Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Witch one is Better Extended or Normal ?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Witch one is Better Extended or Normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    I consider FotR get utterly ruined by the extended. The intro get a lot slower and more boring (while I like the long intro in the book, its much more smoothly presented in the cut version) and the whole bloody time people are yelling and bickering with each other as if all in the West were filled with a bunch of social dysfunctionals, WTF....! Really the one thing I miss in the uncut is more seen elves and some small scenes concerning Aragorn and Boromir as well.
    The second movie is another matter! While the theatrical version is quite weak with some story-parts missing and less time for diffrent person and intrigues, it get morel logical, coherent and fun in extended.
    The third, well no fan of it at all but ofc it should be the extended - more details and more epic overall!
    are you serious? I can't watch FotR without "concerning hobbits"! Theatrical cut of FotR is unwatchable for me now that I've seen the EE. On the other hand, most of the new scenes in TTT seem forced to me. Well, to each his own, I guess.

Harpsichord's Avatar Foederatus

Whichever film has the scenes of Treebeard pretending he's Tom Bombadil and Merry and Pippin getting high in Orthanc is stupid. Why they put those in I've no idea.

Agreed, im to lazy for search every video, thats why I got the extended edition.. in my personal opinion the theatrical version its way too boring and to unacuratte (even more of the Peter jackson mind)

Come on!! who does not want to get high in Isengard..

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by -Cygnus- View Post
    unacuratte
    oh the irony!

How does the extended editions fix the "inaccuracies". I don't remember Saruman getting impaled at Orthanc and Aragorn chopping Mouth of Sauron's head.

There are parts of the book that are in the extended editions but they don't make much of a difference, in fact they mostly disrupt the pacing and are out of character or silly. The only exception I see are the Denethor and Faramir scenes, but they were so thoroughly botched as characters that the extended scenes are not enough to fix.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Extended adds more depth into the storyline and if your in for a long weekend go for the extended version.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Absolutely, get extended all 3. They have loads of extra scenes, longer scenes, more fleshed out characters and scenarios.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Quote Originally Posted by Oli the Great View Post
    Haha Ok TY ALOT GUYS!! , I went and Buy the extended editions and the fellowship was awesome ! Nice extra scenes.

It was Worth it

Edit: Now I am Going to watch Two Towers. BRB
    As you can see, the thread poster has said that he has bought the extended version, so why are you people still arguing if he ought to buy it or not?

Extended is much better I spelially enjoyed the FotR and TTT, the inclusion of the extra-scenes was brilliantly done and the experience of watching them was much more impresive that seen the original and cutted films. The RotK also had some nice scenes, like the death of Saruman or the "Witch-king hour" but were added badly... For example when Aragorn behades the Mouth and a bit later the scene changes there is no body, nor even the black-stallion...
    But definetly yes, extended is far better.

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek3 View Post
    As you can see, the thread poster has said that he has bought the extended version, so why are you people still arguing if he ought to buy it or not?
    Hahaha + Rep For You

Foederatus

No competition. Only the scene with Mouth of Sauron makes the extended version of Return of the King better. That guy is awesome.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

He sure is:

Quote Originally Posted by Muffer Nl View Post
    He sure is:
    LOOOOOOOOOL

Aragorn cuts very precisly

Borussia Dortmund fan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123