Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: RTR VII Download Mirrors and Installation Guide

Default Re: RTR VII Download Mirrors and Installation Guide

Hi all, i see you need Barbarian Invasion for this Mod. Could someone please tell me if there's anything out there just for Rome Total War with no add_ons. Things i'd like the most is better AI, basically just better battles.

Thank you

Maximus14's Avatar Laetus

RTR Gold/Platinum is for original RTW: http://www.rometotalrealism.org/download.html

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus14 View Post
    RTR Gold/Platinum is for original RTW: http://www.rometotalrealism.org/download.html

cheers m8 much appreciated

i reseved such a message then starting the game "unable skeleton Fs_s1_hs_archer" and starting falls - whats wrong?

I am trying to download it but with every server I use it doesn´t work, always the same message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
    Can anyone help? Thanks

Hello All, I've had an issue in installing RTR 7, when ever I finish the download, and I re-route the download to the xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold or whatever, and it says it invalid.
    I use the Steam version, and I copy and pasted the xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold thing if that makes a difference (I made sure there were no extra spaces)
    Thank you everybody for your time.

hi the dl of

RTR-VII Patch 1a.rar

do not work ... Can someone control that plz.

The dl works again. I am happy to play in 30 min :-)

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

I can remember the hype building up to RTR 7s release and now i finily bought RTW Gold n Alexander on Steam after having sucseive fails with cdrom copys and am pon di download and cant wait to try it get in!!!
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

Anybody? Please, me and about 2 other guys need some help, and I'm getting pretty irritated that nobody has even responded yet.

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Quote Originally Posted by weerty01 View Post
    i reseved such a message then starting the game "unable skeleton Fs_s1_hs_archer" and starting falls - whats wrong?
    I think that there must be a problem with your installation. I'd recommend to uninstall RTR and then download and install it again in a seperate modfolder just to make sure that nothing else interferes with it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by albertomv View Post
    I am trying to download it but with every server I use it doesn´t work, always the same message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
    Can anyone help? Thanks
    I don't recognize this issue. Maybe you could try downloading another browser such as Firefox of Chrome. That might solve the problem

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAwesome View Post
    Hello All, I've had an issue in installing RTR 7, when ever I finish the download, and I re-route the download to the xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold or whatever, and it says it invalid.
    I use the Steam version, and I copy and pasted the xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold thing if that makes a difference (I made sure there were no extra spaces)
    Thank you everybody for your time.
    I'm sorry that this took a while, I've been having a quite busy RL the last weeks. As for the error, I don't have the Steam edition of RTW, so I can't give you any advise based on my personal experience. What I suggest is to uninstall RTR and then install it again following every step of the Steam guide:

If using the Steam version of the game follow the directions below-

Run the RTR VII installer like normal, changing the install path to xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold
    Ignore the launcher and short-cut prompts, they won't work
    Open Steam, right-click on Rome: Total War Gold in the My Games menu
    Select Properties
    Under the General tab select Set launch options ...
    Type in -mod:RTRVII -show_err -nm without quotations and click OK
    Launch Rome: Total War Gold by double-clicking it in the My Games menu
    Select Barbarian Invasion from the two-choice list and Launch.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Maurits; February 25, 2012 at 07:04 AM.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Thank you Maunits, I really appreciate the feedback
    I'm sorry for being impatient as well, I just love what I've seen from this mod

I tried re-installing Rome, and that didnt do the trick.
    What should I do?

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

I don't see why it wouldn't work for so many Steam users and not for you

Could you please explain what you did exactly step by step? Copying your target line might help, too.

Well first I used the strategy informer link to download it, then when it finished downloading, I changed the install path to xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold (I used copy and paste as I said before), and then it says "invalid install path" then the installer just dissapears

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

Aha, I see your problem

Instead of 'xxx' you should add your personal system data. For instance, I'd have to use this link:

C:/Program Files/Steam/...

I think that will solve your problem

Hey guys, beautiful mod and the first I have tried for any of the Total War series but I am having some issues.
    1) When I first start a campaign in RTR VII all of the in game map menu functions will not work, like construction, recruitment etc, etc I can't even click and select a unit in a town. It will let me select an army outside a town and move it, and generally move around the map but that is about it. Now I have figured out, if I save the campaign immediately then load it everything works. But fixing this would be nice, I'm sure it's something on my end, didn't see any issues on this but I just skimmed the forum.
    Also I have two other issues:
    2) Battles are very choppy even at recommended settings and my rig is no slouch.
    3) Have had several crashes while starting battles. Am I missing something?

Rig:
    ASUS SLI motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz
    8GB DDR2 800Mhz Memory
    Two Nvidia 9600GTS 1GB SLI'd Video Cards

Have installed the RTW & BI from scratch with the 1.6 patch and the RTRVII patch 1a
    Will try again, this time I will clean the registry before reinstall but any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Oh yea Mauritis, can you run the install wizard again without having to wait an hour for the mod to download again?

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

When you don't delete the download after having installed the game, you can just use it again as many times as you like

Quote Originally Posted by SDuaneS View Post
    Hey guys, beautiful mod and the first I have tried for any of the Total War series but I am having some issues.
    1) When I first start a campaign in RTR VII all of the in game map menu functions will not work, like construction, recruitment etc, etc I can't even click and select a unit in a town. It will let me select an army outside a town and move it, and generally move around the map but that is about it. Now I have figured out, if I save the campaign immediately then load it everything works. But fixing this would be nice, I'm sure it's something on my end, didn't see any issues on this but I just skimmed the forum.
    Also I have two other issues:
    2) Battles are very choppy even at recommended settings and my rig is no slouch.
    3) Have had several crashes while starting battles. Am I missing something?

Rig:
    ASUS SLI motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz
    8GB DDR2 800Mhz Memory
    Two Nvidia 9600GTS 1GB SLI'd Video Cards

Have installed the RTW & BI from scratch with the 1.6 patch and the RTRVII patch 1a
    Will try again, this time I will clean the registry before reinstall but any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance
    I'm sure that this is a corrupted install. Your rig is above average, you've got the correct patches so everything should work. I'd advise to delete VII, download it again from another mirror and then reinstall everything following the instructions. Then it should work

Conclamatus's Avatar Ordinarius

I have a problem with the patch 1a link. It doesn't allow me to download. All I get is this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    No webpage was found for the web address: http://media1.gamefront.com/guploads...cc56fcf4bd8945
    Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The file or directory could not be found.

btw, I'm using Google Chrome and I've also tried on Firefox and IE but it doesn't work on both

Sorry for my bad English