Thread: Last Samurai Mod

Default Last Samurai Mod

hi,

i'm not a modder but i think it would be fun playing a Last Samurai Mod ( based on the movie).
    what do you guys think?

Default Re: Last Samurai Mod

oh yes
    i would realy love it
    i'm not a modder too
    but i will try to learn modding, so maybe i can do it
    when i've learned it

i can do sound modding for this mod

yes thats a good idea

Awesome film BUT I don't really see it making a very good game. Either you would play as the imperial/parliament faction and curb stomp medieval troops with bolt-action rifles, cannons and gatlings or you would play as samurai and receive said curb stomping again and again and again (dying honorably to make a statement every time, of course )

The tech imbalance and the inevitable tragedy that was the death of the "old ways" was the whole point of the movie. Inequality by design and historical fact. Brutal inequality of combatants rarely makes for good RTS+TBS gaming.

ok joman and me will work on this mod fill your name here tell what you wanna do we realy could use help

UpNSmoke225's Avatar Libertus

I was playing FOTS while watching Last Samurai the other night! It was kinda bittersweet spreading my Pro Imperial agenda as Katsumodo lie dying in his own blood. Perfect.. they are all.. perfect

«Sent via Tapatalk for Android»

It would be nice to mod a faction in FotS to have only traditional troops and also mod their research tree so that the gun related ones are removed except ship and cannon ones. Adding a few old fashioned but modern units without gunpowder would be very interesting. Imagine clashing your samurai cavalry in their weaka*s gunmen.

UpNSmoke225's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Imagine clashing your samurai cavalry in their weaka*s gunmen.
    It would be awesome ..even against a row of gattlin guns like in the final charge. But morale would have to be set extremely high so that your samurais would never break in combat and always fight to the last man. Really hope we see this happen. What faction would be Katsumodo's anyway ..I don't remember his people ever having a name in the movie.

«Sent via Tapatalk for Android»

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    It would be nice to mod a faction in FotS to have only traditional troops and also mod their research tree so that the gun related ones are removed except ship and cannon ones. Adding a few old fashioned but modern units without gunpowder would be very interesting. Imagine clashing your samurai cavalry in their weaka*s gunmen.
    Actually there is a clan called 'Hiroshima' which goes traditional way solely. My modern army met his army which is a bunch of yari kachi and spear levy. Of course, the outcome is my parrot guns and line infantry crushed his army into bits even before he could use his melee advantage.