Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Map Preview time!

Default Re: Map Preview time!

"France was a major rework will need too post pics some time."
    You means that you have re-worked recently the french provinces?
    According the Campaigns?

humm...about the french environment, I was thinking to get out the templar's banner stuff, and to set instead special banners for Swiss rebels. The confederate banners are already done. We just need to be agreed about what horrible CA units will be replaced by 2 or 3 swiss units.
    These special banners are not a common thread around TWC, so I don't know if we can code more special sets, thats synchronisable according the Eras, via the descr_banner files.

I'm based on Wiki, considering 1307 as end of Templars...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    L'idée de détruire l'ordre du Temple était déjà présente dans l'esprit du roi Philippe IV le Bel, mais ce dernier manquait de preuves et d'aveux afin d'entamer une procédure. Ce fut chose faite grâce à un atout majeur déniché par Guillaume de Nogaret en la personne d'un ancien Templier : Esquieu de Floyran. Celui-ci avoua en 1305 au roi de France les pratiques obscènes des rites d'entrée dans l'ordre et Philippe le Bel, personnage très pieux, fut choqué par de tels actes. Il écrivit donc au Pape pour lui faire part du contenu de ces aveux.

En même temps, Jacques de Molay, au courant de ces rumeurs, demanda une enquête pontificale au pape. Ce dernier la lui accorda le 24 août 1307. Cependant, Philippe le Bel était pressé. Il n'attendit pas les résultats de l'enquête, prépara l'arrestation à l’abbaye de Sainte-Marie, près de Pontoise le jour de la fête de l’exaltation de la Sainte-Croix et dépêcha des messagers le 14 septembre 1307 à tous ses sénéchaux et baillis, leur donnant des directives afin de procéder à la saisie de tous les biens mobiliers et immobiliers ainsi que l'arrestation massive des Templiers en France au cours d'une même journée, le vendredi 13 octobre 1307.

13/10/1307: massive arrest/seizure of Knight Templars.
    1291 being the biggest last battle for this Order. Further this date, we don't need anymore to have a special set for templars, as the units featuring these banners were prosecuted in Justice like pagans, sectars...
    Any though?

I exposed these obscure reasons to ask, can you make a separate swiss region for both 1311 and 1401 campaigns??

I will post later pictures that show the interest of these special banners, if the provinces are fitting to the history maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomo Colonna View Post
    "France was a major rework will need too post pics some time."
    You means that you have re-worked recently the french provinces?
    According the Campaigns?

humm...about the french environment, I was thinking to get out the templar's banner stuff, and to set instead special banners for Swiss rebels. The confederate banners are already done. We just need to be agreed about what horrible CA units will be replaced by 2 or 3 swiss units.
    These special banners are not a common thread around TWC, so I don't know if we can code more special sets, thats synchronisable according the Eras, via the descr_banner files.

I'm based on Wiki, considering 1307 as end of Templars...

L'idée de détruire l'ordre du Temple était déjà présente dans l'esprit du roi Philippe IV le Bel, mais ce dernier manquait de preuves et d'aveux afin d'entamer une procédure. Ce fut chose faite grâce à un atout majeur déniché par Guillaume de Nogaret en la personne d'un ancien Templier : Esquieu de Floyran. Celui-ci avoua en 1305 au roi de France les pratiques obscènes des rites d'entrée dans l'ordre et Philippe le Bel, personnage très pieux, fut choqué par de tels actes. Il écrivit donc au Pape pour lui faire part du contenu de ces aveux.

En même temps, Jacques de Molay, au courant de ces rumeurs, demanda une enquête pontificale au pape. Ce dernier la lui accorda le 24 août 1307. Cependant, Philippe le Bel était pressé. Il n'attendit pas les résultats de l'enquête, prépara l'arrestation à l’abbaye de Sainte-Marie, près de Pontoise le jour de la fête de l’exaltation de la Sainte-Croix et dépêcha des messagers le 14 septembre 1307 à tous ses sénéchaux et baillis, leur donnant des directives afin de procéder à la saisie de tous les biens mobiliers et immobiliers ainsi que l'arrestation massive des Templiers en France au cours d'une même journée, le vendredi 13 octobre 1307.

13/10/1307: massive arrest/seizure of Knight Templars.
    1291 being the biggest last battle for this Order. Further this date, we don't need anymore to have a special set for templars, as the units featuring these banners were prosecuted in Justice like pagans, sectars...
    Any though?

I exposed these obscure reasons to ask, can you make a separate swiss region for both 1311 and 1401 campaigns??

I will post later pictures that show the interest of these special banners, if the provinces are fitting to the history maps.
    This can be done. But at a later date. And with the sacrifice of the Americas .

Consulo's Avatar Laurifer Invictus

Yes, get rid of the Americas! Expand the Euro-Asian Map! Wee!!!

Feel free to add me.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Sorry, but since when have Americas been in SV?

Signature made by Joar

Since always. toggle_fow and go west. It's there.

Feel free to add me.

we could make only one province for America, a sort of "Terra Nullius", stopping the Renaissance Era to 1492. No?
    I'm not sure if everyone realize how much its costing in new units to go further this date. When the 1450's years offer almost similar feels, about early artillery, full plate knights, conquering Ottomans...etc

My wish is to integrate named PSF, from the left aztec faction, but I guess peoples would prefere another faction like Norway or Hasfid, or another one. What I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim50 View Post
    Since always. toggle_fow and go west. It's there.
    Really never noticed, I haven't played in a long time I was waiting for BC units, but anyway...yes get rid of America - add Persia and Afganistan

Signature made by Joar

we could make only one province for America, a sort of "Terra Nullius", stopping the Renaissance Era to 1492. No?
    I'm not sure if everyone realize how much its costing in new units to go further this date. When the 1450's years offer almost similar feels, about early artillery, full plate knights, conquering Ottomans...etc

My wish is to integrate named PSF, from the left aztec faction, but I guess peoples would prefere another faction like Norway or Hasfid, or another one. What I understand.

Scratch Norway...If the middle-east is being redone and *hopefully* expanded, add a Persian faction. Or perhaps add another faction up in the Russian Steppes. Novgorod maybe? Lithuania is being added already, right? Just definitely either another Muslim faction or an Orthodox faction.

Feel free to add me.

I was expressing personal points, SV would be probably agreed, though a reasonable and democratic poll seems needed about an eventual new faction

If it were to be a Persian faction then you can get BC units, but by late era (not sure of date?) it'll probably be under Mongol control

Signature made by Joar

I don't worry. I'm expressing personal points too. No offense towards a Norwegian faction but Denmark rarely expands very well in my games as is. Adding Norway would just hamper that moreso to me.

Either way though, there are mods with those two factions added in reasonably, so getting one or the other in wouldn't be hard I don't think. Right? I'm not sure...I'm no modder. lol

Feel free to add me.

This is possible. And can be done quite easily. I know a lot of people would be supportive of a Scandinavian, Russian, and or Muslim Faction.

And it would make a lot of sense too add a muslim faction in a couple era's Like the Crusader Era, I definently think Sweden needs a long hard look for inclusion during the 1450's on wards campaigns.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

well if you want to make it faster, instead of removing the americas from the map i agree to make them only 1 region Terra Nullius, and you could think of adding the desert parts (Sahara and arabian desert) to terra nullius, if you remove the regions like Timbuktu or Arguin to add them somewhere else if you will not remove them how do you make arguin port to trade and that region to be accessible for fleets? i asked some time ago, no one responded. i have to edit deep sea to normal sea, but how/which file?

i'd like the separation of the campaigns each one of 100 years or more, with 2turns per year maybe?? (i don't remember how much it is in 3.3 now)
    you could release one at a time instead of all at once.

lithuania was needed as the baltic region is always full of rebels. and very nice bohemia
    remove aztecs and add a faction in the east, orthodox or muslim...
    maybe add georgia for more campaigns and/or zirids/tunisian faction actually that could take lots of time to research, maybe do a faction where you have info and research, units from other mods
    Last edited by Vipman; April 13, 2012 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vipman View Post
    well if you want to make it faster, instead of removing the americas from the map i agree to make them only 1 region Terra Nullius, and you could think of adding the desert parts (Sahara and arabian desert) to terra nullius, if you remove the regions like Timbuktu or Arguin to add them somewhere else if you will not remove them how do you make arguin port to trade and that region to be accessible for fleets? i asked some time ago, no one responded. i have to edit deep sea to normal sea, but how/which file?

i'd like the separation of the campaigns each one of 100 years or more, with 2turns per year maybe?? (i don't remember how much it is in 3.3 now)
    you could release one at a time instead of all at once.

lithuania was needed as the baltic region is always full of rebels. and very nice bohemia
    remove aztecs and add a faction in the east, orthodox or muslim...
    maybe add georgia for more campaigns and/or zirids/tunisian faction actually that could take lots of time to research, maybe do a faction where you have info and research, units from other mods

Bolded question should be refered too Gigantus, he is a pro map maker, i just piddle with provinces.

It's not my mod lol. It is still SV for the second question. I'm just the This forums Propaganda minister.

"asked some time ago, no one responded. i have to edit deep sea to normal sea, but how/which file?"

if you didn't find:
    map_ground_type
    you will notice its just a small area which prevent so earlier "discoveries", 1335 is the date I remember, for Canarias only. The continent itself was something which terrified italians . So much enemies, so wide...etc.
    In more the muslim piracy was a real issue, which is not well represented actually.

Portugueses were the first real discovers, same if they borrowed lot of stuff to Genoeses. The geographic position of Portugal have made the rest.

:epicfacepalm:
    how/why didn't i figured it out i even knew that file and edited it a few times to allow roads to be built between some regions like in anatolia...
    i'm an idiot... if i would just have thought a bit of it again i would have realised... well thank you for this +rep... the least i can do and for helping this reach 4.0

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Yeah, the SS map's scope seems to be much more logical for MTW in general (from Spain to the edge of Afganistan) and possibly removing the southern edge. Timbaktu is cool and all but doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, southern most edge being Sijilmasa / Luxor / Mecca seems reasonable.

SV's map is a bit weird in many area, some areas have a huge concentration of settlements in not particularly populated areas while others have few despite being very populated. and noted for having many cities (like say.. Andalusia)

Of course, time period is also a issue, or example Wallachia as a region is pretty iffy until the late 13th C at best.
    Last edited by RollingWave; April 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

I so wish there was a pre-4.0 map available...Fingers crossed 4.0 is released sooner rather than later!

Feel free to add me.

until SV comes back nothing much happens here, and probably no work is done on the mod now...

i wish i'd know if i can help somehow this mod, though i have no modding skills except maybe coding, if that's what means understanding and editing all sorts of text files...

Quote Originally Posted by vipman View Post
    until SV comes back nothing much happens here, and probably no work is done on the mod now...

i wish i'd know if i can help somehow this mod, though i have no modding skills except maybe coding, if that's what means understanding and editing all sorts of text files...
    Well if some people want too get together and try and implement my map system into SV i would be game.

But it might take a crew too get it done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast