Thread: More Heroic Victories

Default More Heroic Victories

So after the most recent patches, it seems almost impossible to achieve a heroic victory. Even when fighting against superior odds.

is there a way to alter the game data to increase the rate of heroic victories? It used to be far too easy to get them now it's impossible. Some middle ground would be great.

(Using SR2 realism/Darthmod)

Default Re: More Heroic Victories

Quote Originally Posted by scabmiester View Post
    So after the most recent patches, it seems almost impossible to achieve a heroic victory. Even when fighting against superior odds.

is there a way to alter the game data to increase the rate of heroic victories? It used to be far too easy to get them now it's impossible. Some middle ground would be great.

(Using SR2 realism/Darthmod)

I agree... it's impossible to get a heroic victory.

MJWilliams's Avatar Tiro

This would be great. You can get heroic victories currently if you are heavily outnumbered and suffer minimal casualties whilst inflicting huge losses. However a "Heroic Victory" in my opinion should not constitute simply what I've mentioned, after all the Heroic Victory gives +1 Honour for your Daimyo and is clearly meant to affect how he is viewed by other clans. Defeating major clans in important battles or defending a choke point/winning swiftly and effectively should be factored in more often.
    "My life is no longer my own, my word worthless.
    But duty goes on, while there is breath. It is all I have left."

~ Orlok Tsubodai Bahadur

Yup. Someone told me that it's hard coded, but i refuse to believe this, given that patch 2 changed this (in the original release heroic victories were far too easy to get and then after patch 2 they are impossible). after sifting through all the DB tables that the PFM supports though, i'm at a complete loss and have given up

when they patch, they don't just create a new patch.pack file. They also patch other files, which where the calculations for Heroic Victory probably are. However, there are a number of files that we still can't mess with, i.e. .luac files.

yeah true. I merely use the tools and know little about the actual coding behind them. I've managed to tweak my game to make heroic victories achievable with ashigaru vs ashigaru armies. But using SR2 Realism mean samurai remove this ability almost always.

Thanks for the help