Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: EasyEsf for ETW (15/12)

Hey again Hussarl

I was wondering if you plan on adding a "remove building from slot" option? We can add building with the EE but not remove them. I can do it myself via the ESF editor, but I was just wondering if you plan on doing this.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Hello Hussarl

I was wondering just briefly if I am trying to add building slots to a settlement that has a modded startpos file(modding the late campaign file in the DMCU mod) do i need to change the vanilla start pos or do i change the startpos located in the DMCU Late campaign folder?

The modded one.

thanks a bunch husser1tw. I just have one more question for you. Not sure if you can or not but i noticed when playing as the americans in the late campaign that the growth from agriculture is very low and the populations are also low. Is there any way to edit these maybe using DBeditor to increase there values? and once again thanks

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Please help. I want to edit the vanilla unti stats (ie: I want to change the numbers in each unit to 80 across the board.) I downloaded the programmes here and tried to do this. I followed the instructions but when it comes to transferring my edited land_stats.tsv file to PFM I get an error message: input string in wrong format!
    What could this be?

Quote Originally Posted by terell221 View Post
    thanks a bunch husser1tw. I just have one more question for you. Not sure if you can or not but i noticed when playing as the americans in the late campaign that the growth from agriculture is very low and the populations are also low. Is there any way to edit these maybe using DBeditor to increase there values? and once again thanks
    Income change is included in the tool (Regions page). For population you have to mod manually startpos but I do not think that it will have any effect (that is why I have not included that in tool).

Quote Originally Posted by Sogdog View Post
    Please help. I want to edit the vanilla unti stats (ie: I want to change the numbers in each unit to 80 across the board.) I downloaded the programmes here and tried to do this. I followed the instructions but when it comes to transferring my edited land_stats.tsv file to PFM I get an error message: input string in wrong format!
    What could this be?
    You are in wrong thread. The error points to an invalid entry you've entered. If you cannot find it, zip and upload your TSV in the tool's thread.

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Ok thanks. I tried to upload the files but did not come right. I tried again to edit said files and still could not get it right.

Hi. I have a little problem - I am trying to modify a multiplayer savegame, I want to move my capital to another city...

Do you think it is possible to do so? Or are the .save_empire_multiplayer not supported by EasyEsf? Because I'm not able to open the file, I get an error message.

PS: otherwise, is it possible to convert a .save_empire_multiplayer to .save and back?

Can you zip and post it here?

Sure! Here you are:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/221691/multi...6912758_38.rar

Turn 38, Bavaria VS Hannover. I conquered Poland, but I can't get sea routes for Bavaria isn't connected to my new territories... So I would like to move my Capital to Warsaw. I modified the two region IDs in Faction Array, passed my Savegame to my opponent (so that we have the same values), but the game won't load - CTD. Actually, I'm not able to change my capital in DMUC single player too... same crash.
    Last edited by demostene; May 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Hmm... Indeed EsfEditor cannot open it... I made the change Poland region as capitol of Bavaria faction so give it a try. If you get a CTD then read the following:

Are you sure that both of you have to load the same file? I mean are the 2 saves you take the same moment identical 100%? Perhaps they are not (i.e. a difference in some header). To be sure about that get a save, send it to your mate and try to load it. If everything is o.k. then this thought is wrong. But if you get a CTD that means that saves are not identical 100% so the same change must be applied to both saves taken by you and your mate. So take a fresh save save both of you, do not try to open it with the editor but zip them and send them to me.

Unfortunately, saves have to be identical... In fact, it is a common fix to desynch problems to send the Host's savegame to the other player. We've done it many times... It definitely works. So, sadly this is not the case. Thanks a lot for your help, but the save won't load - still CTD... Strage thing is I can't manage to change capital even in single player games, same crash when loading. Maybe there is some problem with the Darthmod...

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Can anyone help me get this program working? I'm trying to instal Jruby but I get these errors:

http://imgur.com/rc6AZ

It seems that you have not Java at all in your system, so you have first to install it.

I have a problem; I set Denmark to Major&Playable, copied the new esf to the ''main'' folder, but denmark doesen't show up when you are supposed to choose your faction. I don't know why this happens, but I have been toying around with esfeditor before I downloaded this. I specifically set Saxony, Courland, Denmark, Mysore, and Portugal as major factions.

Hello to everyone who coulfd help me

I am new to modding ETW because it ist preaty hard and complex compared to Medieval2 and Rome TW. I have only used EsfEditor 1.4.5 so far to make small modofications to startpos.esf like minor to major, money and so on.

I recently got bored with the look of the game. I have played all the major mods but for Imperial Splendor, all have the same cities as Vanilla. So I would like to mod the games I play so that I can add extra building slots and convert some minor into major cities.

I was so anxios to put my hands on this tool that promissed a very easy way to adding building slots. But I encountered a problem already mentioned here on the forum: all the modifications I make they don't appear on the game. The output startpos.est is the same as the one I entered to modify. So, what can I do to make my new slots do appear in the game?

I mention also that I play TROM with MOd Manager.

I installed easy esf on my laptop and the same problem. Though I made several modifications, the Esf file has the same size and none of the changes are present in game.

Download the attached file here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post11359281 unzip and run the batch file (check also there the previous post). Then give it a try again.

Someone please help. I cannot even select my save file with this editor to edit it. Is there some sort of trick to it? I open the esf editor, select the file with the esf link and then nothing happens. Thanks in advance.

I am not sure you'll have any luck, since this tool is for Empire. But if you want to try, you have to copy your esf or save in ESF Folder (check menu). Make sure it is named somename.esf or somename.empire_save since this editor is not for Shogun but for Empire.

Alternatively you can use Shogun 2 Converter: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438386