Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Download Mirrors and Installation Guide

MasterOfThessus's Avatar RTR Betateam Leader

Default Re: RTR VII Download Mirrors and Installation Guide

Try unistalling via installshield, and then make sure the regestry entries are removed as well, thoose can mess with you if you do a faulty unistall (ie delete the folder rather than using the program). Then reinstall.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    not the BI directory, just the C/Prog Files/RTW (but it could be D, E, F instead of C depending on your pc)

when you downloaded them from the link in the first post, where did you download them to?
    my mistake it was in rtw directory...
    D/Prog files/the creative assembly/rome - total war.
    at first i putted it in d/prog files/download,tried once from there..nothing.moved it to rtw directory,same thing...next time i downloaded it went straight to rtw,but nothing changed...
    it says that F/documents and settings/(name)/application data/none/RTR VII/(a large number),doesnt have enough free space...
    D has about 30GB free
    F only 234 MB

so is there a way to change the initial pathof extracting main application file?
    Last edited by diez; September 05, 2011 at 04:51 PM.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by diez View Post
    my mistake it was in rtw directory...
    D/Prog files/the creative assembly/rome - total war.
    at first i putted it in d/prog files/download,tried once from there..nothing.moved it to rtw directory,same thing...next time i downloaded it went straight to rtw,but nothing changed...
    it says that F/documents and settings/(name)/application data/none/RTR VII/(a large number),doesnt have enough free space...
    D has about 30GB free
    F only 234 MB

so is there a way to change the initial pathof extracting main application file?
    this is quite interesting. I think you need about 963 MB free to extract out before putting it in D. The hotfix is about 180 MB. Will it let you extract the hotfix (even if you cant install the main game yet) just to see if it will let you?

diez's Avatar Biarchus

yeah i also tested that,and yes it runs ok...
    is there anyway to make it work?
    btw thanks for your time...+rep

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Andreius Pretorianus View Post
    i told you it says 1.4 in BI .and 1.3 in RTW

le :

can you answer a little faster?

i don t want to be rude,but i m raging for almolst 2 days now...
    You might need to re download BI 1.6 patch. If can't then the best thing is to report to CA/SEGA support.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Indefinitely Banned

@ Andreius Pretorianus

Just in case that you are in need of it, here is a link that will allow you to download a copy of the RTW-BI 1.6 Patch. I suggest that you establish that you have a working copy of RTW-BI, patched to 1.6, before you even try to install RTRVII. You will have to appreciate that, while we can advise and help with the installation of RTRVII, there is little we can do if you are having issues with your basic install of Rome or your PC.

As with all mod teams, all we can do is try and help you on a "best endeavours" basis, and cannot guarantee success.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

I added new download links hosted at Strategy Informer and ModDB provided by Blackshroud.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

diez's Avatar Biarchus

theres not any way to fix my problem???(see posts above)
    no rtr for me

theres not any way to fix my problem???(see posts above)
    no rtr for me
    i have a partition too which has loads of space on one and very little on the other one so i know how you feel. Is there any way you can clear about 960 MB to make space for the extraction? It would only be a temporary measure as well. Alot of stuff is hidden in My Documents even from games you've installed to D in various folders as well as AppData. Maybe old pics and music files you can move across from F to D?

How to recruit spartan skiritai and sparta hoplites?

diez's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    i have a partition too which has loads of space on one and very little on the other one so i know how you feel. Is there any way you can clear about 960 MB to make space for the extraction? It would only be a temporary measure as well. Alot of stuff is hidden in My Documents even from games you've installed to D in various folders as well as AppData. Maybe old pics and music files you can move across from F to D?

i only have mozila and antivirus,in this disc...i ll try to find any hiden to delete

Quote Originally Posted by kameni View Post
    How to recruit spartan skiritai and sparta hoplites?
    you cannot. you only get one of each at start of campaign and when you pass 25 regions then 50 regions. stops people/AI spamming elites like in 6

i only have mozila and antivirus,in this disc...i ll try to find any hiden to delete
    good luck, let me know how you got on.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

damn...
    i managed to free 1.5GB from my disc,but still it will stop at some point!
    it probably needs more that i cannot free...btw i installed it ok in my mini laptop...i will somehow try to transer it from the laptop to my pc...usb 2.0 is broken :S so maybe through lan?

Indefinitely Banned

damn...
    i managed to free 1.5GB from my disc,but still it will stop at some point!
    it probably needs more that i cannot free...btw i installed it ok in my mini laptop...i will somehow try to transer it from the laptop to my pc...usb 2.0 is broken :S so maybe through lan?

I'm not sure that I really understand the nature of your problem. Can you go describe it again please, and I'll try and help you.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    I'm not sure that I really understand the nature of your problem. Can you go describe it again please, and I'll try and help you.
    ok thanks for the interest...here's my problem,
    in my pc i have three partitions...the one with windows has only 300MB free space,the other 2 have many GB's available...the installer,when it says "extracting main application files" installs some files in my partition with 300MB free space...so at some point it stops,and says than this path has not enough space...i managed by removing some hidden files to increase my free space to 1,3 GB...although the installer itself is about 950 MB,the problem remains(but it stops later than it used to do with 300MB,probably cause it have more space to install the files).so what i need is to somehow change the path of the initial extracting,that u dont have choice to change it.

Indefinitely Banned

OK, can I assume that you have RTW installed on one of your larger partitions? When the RTRVII installer extracts files, it places them in a temporary directory, before it installs them into your your RTW installation itself. By default it sounds like it creates this temporary directory in your C\: partition, which does not have enough space to accommodate it.

Some options spring to mind (but I'm not a technical person, so I don't know how feasible they are going to be).

1. If the partition is not big enough, is there any way of making it bigger without affecting existing data on your PC?
    2. Is there any way to change where the default Temporary Directory is created?
    3. How big is your C\: partition, can you temporarily transfer data from it to another partition, thereby freeing up enough free space. Then after the installation of RTR, move the data back to it?
    4. Can you install RTW and RTRVII and the HotFix 1 on another PC, take a copy of the entire RTRVII directory, and then paste it into the Rome - Total War directory of your main computer?

Let me know if any of those options are possible.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    OK, can I assume that you have RTW installed on one of your larger partitions? When the RTRVII installer extracts files, it places them in a temporary directory, before it installs them into your your RTW installation itself. By default it sounds like it creates this temporary directory in your C\: partition, which does not have enough space to accommodate it.

Some options spring to mind (but I'm not a technical person, so I don't know how feasible they are going to be).

1. If the partition is not big enough, is there any way of making it bigger without affecting existing data on your PC?
    2. Is there any way to change where the default Temporary Directory is created?
    3. How big is your C\: partition, can you temporarily transfer data from it to another partition, thereby freeing up enough free space. Then after the installation of RTR, move the data back to it?
    4. Can you install RTW and RTRVII and the HotFix 1 on another PC, take a copy of the entire RTRVII directory, and then paste it into the Rome - Total War directory of your main computer?

Let me know if any of those options are possible.
    the partition with low free space and windows is F:...and it installs them there...rtw is installed in C:...D: has also many GB's left

1.i tried to remove(temporarily)some hidden files,it reached 1,3 GB but still nothing....
    2.Hmm i dont think so ,when i click on the installer it just starts to install there...
    3.by C: u mean my main disc...its 6GB but many are system files...do u know how can i transfer data to it from other partition?
    4.i installed it succesfuly in my laptop,i have some usb memory sticks,but the usb 2.0 of my pc is broken

thank you very much for your help!+rep

lol. I thought I'd try the torrent to speed up the download time and it went to about 50% in 30-40 minutes, but now its going at maybe 100 b/s...... At this rate it is estimated to take about 2-4 months to finish downloading! Need more seeders much???

Anyways, not your guys' fault. I'm looking forward to playing this mod and I'll leave some feedback once I actually get it up and running.

DukeCanada's Avatar Domesticus

2-4 months?! Ouch, haha.
    Rome Total Realism Public Relations Representative

"We saved so much money on toilet paper" - Remlap, after giving advice on proper wiping technique.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

wow,i downloaded with full speed,at 700kb/s in 25mins...i would seed it but for some reason i cannot...i have not set a barrier to upload speed,but its maximum is 4kb/s :S