Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got an hour to donate? PLEASE HELP!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: Got an hour to donate? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks. Please follow the opening post for details!

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro
    Budapest, Hungary formerly Melbourne Australia

Alas, I am too late someone has already finished the work on Chronica Jutensis . However I have made an edit. There was no end date as to when the Chronica was written. I have however found a source on it. My source: Rikke Agnete Olsen, Jyske Krřnike, Wormianum forlag, 1995. It reads as such:
    "It is written somewhere around 1342-1350. Since the book does not mention Estonia being sold to the Livonian Order, which happened September 29, 1346, it must be written before this date or shortly after. It would probably not be common knowledge for a few years, so it can be written after 1346."
    Therefore I have edited it as such: from 1342 - // To 1342 - 1350

If you need anything else Hross just give us a shout!

Quote Originally Posted by Diodredai View Post
    Alas, I am too late someone has already finished the work on Chronica Jutensis . However I have made an edit. There was no end date as to when the Chronica was written. I have however found a source on it. My source: Rikke Agnete Olsen, Jyske Krřnike, Wormianum forlag, 1995. It reads as such:
    "It is written somewhere around 1342-1350. Since the book does not mention Estonia being sold to the Livonian Order, which happened September 29, 1346, it must be written before this date or shortly after. It would probably not be common knowledge for a few years, so it can be written after 1346."
    Therefore I have edited it as such: from 1342 - // To 1342 - 1350

If you need anything else Hross just give us a shout!
    Having -re-read the part in the post concerning artefacts not needing an end date, has my work been a complete self facepalm ?
    Last edited by Meneth; February 06, 2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Double post

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: Got an hour to donate? PLEASE HELP! (read the 1st post!)

I have already donated certain informations about Shota Rustaveli - en Georgian medieval epic author, poet.

here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

What are the guidelines for setting "transferable" to "no"?

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Hi JoeCool, and welcome to TWC

Basically if an object can always be transferred generally speaking. If it strikes you as VERY unlikely that a Christian relic would be passed to the possession of a pagan for instance then you can add 'not pagan' in the faction specific column.

People can be transferred, for instance a famous author might travel (be moved by you) between certain characters. Others might stay with one patron all their lives- again it is pretty much your view of what is realistic. There are no hard rules, and you have a lot of freedom to do what you want.

Note about effects: an ancillary can only have maximum 5 effects.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Icon10 Re: Got an hour to donate? PLEASE HELP! (read the 1st post!)

(progress on day 1 i will continue to update my progress in this thread until i finish most of it)

hey Horss i've been doing this for a while and i managed to filled all the gaps in column c to k and from row 5 to row 125

i will try to fill all the gaps around the area i specified since those historical characters as well as other ancillaries don't have a pic of their own might so yeah i will post more of there threads like this in a day or 2 to review my progress

p.s hopefully i can finish this in 2 weeks and as well as helping me and the team for a faster release

edit no.1: can't do row 204 in column k due to a lack of information from google

edit no.2: can't do row 233 (all columns) since i don't know does the word Coupart exist at all ......

thats it for today will continue from row 254 tomorrow (if i had time...........) and the edit note is what i had fail to fill the gaps due to a lack of info and etc...........

now i had 800 lines to go and it don't look pretty for me
    Last edited by The excited one; January 26, 2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: thats it for today
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

i have done 90 ancillaries so far but i think some serious corrections should be made on the file, there are many mistakes. Also I wonder should a manuscript such as Flateyjarbók be limited to a culture such as northern european or be open to all cultures considering it is a paper after all?

Good work guys!!!!!!
    Looking forward to Dominion of the Sword
    PSN ID: mynameisowen; add me if you play GT5 or Battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisowen View Post
    Good work guys!!!!!!
    then do the work then not just saying "good work guys"

Quote Originally Posted by acegeraci View Post
    i have done 90 ancillaries so far but i think some serious corrections should be made on the file, there are many mistakes. Also I wonder should a manuscript such as Flateyjarbók be limited to a culture such as northern european or be open to all cultures considering it is a paper after all?
    tell me what row did you do then i will find it easily
    (george orwell 1984)

The Source's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    then do the work then not just saying "good work guys"

some of us would like to contribute for an earlier release but sadly we are to busy, for example im a student in my last year studying for exams(that needs to get a end of year score of 78(btw only you would understand this since your australian aswell c) and having 2 part time jobs

(progress on day 2 i will continue to update my progress in this thread until i finish most of it)

start from row 254 right now and hopefully i can do it to 400 (i guess)

edit no.1 : fail to do row295 Epilogum in gesta sanctorum since i can't find info from it

edit no.2 : row 302 lack of info Étienne de Meaux

edit no.3 : row 309 lack of info from Fahkr-i mudabbir

edit no.4 : can't find active years and even the year of writing in row 329 Frostatingsloven

edit no.5 : historic character cannot be dated according to wikipedia row 338 Garin d'Apchier

edit no.6 : no info from google at all from Gesta magnfica domus Carrariensis row 368

edit no.7 : row 393 Girart de Roussillon actually lives during the 9th century not late 11th century so i didn't put a thing in

edit no.8 : row 399 Giunta Pisano don't know where does he come from so i didn't put where he appear

p.s that's it for today the second day phew i managed to reach row 400th i will start at 402th row tommorrow if i can since it is weekend and the edits are what i failed to do due to a lack of info. and also there are lots of gaps so it slows me down in filling the gaps lolol if anyone who has time help the modders and help ourselves to finish the mod quicker

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    some of us would like to contribute for an earlier release but sadly we are to busy, for example im a student in my last year studying for exams(that needs to get a end of year score of 78(btw only you would understand this since your australian aswell c) and having 2 part time jobs
    yeah i can see the problem here exams in december oh well atleast im a uni student now and manged to have long summer holidays (3 months) oh well its up to me to fill in the gaps in the excel sheet then

btw i got 76 from my secondary exam a year back damn you beat me
    Last edited by The excited one; January 28, 2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: second day (finish)
    (george orwell 1984)

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

edit no.1 : fail to do row295 Epilogum in gesta sanctorum since i can't find info from it
    This was written by Bartholomew of Trent (c.1200-1251), who was a Dominican hagiographer who wrote the Epilogum in gesta sanctorum (Afterword on the deeds of the saints). It was probably written in the 1230s/1240s in Bologna.
    edit no.2 : row 302 lack of info Étienne de Meaux
    fl.1250 in Paris although born in Meaux, a city near Paris, in the mid 1220s. He was a composer and troubador who often wrote songs involving women and relationships.
    edit no.3 : row 309 lack of info from Fahkr-i mudabbir
    He might not be particularly relevant to this mod as he was writing in India and compiled a genealogy linking the Ghurids to the Prophet Mohammed in Lahore in the early 13th century.
    edit no.5 : historic character cannot be dated according to wikipedia row 338 Garin d'Apchier
    His the dating of him is uncertain but judging from the date of his vida he was probably active in the last quarter of the 12th century - so c.1170-1210.
    edit no.6 : no info from google at all from Gesta magnifica domus Carrariensis row 368
    The Gesta magnfica domus Carrariensis (The deeds of the magnificent house of Carrara) is a 15th century Gesta of the Carrara family of Padua. Originally they were feudal lords of the village of Carrara but became the despots of Padua after 1318. The Carrara were well known Italian patrons of the arts in 14th century Padua. I have no idea what the date of the document is (first quarter of 15th century perhaps? so 1400-1425), but it would appear in Padua.
    edit no.8 : row 399 Giunta Pisano don't know where does he come from so i didn't put where he appear
    He is from Pisa.

(progress on day 3 i will continue to update my progress in this thread until i finish most of it)

start from row 402 right now planning to do it until 550 (or 600 if i had time who knows )

edit no.1 : i can't find the active years from row 445 for Guiraudo lo Ros

edit no.2 : i can't find the active years from row 448 for Guiraut de Salignac

edit no.3 : i can't find the year that the manuscript is created in row 505 In Lebor Ogaim

edit no.4 : can't find the year from row 514 Isaac ben Samuel the Elder

edit no.5 : can't find the year from row 518 Isaac of Chernigov

edit no.6 : can't find the year from row 532 Jans der Enikel

edit no.7 : can't find where he comes from in row 536 Jaufre Rudel

edit no.8 : can't find place and time in row 554 Jehan de Mandeville

edit no.9 : can't find anything at all in row 558 Jehan Fremaux does he exist?

thats it for today and i managed to reach row 570 woo 170 rows done and yeah and thus its my third day and i will continue to do it tommorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Viridios View Post
    He is from Pisa.
    thanks for your tips Viridios i can fill the gaps that i mentioned yesterday i might finish the excel sheet in a week if i don't have any RL stuff
    Last edited by The excited one; January 28, 2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: third day
    (george orwell 1984)

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro

Today I have edited approx. 30 entries and I will continue adding them throughout the week.
    Also: I've asked for permission from Hross to add a few entries myself, permission that was granted, thank you Hross.
    Why?
    Because I've found that the Kingdom of Hungary has very few entries (about 4-5) whilst other factions have +30-40. Therefore I've added the following:
    The Golden Bull of 1222 (The magna charta of Hungary)
    Mark of Kálti (Author of Chronion Pictum)
    The holy relics of both St. Stephen of Hungary (the first King to be cannonized) and St. Ladislaus which are of great importance in Hungary.
    Friar Julian (Who brought word of the impending Mongolian invasion to Europe, and also was the first European explorer to document his travels in the Mongolian domain)
    Rogerius of Apulia (Writer of the chronicle of the Mongolian devastation in Hungary [1241-1242])

And I will continue to add entries regarding Hungary, that are well documented. Feel free to add some yourself, I'll check the dates, and information.
    ADDED ENTRIES REGARDING HUNGARY CAN BE FOUND AT THE VERY BOTTOM!
    ~ Cheers
    Diodredai

EDIT: Just added 21 rows for Hungarian stuff.
    Also: question: when finding sources for the original name of a character/artifact exct (In my case the Ebstorf map) if we find no source such as latin or the like, should we paste in the contemporary name? (In german Die Ebstorfer Weltkarte)

Also: Could I get a latin alphabet version of: "Պատմություն: մեր շրջապատի այլացեղ ազգերից մեզ հասած արհավիրքների մասին"? Translation: By: Lastivertci, History: About the Sufferings Visited Upon by Foreign Peoples Living Around Us.
    Last edited by Diodredai; January 28, 2012 at 05:03 PM.

Creator of the Unoffical DotS FAQ thread
    "Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")
    Creator of the Share your musical heritage! thread in the DotS forums

my humble apologies for not continuing the excel sheet since i got RL stuff (fun!) to do with friends so i will just continue tomorrow anyway

p.s Diodredai mate its up to you continue for today lol
    (george orwell 1984)

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro

my humble apologies for not continuing the excel sheet since i got RL stuff (fun!) to do with friends so i will just continue tomorrow anyway

p.s Diodredai mate its up to you continue for today lol
    I've got to study aswell but I'll do another hour (150 or so entries today).

"Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")

Quote Originally Posted by Diodredai View Post
    I've got to study aswell but I'll do another hour (150 or so entries today).
    excellent it will speed up the progress as our great Dots leader Hross says if we finish the excel sheet and do what i had failed to do today due to RL stuff

ahhhh studying good luck then

p.s thanks for letting me to be my friend oh esteem one

p.p.s you a uni student?

my forth day to finish the excel sheet starting from row 783 might reach 850 (or 900 if possible) in the end since i got RL stuff (FUN!) to do and then it will be Diodredai's shift to do the sheet

row 794 Jónsbók only icelandic language need some english translation

row 801 even wikipedia are not sure where Joseph ibn Plat comes from

row 811 is confusing (Katib)

thats it for today due to more RL situations i only managed to reach row 840 so yeah ........ and also there are lots of gaps between row 840 and 1160 so let me see 320 rows to go so at this rate 3 or 4 more days to finish this unless Diodredai is absent

p.s sorry mate i got a really bit RL stuff which stops me from working
    Last edited by Ishan; February 03, 2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Double Post
    (george orwell 1984)

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro

Donated 4 new docs. Docs are the following:
    Blessed Eusebius of Esztergom (Founder of the Paulite monastic order in Hungary, historical character)
    Święta Kinga (Patron saint of Poland & Lithuania, daughter of King Louis of Hungary, historical character)
    The bones of Saint Gerard Sagredo (Patron saint of Hungary, became a martyr for the christian fate in 1080, relic)
    Saint Margaret of Hungary (Patron saint of Hungary, daugter of King Béla the IVth, historical character)

All docs above are fully documented with no gaps to fill. I will continue adding such entries regarding the Kingdom of Hungary.

This is excellent work you guys have been doing. I guess you've deserved the bragging rights
    Veni Vidi Velcro

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato_Sandwich View Post
    This is excellent work you guys have been doing. I guess you've deserved the bragging rights
    No, thank you guys for getting this mod of it's feet and supporting it for all these years. We're only here to help . By the way, is there a limit for how much text can be added the items that I have added? If you could please check The bones of Saint Gerard Sagredo , (row 1161, last item on the Excel sheet, native name: Szent Sagredo Gellért csontjai). I've translated a large amount of Hungarian text that is otherwise unavailable in English (Sources if any Hungarians are interested: Györffy Rózsa: Új magyar legendárium//
    Török József: A magyar föld szentjei//Szegfű László: Még egyszer Szent Gellért prédikációiról)

~ Diodredai

EDIT: added the "The Letter of Batu Khan to King Béla IV". For those who do not know, here is the description I have copied from many sources included in the letter. I believe that this is perhaps the most important document regarding the Mongol's invasion in 1241-1242 of Europe. It reads as following:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Letter of Batu Khan (the leader of the Golden horde in 1237) was brought home by Brother Julianus, a Dominican friar in medieval Hungary, who was sent by King Béla IV to find the long lost relatives of Hungarians in Magna Hungaria (The Kazakh Steppe) [There is a theory contrary to this, namely that he was a spy of the Pope, who was worried that the predominantly pagan Mongols might descend upon Europe]. The friar who had already been to Magna Hungaria, and brought word of the Mongol menace, returned to find what happened to the relatives of the Hungarians, however he could not travel further than Moscow, as the Tatars had devastated everything in their path. The khan, who captured the friar set him free, so that he could return home with the letter. The letter reads as following: „Én a Kán, az Égi Király küldöttje, kinek hatalmat adott a földön, hogy a meghódolókat a maguk viszonyai között fenntartsam, az ellenszegülőket pedig eltiporjam: csodálkozom rajtad magyarok királyocskája, hogy amikor már harmincadszor küldök hozzád követeket, vajjon miért nem küldesz vissza közülük egyet sem hozzám? Sem követeidet, sem levelet nem küldtél viszont hozzám. Tudom, hogy gazdag és hatalmas király vagy, hogy sok az alattvaló katonád és hogy egyedül uralkodsz egy nagy királyságban és éppen ezért saját jószántadból nehezen hódolsz meg előttem. Pedig jobb és üdvösebb lesz reád nézve is, ha önként hódolsz meg előttem. Értesültem arról is, hogy a kúnokat, az én szolgáimat pártfogásodba vetted. Ezért meghagyom neked, ne tartsd őket továbbra is magadnál, hogy ellenségeddé ne legyek miattuk. Könnyebb ugyanis a kúnoknak kivándorolniok, mint neked; minthogy azok ház híján sátraikkal ide-oda vándorolnak, talán elkerülhetnek engem, de te házakban lakozol, neked váraid és városaid vannak, hogy menekülsz meg hát kezemből?!” (Translation: I, the Khan, the messenger of the King of Heaven, who uplifts those who surrender willingly to me and my armies, and who vanquishes those who resist, am wondering, why, oh King of Hungary, do you not answer my call, I have sent messengers thirty times already, yet you do not send your servants to me. I know you are a rich and powerful king, that you have many souls in your army and that you rule your kingdom alone, therefore you are unwilling to surrender to me. It would be however better for you if you surrender willingly. I have heard also that you have given sanctuary to the Cumans, my serfs. Therefore I suggest to you: do not keep them by your side, let us not become enemies because of them. For it is easier for the Cumans to leave your lands than you, they have no permanent home, they live where they set camp. Perhaps they can evade my wrath, but you; who lives in houses, whose people live in castles and cities, how shall you escape my grasp?!". The letter is an important document due to two things: firstly, it is highly unusual that such a powerful sovereign such as the Khan of the Golden horde sent not one, or two but thirty messengers to a single monarch. This shows that the power of the Hungarian kings was feared on the steppe, a reputation rightfully earned, as up to 1242, no Steppe nation could successfully invade the Carpathian basin. This letter also has great importance in terms of principle: the Hungarians could have opened their borders to the Mongols, who would have taken the torch to western Europe. Yet the Hungarian King, proving once and for all that the Kingdom of Hungary had rightfully earned it's place in Europe, at the very forefront of the Catholic world: the shield arm of Christianity, declined the offer of the Mongols. Hungary would repel the Mongol invasion of 1241-1242, but at great cost, according to sources, approx. 50% of the population was massacred. A high price Hungary had to pay, for the freedom of Europe. A price that Hungary would prepare to pay several times during it's turbulent but glorious history.

You are welcome Europe
    Last edited by Diodredai; January 30, 2012 at 05:03 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast