Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Default Re: RTR VII is Released!

No problem, mate, I'll see if your suggestion could work

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

It could, and it is probably possible to make it check how many units are in the settlement, but there are two problems: 1. The units can't just disband via script, and 2. It is really annoying to defeat a massive enemy army and move to attack their city only to find it suddenly also has an army in it. In reality, if you defeated an enemy army, cities would often defect to you...
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    It could, and it is probably possible to make it check how many units are in the settlement, but there are two problems: 1. The units can't just disband via script, and 2. It is really annoying to defeat a massive enemy army and move to attack their city only to find it suddenly also has an army in it. In reality, if you defeated an enemy army, cities would often defect to you...
    That's true. I didn't see things from that point of view. Thanks for answering dude.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Did I get it right and RTR mod fully compatible with Roma Surrectum II? Which other mods should I try with this bundle, btw, for ultimate ingame experience?

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

RSII overwrites the original game files so is not compatible with any other mods.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

You can't really bundle mods together. The game mechanics work so that you can only play one at a time. Some mods, like VII, are modfoldered and so can be installed in the same place, whilst others, like RSII, overwrite the original game files and mess up any other mods installed in the same location.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

of course lol

copy RTW original folder in other location and install RSII or any mod that mess the original files in there

Libertus

Hello. Haven't played this new mod but used to play Rome. Is there anyone out there playing with Hamanci? Would be interested in fighting guys when I get up to speed.

Altariu's Avatar Laetus

I congratulate the creators of this wonderful mod that really have created a game historically reliable and that in no way gives the vanilla game, map, cities, economic structure, etc etc
    many thanks

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Thanks for the compliments, have fun!

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Hi,
    can you be more specific about Cursus Honorum and about "All family members are capable of climbing the Cursus Honorum, however they will be need to accomplish historical requirements before they can climb each rank." ? What is this "historical requirements" for each rank ?
    I have f.e. many Quaestors, eligible for rank of Aediles or some Aediles eligible for Praetors, but nothing happened although I move them inside Rome. Is number of each Quaestors or Aediles or Praetors limited ? And I have only one Consul, fighting with army in Sicily and one Praetor inside Rome, eligible for Consul, but he is still only Praetor. Why ? Must he win some battle or something like that ? I've read somewhere about Cursus Honorum and all (except Consul) officies should be eligible accordance age of officer (if I forget corruption )

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

New appointments won't be assigned to an FM who already has one or more appointment ancillaries. If you want your praetor in Rome to become consul, remove his praetor appointment first.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

thanks.. I have meanwhile read http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=478149 and I forgot to remove my post here

Libertus

Could you tell me witch is the best mod in terms of historical gameplay, the platium 1.9.6 or the VII

RTR VII of course! and not just because this is the release thread for it....anyway if you want to find out more about RTR VII check out the previews http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381741

My thanks is long over due. Thanks for sticking with it guys. I've been anxiously awaiting this release. Cheers to the best Total War mod ever.

Any mac versions coming up?

Best mod ever!!!

Mates, i'm an old user of the Mod...just reinstalled it and was starting a new campaign as Sparta...i have 40 turns recruiting time on my units!!!! Any idea what may be wrong??? Please help...

There's nothing wrong mate, see here for an overview of unique units.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast