Thread: (BRR) Hungarians for Rome?

Default (BRR) Hungarians for Rome?

As you know, in the Introductory Passage which sets up the Byzantine (ERE) Campaign, it says that the situation in the Balkans is secure, and that "the Hungarians agreed to provide hostages for good behaviour, in addition to paying us tribute and supplying us troops"

For RBBR's add-on called BRR (Broader Roman Recruitment, see thread) I can add into the game Hungarian units (I'm thinking one or two) which could, for instance, only be recruited from Constantinople.

Does that sound like fun or a good idea?

There are a few mods with liberal usage rules, only credit and notification and not changing the texture art (much) are the rules.

Are there any good suggestions of what this unit or these units should be? Infantry? Elite? Mounted? Projectile?

This would reflect the in game situation as described in the intro. I could make it contingent upon building a certain structure that made sense to you guys.

They would be units that were free to recruit and had a free upkeep which would reflect that Hungary is paying for them, but were only available to recruit, say, every 8-12 turns or so. Any thoughts or suggestions on that point?

Oh, and by the way, I've fixed the Azat and Toxotoi archers lacking a shield defense point even though they clearly carry and use small round wooden shields.

I've also made the Frontier Javelinmen's AOR a little wider for the Orthodox factions in Anatolia.

Armenian light javeliners and Roman light javeliners were actually the same exact unit appearance wise, but with different Unit Card names.

I have eliminated the Armenian light javeliners and made Roman light javeliners recruitable for Armenia and Armenia AI instead. I could change the unit card to say 'Pelstatoi .... also known as X in Armenia ...'

If I could only remember what they were called 'Shim or Sham' something - anyone? HELP! I've deleted these guys from the game, thus freeing up another slot for adding new units. But now i forget what they are called. In the EDU and EDB the are just called 'Armenia Jav'.

These will all be in Broader Roman Recruitment v 1.1 which I can release after i get some feedback

Default Re: (BRR) Hungarians for Rome?