Thread: Tokugawa Mod

Default Tokugawa Mod

Since when did the Tokugawa clan have yellow banners? In real life they were black and white like some of the other clans in the game. Has anyone else noticed this?
    If anyone can do this please pm me or post on this thread.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Default Re: Tokugawa Mod

Its the most famous variation of their kamon as far as I know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:To...mily_crest.svg

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

This is the Tokugawa shogun's crest. I have done some research. Do you know of any way to change it to that in the game?

There is some exception like Mori(red and white)or Oda(Yellow and black), but in lot of crest, color is not a part of it.
    If you watch any Taiga drama, you can see lot of clans using various color for their Kamon.
    And...I never heard Tokugawa used yellow only.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, like Lament is saying, seeing a Japanese kamon in black on white doesn't mean that the colours were always like that, it only depicts the design of the kamon (as neutral in other values as possible). The armies in the Sengoku Period were not normally identified by the colours they flew, but by the type of kamons they carried (although there were some exceptions to this).

To change the colours of the banners, you'll have to work on the faction_banners table of the DB files. If you use the Pack File Manager (PFM) for this, locate the nine columns named "B1-R1", "B2-R2" and "B3-R3" in that table. The first triple of columns determines the colour of the kamon, the second the background, and the third the ties on the banners. The RGB values for pure black is 0-0-0 and pure white 255-255-255, so if you want the kamon to be pure black you must enter "0" in each of the columns named "B1", "G1" and "R1" etc. But don't edit the vanilla files directly, create a mod and work on that. Because if you mess it up, all you have to do to get things back into working order again is to remove the mod.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Oh, sorry about that, thank you for telling me how to change it Demokritos, I may post it as a mod with credit to you for telling me how
    Last edited by General Hizzy; September 09, 2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: typo

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

You're welcome, General.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Oh, sorry about that, thank you for telling me how to change it Demokritos

The color isn't changing. Why?