Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Duchy of Croatia

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    like this early there might not even been a proper CoA,
    I think it's safe to say that there were no CoAs in TGS's timeframe at all. Not in Croatia and not anywhere else. Of course, that does in no way mean that we should leave the game's faction symbols blank (because the game *requires* a symbol for each faction). Actually, that's why we call it "faction symbol" and not a "CoA". Thus, I see absolutely no problem in using a decorational motiff from that time, especially one which later became a proper CoA - IIRC, similarly we use a lion for Bulgaria, as there are a number of Bulgarian lion decorations from the period and it later became a CoA of the state (when CoAs actually started appearing here).

Default Re: [Preview] Duchy of Croatia

Heh.

Update of forum design really messed up thread's OP format, on my part.

I can temporary fix it by zooming out. Or buying new and wider monitor.
    Duchy of Croatia in my Total War?! Oh I can't wait for factions unlocker mod!

can' wait for this, looks fantastic

Awesome and Croatia is playable here.
    It should be a long they when it will be released

Quote Originally Posted by Philippos View Post
    they
    day, sorry guys

can someone repost pictures ? all of them are broken, same for other factions, except kievan rus

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    can someone repost pictures ? all of them are broken, same for other factions, except kievan rus
    Unforthunatly Imageshack deleted over 600 pictures of mine!!!!!!!!!!
    If i have them in my disk i will repost them...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Unforthunatly Imageshack deleted over 600 pictures of mine!!!!!!!!!!
    If i have them in my disk i will repost them...
    600..wow that's a lot :S
    okay, its not a must

Where is link to download ? Di se može preuzet igra ? Već imam Croatia mod (pokušao sam ga nalijepit na Stainless Steel), ali ide samo uz "Vanilija" i Kingdoms. Ovaj mod mi izgleda da bi mogao bit gušt igrat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijebitno View Post
    Where is link to download ? Di se može preuzet igra ? Već imam Croatia mod (pokušao sam ga nalijepit na Stainless Steel), ali ide samo uz "Vanilija" i Kingdoms. Ovaj mod mi izgleda da bi mogao bit gušt igrat.
    mod hasn't been released yet.

Hvala.

Looking forward to this mod. It would be nice to make balance between diplomacy, good relations with Pope and inevitable warfare (with Byzantines, Venice, Norman attempts to subdue Croat towns...).
    Besides, this mod could have some educational aspects added, with short movies about relevant cultural and architectonic monuments.
    Further more, adding some elements of Crusaders II gameplay would make this mod smart and challenging. Let us not forget, Medieval society wasn't insanely warlike, but comprised all elements of civilized life.
    Above all, there was saying Croat rulers and kings wisely passed to their sons: "Kloni se rata" - "Stay away from war".
    Finally, it would be gorgeous, if 3D perspective of towns and fortresses could be added, just like in "De Bello Mundi", (and like in TW Rome 1 series), however with depiction of St. Donat, Peristil, Šibenik Cathedral, Kinin fortress, Dubrovnik citadel... depending how many playable provinces are planned in this mod.

Cro-Gamer's Avatar Civis

Oh man I want to see this units in action...

Are those praetorians actualy historicly correct ? I never heard anything about them in croation armys :S

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

They are mentioned in... Frankish annals? Something like that. There is a quote, as well as depiction, in Croatian Kings documentary series, right at the start of episode 1.

They shouldn't be thought of as Roman praetoreans, but as elite troops, personal guard of a chief. They are basically družina, but as the annals were written in Latin, the elite guard is also written in Latin, which is praetoreans. Which originally means tent-guard, the soldiers who guard the tent of a general, or in other words chiefs personal guard. Even in imperial period they are just that, emperors personal guard. Every leader ever had them, you'd call secret service guards of modern presidents "praetoreans".

Also I disagree with calling the unit that. They were just družina.
    Has signatures turned off.

Well thats something completly different.. Druzina is way more logical. 'Preotirans' is simply not fiting imo.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Yes but all early texts are in Latin. Thats why Praetorians. Druzhina would perhaps be more correct term, but its used in Russia and Bohemia. So far as I know of it, there are no known cases that it would be used in Croatian as military term. In Croatian Druzhina means simply Fellowship.

true,it does not make sense to call them družina when same slavic words mean doferent things in diferent slavic language

I had my hopes up that the pics were re-uploaded, thanks guys

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Soon!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.