Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plans for the mod?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Plans for the mod?

Hi guys from the team. Can you tell us about the plans for the future of this mod pls? Will we eventually have a new patch or has the work stopped? I have been following the latest previews but pls could you give us a rough estimate not about the release but about the plans for this mod. I mean its been like 4 years since the last patch has been released and 3 years since you guys previewed the 2.1 patch. I just want to know if this will be as far as the mod will get or if is there any hope of a future release.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Plans for the mod?

Shhh! Everytime you ask they move the release date back by 10 years!

Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

http://www.mediafire.com/?b7b9xdko1k3xwq4

Bardo's dev pack if you didn't know about it. 2.09.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonian View Post

is it save to install that?

EDIT: ok... installed and now when i start my lotr tw some about GTA VIce City appears in upper left corner and game wont start xD... some help?
    Last edited by Prdo; September 07, 2011 at 06:29 AM.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Prdo View Post

EDIT: ok... installed and now when i start my lotr tw some about GTA VIce City appears in upper left corner and game wont start xD... some help?
    delete your lotrtw folder
    re install, and don't touch his links again

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Relax, dont delete your folder. It probably uses the same bloom effects that RS uses so this is why it has the vice city stuff. Just alt-tab and then return to the game and you're fine. Im not asking for a release date. Im just asking if they will keep working on the mod at all. Despite all the previews showed you cant deny its been 4 years since the last patch and 3 years since patch 2.1 was announced and nothing new officially came out since then.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Relax, dont delete your folder. It probably uses the same bloom effects that RS uses so this is why it has the vice city stuff. Just alt-tab and then return to the game and you're fine. Im not asking for a release date. Im just asking if they will keep working on the mod at all. Despite all the previews showed you cant deny its been 4 years since the last patch and 3 years since patch 2.1 was announced and nothing new officially came out since then.
    it has been less than 2 years since 2.08

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

I think it was released a little earlier than that on the official forums but it was also a minor patch. Besides, check the date on the official forums. This is the link to the 2.1 preview : tuesday, july 8 2008 is when the topic was oppened.
    Last edited by paradamed; September 07, 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I think it was released a little earlier than that on the official forums but it was also a minor patch. Besides, check the date on the official forums. This is the link to the 2.1 preview : tuesday, july 8 2008 is when the topic was oppened.
    we got custom building /citys
    that not so minor
    and 2.1 is the last patch there is (completed mod)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    and don't touch his links again
    Are you ing dumb, really?

That's BARDO's DEV pack. Not mine. Jeez, stop telling around.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdo View Post

You need to activate it from JSGME. Located in main RTW folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonian View Post

hey! i didn't know that. thank you so much it worked well, and has a huge effect on graphics..

and paramed, don't look at the name of the releases. 2.1 was planned so long ago, but there have been other improvements than the ones promised on 2.1.. so the mod team decided to name it different. they go with names 2.04 2.06 2.07 2.08 .. and this version will be 2.09 .. and they then, decided to make the 2.1 version to be the final one. so there has been a lot (more than a lot) of improvements since they anounced the version 2.1

and about future plans, you see the new cities of Seth Krnell.. that would be the main improvement of 2.09, and with the RS II graphics of course, and some of wlesmana's new models. but wlesmana doesn't seem around for months. and seth's city models had some problems with the rest of their work. and seth said he doesn't have much time to fix it for now. so the things get slow about the release. that is why, i guess, bardo decided to make a 2.09 version only with the environment improvements. but, i hope things will get better in the future.
    arise! arise riders of theoden!

Quote Originally Posted by phobos451 View Post
    hey! i didn't know that. thank you so much it worked well, and has a huge effect on graphics..

and paramed, don't look at the name of the releases. 2.1 was planned so long ago, but there have been other improvements than the ones promised on 2.1.. so the mod team decided to name it different. they go with names 2.04 2.06 2.07 2.08 .. and this version will be 2.09 .. and they then, decided to make the 2.1 version to be the final one. so there has been a lot (more than a lot) of improvements since they anounced the version 2.1

and about future plans, you see the new cities of Seth Krnell.. that would be the main improvement of 2.09, and with the RS II graphics of course, and some of wlesmana's new models. but wlesmana doesn't seem around for months. and seth's city models had some problems with the rest of their work. and seth said he doesn't have much time to fix it for now. so the things get slow about the release. that is why, i guess, bardo decided to make a 2.09 version only with the environment improvements. but, i hope things will get better in the future.
    No problem.

Yeah i was one who helped Bardo to beta test the RS2 enviroments, sent lots of ideas to him and things were going well, and then Seth Krnell came back, and things were wondefull! but they all now have faded... damn
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I know I kind of sounded like a whiner but very few stuff was officially released considering all the stuff previewed. I can name the reworked and new buildings, new animations, new environments and new units. I dont even care if it will take one year or more. I just wanted the team to let us know about the plans for the mod. Some of the stuff I mentioned was previewed 3 years or more ago. I just wanted to know how are things going. I know we all have real lifes to take care of and that the modders dont get paid a cent for what they are doing. Im not asking for a release date as well. I just wanted to know how are things progressing. For example, I would like to know if they intend to create new stuff for the next patch or if everything that was previewed would be the content of the new patch.

I understand you, paradamed, the problem is that we in the development team do not know much more than you.

First, this is the link to the latest development patch that I made to test the new scenarios from RS2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b7b9xd...evPackRS2f.rar, I guess the same posted in this topic.
    It is an stable version, the one we use to play online, with improved graphics and adjusted unit balance, and playable in campaign. It was my latest contribution to the mod until seth and wles came back and they started to include the new cities and units.

Recently, july of this year, seth krnell finished a development version of his cities that we were supposed to test along this summer, and I'm talking about more than 6 months of non stopping work by seth, everyday, to replace all vanilla cities by custom ones and to create a dozen of unique cities with unique buildings and walls... as you can see in the previews. Unfortunately we have not been able to run that version. There were some issue in the latest version that seth have not been able to address, and he has not been able to spend time on modding since then. At the same time, it seems wlesmana is also busy these days, and I can not help much until we can have a working development version, and I have no idea when it will possible. That is the reason that there are no news, and the development is currently stopped, but not abandoned (at all).

Thanks for answering Bardo. It is indeed good news that you guys are working on new stuff.

Yep, good to hear nonetheless, hoefully you three will get it done!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

good luck with the completion of the mod fellas.

Back n'kickin'
    I am near to get a base working version of the mod with the new cities/ambient/event-tgas.
    Actually there shall be some other (old) news, but for now my efforts are just to have the base version working so that Bardo can make it into a module with the other changes. After that we'll need to test the surely many bugs emerging step by step.

Of course if we were more then 1, 2 and on miraculous occasions 3 guys working on that mod things would have been faster. I'm not saying that none helped out: many people gave their help, advice and suggestions in those years from time to time. Unfortunately most times there was a missing step/skill/member to go on which stopped the work on many occasions, and when someone had time and energy to go on others often didn't had them. That's the reason of the prolonged wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Krn3ll View Post
    Of course if we were more then 1, 2 and on miraculous occasions 3 guys working on that mod things would have been faster. I'm not saying that none helped out: many people gave their help, advice and suggestions in those years from time to time. Unfortunately most times there was a missing step/skill/member to go on which stopped the work on many occasions, and when someone had time and energy to go on others often didn't had them. That's the reason of the prolonged wait.
    This is the story of this mod , at least after wlesmana released the v2.0. Since that main release it has been harder and harder for him to find free time for the mod.

Great news that Seth Krnell is back. We finally have a working WIP version with the cities running. Now we need to finish the pathfindings, to test them all, and to debug the cities. We surely will need some more time, but we will be working on it and we will try to communicate the progress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast