Thread: Question About Selected Settings

Default Question About Selected Settings

Is there any way of knowing what settings you have selected? I would find it very helpful if DMS had check boxes or something similar so that you can see what you have selected previously. I've searched here but didn't see an answer I was looking for. Is there a file I can look at with the settings? If so, what's it called? I ask because I play on two different computers and I've now got things going well in one campaign on my main gaming computer but when I try to run it on the other one it CTD when loading the last save game (which works fine on the 1st computer) so this way I can see if I even have the same options selected- getting older and set things awhile ago and I'm just not 100% sure what I selected at that time... Thanks for any help you can give!

riknap's Avatar Miles
    A former Spanish Colony, then an American Commonwealth, then an independent Republic

Default Re: Question About Selected Settings

I think you could check the user.script file on your roaming/scripts folder (not the exact directory, go search for it).
    Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember
    Nothing is true.
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember
    Everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Vasa's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by riknap View Post
    I think you could check the user.script file on your roaming/scripts folder (not the exact directory, go search for it).
    That's a negative. All that file shows is what mods you are using. Different settings within Darthmod seems to change the pack file, not add additional active mods to the list.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Most mods included do not need a script activation so they are directly added to the data folder.
    There arent that many options in the launcher so it shouldnt be to hard to keep track of what you prefer using once you are familiar with it.
    But yes checkboxes would be a good idea.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; September 11, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

riknap's Avatar Miles
    A former Spanish Colony, then an American Commonwealth, then an independent Republic

Ah, I see. That was the way it seemed to work in Empire though (or might be wrong... again ), so I thought it just carried over (haven't been changing settings much in my friend's DMS lappy anyway).
    You COULD try opening the data folder in one computer and comparing which files are missing/different from one another (if my understanding of what Mr. Kami is saying as "modifying the options changes the added/removed modular pack files in the data folder" is correct).
    Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember
    Nothing is true.
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember
    Everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Thanks for the replies!

Well that's a bummer that there is no easy way to tell what settings you are already using. So having check boxes would be most excellent! Is there a suggestions thread? I'll have a peak once finished here. Thanks again.