. However, whenever I try to do just one single simple change like austria's starting gold to 5k or turns per year to like 4 or 6, it won't apply them to the pos file at all after hitting buildesf button. Almost all the diplomacy changes I try to make return error messages but say success/complete/w.e after hitting ok.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times but to no avail. Also on winxp and only user/admin on my comp so the rights issue shouldn't be a problem.

Would really like to have some fun with this so I can strengthen ottomans/persians and not have poland allied with russia from go and put a small dent in orange tide (f^ck maratha - I take one region anywhere in the world because of any random war and I get wardec'ed by everyone else - yet maratha takes everything from india to anatolia and egypt and everyone loves them - not a single negative diplomatic modifier that matters). Only way to relatively stop them is if I play GB and refuse to trade with them to stop that flow of cash. If I play any other country, they all want to trade with maratha and give it buttloads of trade revenue w/o a thought. Can give mughal all the tech I steal/research but its the cash flow that maratha gets from everyone else from go that makes them so powerful I find.

Thinking if I set ottomans and persia to war so they atleast raid marathas trade routes until i can get an army over there then it might help.

Also finding that any ally I have winds up forming an alliance with a region/country that I have to take for my victory conditions. Like I played france recently and spain wound up allying with savoy after just a couple turns before I could get more down there w/o sacrificing defense of paris from UP/GB (kept doing it even w/ reloading of saves) Oh and spain also wardec'ed louisiana before I could get the 3 regions I needed for them to join. Yeah I do hate the protectorate missions because the npc's just auto get them w/o having to do anything to get them. Can just sit and AI turtle up and their colonies just join.

Ahh bugger, got off topic so sorry. Anyways, any help with the easyesf issues would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tak

Arghhhh this is driving me crazy lol...

My edits won't save and I have given myself FULL control for all accounts! Does this program work with Win7 x64?

Would having Jruby installed improperly cause this? (I would doubt that thats the case because I used the auto install and the editor functions fine). Also, When im editing, the changes can be seen when I switch between regions... its the process of actually saving the edits that things seem to get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Takana77 View Post
    snip
    we seem to be having the same problem with changes not being saved.

Also, I am playing the Road To Independence Chapter 4 esf. I also assume that you are using taw's "perfect esf to xml" converter. If that is the case, then does his tool require a separate x64 bit application type? Or perhaps Jruby does?
    Last edited by Pikemen; January 06, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by Takana77 View Post
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times but to no avail. Also on winxp and only user/admin on my comp so the rights issue shouldn't be a problem.
    we seem to be having the same problem with changes not being saved
    When you rebuild startpos the file is made in EasyEsf directory and then is copied in ESF folder. Every time there is a copy of the last rebuild startpos in EasyEsf directory. Check that file if it has the changes. Else do the following:

I suppose that there is an XML folder full of folders and xml files in EasyEsf directory since you can make changes and that means that esf2xml works fine. Btw check the size of XML folder. For ~65 MB startpos, it should be over 200 MB. Open notepad and add the following lines:

Code:
    jruby xml2esf XML startpos.esf

pause
    Give it a name but save it as a batch fle (.bat). Place it in EasyEsf directory (where EasyEsf.exe is located) and execute it. See if any error message is appeared in CMD window and check the startpos.esf file that will be produced in the same place.

So I guess there are no solution to problem with adding units...one question: would that have anything to do with running Esf on Windows XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    So I guess there are no solution to problem with adding units...one question: would that have anything to do with running Esf on Windows XP ?
    You guessed wrong. I've already answered here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10679253 There is no problem in adding new units.

It's not working with me. Initially I though it was for be working with a old starpos but now it's a new one and it keeps not working. What I did:

Put the starpos file into the folder, closed
    Pressed start
    Went to change date, didn't work
    Tried again this time pressing build esf and still nothing.

I've all updates and fixes.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

When you rebuild startpos the file is made in EasyEsf directory and then is copied in ESF folder. Every time there is a copy of the last rebuild startpos in EasyEsf directory. Check that file if it has the changes. Else do the following:

I suppose that there is an XML folder full of folders and xml files in EasyEsf directory since you can make changes and that means that esf2xml works fine. Btw check the size of XML folder. For ~65 MB startpos, it should be over 200 MB. Open notepad and add the following lines:

Code:
    jruby xml2esf XML startpos.esf

pause
    Give it a name but save it as a batch fle (.bat). Place it in EasyEsf directory (where EasyEsf.exe is located) and execute it. See if any error message is appeared in CMD window and check the startpos.esf file that will be produced in the same place.
    OK, I have done that, and a error pops up. it says:

loadError: no such file to load -- nokogiri
    require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java;1038
    require at c:/jruby-1.6.5/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36

(root) at xml2esf:4

C:/Program Files (x86)/EasyESF for ETW>pause
    Press any Key to continue . . .
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by ForteS View Post
    It's not working with me. Initially I though it was for be working with a old starpos but now it's a new one and it keeps not working.
    Is your new startpos a clean one or you have made changes before?

OK, I have done that, and a error pops up. it says:
    Execute C:/Program Files (x86)/EasyESF for ETW/install_nokogiri.bat and try again.

Execute C:/Program Files (x86)/EasyESF for ETW/install_nokogiri.bat and try again.
    I take it you mean to rename the .bat file to install_nokogiri.bat? I did and it still does not work

However, do you think my Jruby might be to blame? I get the exact same error message and I noticed this:

require at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java;1038
    require at c:/jruby-1.6.5/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36
    Is it saying that my Jruby is missing something? A file of some sort?

I hope I am not bothering you too much! I feel bad that I need to ask for this much help... Sorry
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

Nice program thank you

I take it you mean to rename the .bat file to install_nokogiri.bat?
    No I mean to execute the specific file which must be in EasyEsf directory. If it is not there then make a batch adding this:

Code:
    @echo Installing nokogiri
    jgem install nokogiri --pre

A new and clean one.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble with EasyEsf. It seems that the program is not saving the changes I make in the startpos. I'm using an edited startpos where Portugal is playable. I'm trying to change the king's attributes and to turn Portugal into a Major Nation, but when I do that, despite of the fact that says that a new startpos file has been created, when I test it, no changes were made in it at all. Anyone knows how to do this properly? Help is required ASAP. Thanks guys.

Still getting an error message, but this time it is different. Also, a Startpos is created but the .esf file is 0KB in size and it is empty. And no regions file is made.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyEsf for ETW>jruby xml2esf XML startpos.esf
    Errno::ENOENT: No such file or directory
    parse_file at c:/jruby-1.6.5/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.5.0.beta.4-java
    /lib/nokogiri/xml/sax/parser.rb:100
    parse_file at xml2esf:1206
    initialize at xml2esf:1214
    parse at xml2esf:1201
    (root) at xml2esf:1226

C:\Program Files (x86)\EasyEsf for ETW>pause
    Press any key to continue . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppresso Liber View Post
    Snip.
    Thats the same problem I am having. Is it possible Jruby? The error messages seem to keep referring to it...
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm