Thread: KATANA HERO- changing model

Default KATANA HERO- changing model

what i wanted to do is to change the models of katana hero units to all look like the officer of the katana hero (the one with a golden armor). is this possible? If it is, can someone give me instructions on how to do it? Any reply will be well appreciated.
    Last edited by robinnikki; September 04, 2011 at 06:09 PM.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: KATANA HERO- changing model

Have a look in 'models2.pack > variantmodels > units' and look for two particular unit_variant files "samurai_inf_katana_hero.officer.unit_variant" and "samurai_inf_katana_hero.soldier.unit_variant".

Extract these to a modding folder, swap around the "officer" and "soldier" bit if you want the soldiers to look like officers and the officers to look like soldiers

Alternative, delete "samurai_inf_katana_hero.soldier.unit_variant", make a copy of "samurai_inf_katana_hero.officer.unit_variant" and re-name it to "samurai_inf_katana_hero.soldier.unit_variant".

With this, your soldiers will use the exact same model parts as the vanilla officers.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Thanks for the reply.Ü I did what you told me, and the officer and the katana hero units look the same now but the armor of the katana hero units still have the same black and red color as my clan (hattori). What do i need to do to make it the same color as the officers armor (yellow/golden)?

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Considering you are using the katana hero officer textures for both the officer and soldier...

You will need to do some changes in "uniform_to_faction_colours". In that db file, look for a particular row that has "Default_Katana_Hero" under the "Uniform IDRef" column.

You need to highlight the entire row now. Do that by hitting the rectangle in the column that does not hold any text; make sure to click on the rectangle next to "Default_Katana_Hero". Hit "Clone Row" near the top of the window.

You should be able to see a new row with the same information as the one you highlighted; it should also be the last row in the table.

The last major step is to go to the last column titled "Unit Caste?" and change the entry in the cloned Katana Hero row from "officer" to "soldier".

That should do it.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

That did it.Ü Thank you very much.Ü

Hello all, I to thought it would look pretty sexy to use the officers for the hero units. I'm pretty new at modding so I was wondering if someone could help me out. I assumed you used the pack file manger to edit the units. I understand what you did but it won't let me edit the name cut copy or paste it. Those options are greyed out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Worked great! Thank you sir.

pls i want do this with nodachi hero from here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=443829 . but pls can you give here video, my english is terrible (( i prefer, that no-dachi hero can have like ofificer katana hero officer or tokugawa leyasu, he have excellent armor ,thx