Thread: campaign does not start

Default campaign does not start

Hi, I installed RTRVII on clean vanilla+BI+alex installation, than I installed patch 3 and descr.strat fix, but when I want to start the campaign, select faction and campaign setting, and click on "start campaign"...nothing will happen and the game jumps back to the menu with a choice of "Build new empire" and "custom battles"

any ideas?

Default Re: campaign does not start

I think it happened after I changed the default setting of "leadership system yes / no" ... I set the game without it, and then it happened, unfortunately, did not help returning the setting to Yes.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Are you sure your BI is patched to 1.6? I know there are versions of BI that don't come fully patched. You can check the version # in the options menu in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Are you sure your BI is patched to 1.6? I know there are versions of BI that don't come fully patched. You can check the version # in the options menu in-game.
    Yes, I have RTW GOLD, after reinstalling the game works normally, Howevere, I checked it out, at the moment when I again changed the Leadership setting, It happened again.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

I think with the latest patch(es) you shouldn't be able to turn the leadership system off anymore. Unfortunately you can still choose the option, which can lead to those problems. If it still happens after resetting the leadersip option, you might need to reinstall the game, if possible.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    I think with the latest patch(es) you shouldn't be able to turn the leadership system off anymore. Unfortunately you can still choose the option, which can lead to those problems. If it still happens after resetting the leadersip option, you might need to reinstall the game, if possible.
    I did, but it's still the same...game running, however, only if the leadership remains at the default settings without any change