Thread: Cannot form infantry squares

Default Cannot form infantry squares

Hi everyone, I've been playing custom battles with this wonderful mod for the last two days and have enjoyed it. However, I've notice that I cannot form squares with my infantry units when attacked by cavalry. Can this be that I'm missing a file or designed this way?. Is it possible that someone can tell me if they have had this problem before and any methods to resolve it. Thank you in advance for any help on this subject.

Default Re: Cannot form infantry squares

Quote Originally Posted by mpere View Post
    Hi everyone, I've been playing custom battles with this wonderful mod for the last two days and have enjoyed it. However, I've notice that I cannot form squares with my infantry units when attacked by cavalry. Can this be that I'm missing a file or designed this way?. Is it possible that someone can tell me if they have had this problem before and any methods to resolve it. Thank you in advance for any help on this subject.
    The whole game is designed that infantry engaged in melee fighting can't form square.
    "And other times it's hope that saves the day"

mpere, you must form square before the cav hits you. The mod is more realistic than most and infantry getting chopped up by cav would not have been able to form square.

perhaps he meant his infantry dont have the ability at all?

Quote Originally Posted by BazzBrother View Post
    perhaps he meant his infantry dont have the ability at all?
    Only some militia cannot form square and a few spanish other than that they all can for European nations. If normal line cannot form then check to see if their are other mods installed that make a conflict.

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

i would just like to see square formation taken out of the game completely, units can form square in less then 3 seconds!
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

Quote Originally Posted by panzer 4 View Post
    i would just like to see square formation taken out of the game completely, units can form square in less then 3 seconds!
    If you did that then Cavalry would kill everything. Square is very vulnerable when approached correctly

Quote Originally Posted by bloody bill View Post
    If you did that then Cavalry would kill everything. Square is very vulnerable when approached correctly

I have seen Ai chasseurs break my squares using series of hit n run shootings followed by decisive charges, ever since Napoleon vanilla

since then iv recommended using of cavalry more aggressively but also with more micro management

it can be done

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

regardless, i dont like seeing my cavalry get massacred by a square formed in less then 3 seconds, its soo dissapointing.
    no offence to the LORDZ, all hatred is pointed to CA!
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.