Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first look at scots banner

Logue's Avatar Semisalis

Default first look at scots banner

This is the first picture of the scots that i have seen and it looks nice, although about to get a kicking from the english . lol
    The only point i would like to make here (gets the needle and starts picking*) the saltire should be sky blue not the royal blue that is on the union flag!

http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/800...g_3499095.html

my point made, what are your thoughts?

Default Re: first look at scots banner

The colour of the saltire in those days would have been more related to what dye was available, not what shade they wanted. Just be glad the flag isnt a glamour shot of mel gibson!

Logue's Avatar Semisalis

true but it was dyed darker for a reason, older dyes ran alot more than our modern dyes and if you were to read up about how the flag was adopted then it should be sky blue.

I'll admit its darker than it should be aswell, and I know the story about King Angus, Sky Blue, and Saint Andrew, my dad is a Scot

Logue's Avatar Semisalis

Good stuff.

The banner is all right ^^ .... but why i have a feeling that the graphics in this Screenshot is ugly -_-

Peace.....

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Its more the colors on those skins than anything. The matching uniforms..argh. Although it is nice to hear units will be comprised of 3 or so different unit models and skins, so at least we'll have a lot to work with.

In other shots it's been as much as 7 or 8 different uniforms. I'd be pretty sure the scots are a WIP atm.

i find it frustrating the colour choice they have choicin the brigt blue and white makes it painful on the eyes.

i don't think the can do any worse than bright blue or pink ( apart form putting them together ....)
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

eXc | Imperator... Aper Hajes djanes

Quote Originally Posted by Ewan
    i find it frustrating the colour choice they have choicin the brigt blue and white makes it painful on the eyes.
    Hey CA Have done alot worse *cough* barbarian Invasion *cough* I personally find it ok but time will tell.
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

It's not as bad as it might be. As for the flag, I would have preferred to see the Lion Rampant, but perhaps this is more recognisable to ten year-olds... ahem, I mean the fans. Joking aside, it does actually look very good. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    It's not as bad as it might be. As for the flag, I would have preferred to see the Lion Rampant, but perhaps this is more recognisable to ten year-olds... ahem, I mean the fans. Joking aside, it does actually look very good. For now.
    the lions royal flag for the scots is actually the same colour as the english 3 lions so it would of been confusing when the 2 armys fought ( specailly since these 2 factions are right beside each other)

Logue's Avatar Semisalis

Any one notice the spears/pikes in the upper left corner of the picture?

Also yeah the lion would have looked cool they could have done a mixture of both with the lion and the saltire.

The Lion Rampant was first used as a symbol of Scotland as the Royal banner by 'The Lion' William I of Scotland in 1165, and since that is 85 years after the start of the game, it would be inaccurate. And I doubt CA will go through the trouble of changing the banner later in the game.

but im sure CA's main reason is because its not in braveheart

Though I am of course "pro emancipation" I don't like pink units either. I hope that CA might put a little more effort into the banners. However, it will be difficult to make them "historically correct" as the game will cover a huge amount of time (err..turns) and banners often change during such periods.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

The logical thing to do would be to take the banner that was used at the time the game starts - though what banner the Scots used in the Year of Our Lord Turn 0, I'm not sure...

Apoc

Wow isnt that taking it a little too far? To be complaining about the shade of blue on a banner?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast