Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got an hour to donate? PLEASE HELP!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: Got an hour to donate?

Someone wrote Tywysog as an ancillary
    A) This is a title
    B) This is not an artefact

Therefore it does not belong in this list

Another point, artefacts, don't have 'birth and death' dates- they arrive into the game at a certain date but don't leave.

Also, I need to say again we cannot have cells for the dates with info such as "written 1282-1350". We can ONLY use a date. Again, if a book was written at a certain date then chose a single year when it enters the game.
    Last edited by Hengest; September 04, 2011 at 04:07 AM.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Iam a bit confused now , so are the names that we are completing their descriptions by using wikipedia ,STANDARD, or we can add our own?
    Also iam using the wrap option from the tool bar, how many times i should press that button, shall i press it as many times as it will allow me to see all the text, or leave the text hidden within the square-cell?

EDIT
    Ok iam stopping now, and i will wait for an answer, i edited the following names by adding descriptions to them from Wikipedia, AM I DOING anything wrong? And if yes what is that ?
    Thank you
    I edited the following names , Jean the roux , Jean renaut, Jean de Clisson, Jeanne de Montfort, Jehan de Braine, Jehan de Greavilier .
    Are their ok?
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; September 04, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

I am hesitant about editing Giovanni Villani. It says he was a diplomat, and therefore I wonder if he shouldn't be a recruitable diplomat from the Florence region, and not a trait or an ancillary.

Megasalexandros there are columns for the 'common reference name' and for the historically correct name.

The wrap button should only need pressing once or twice until the text cell returns to normal size. If the text cell is still large when it has been shrunk by the wrap button, then there are spaces and paragraphs in the text within the cell that you need to remove.

Scripting a diplomat agent is far too much trouble. Please simplify our job here and just add them as ancillaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    At the very least, is there a way to ensure that he *only* appears as ancillary to the Holy Roman Emperor himself, and not a lesser general? Please advise.
    Yes you can add this information in a new column called "notes for coders"

*Eilmer of Malmesbury is actually dead before our start

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

I have done alot of them, but i only added the descriptions and dates (there were a lot of persons though that i couldnt add the dates which they were active cause they were just missing from the description itself)
    and i also havent edited the rest of the cells, such as regions , limited to one faction, transferable etc, i dont know what i should add.
    But in any case, iam waiting to see if the descriptions are correctly added.

All from Jean de rux to johannes hispaniensis are my own (i have done others also), are they correct HROSS, if they arent , what am i doing wrong?
    Thanks.
    Also i want to note that i HAVENT added the names, the characters, i found them already being there but their descriptions were empty i just filled them from wikipedia and done a few edits here and there in the text
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; September 05, 2011 at 05:06 AM.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Yes you can add this information in a new column called "notes for coders
    Thanks, Hross. That'll do. One more question:

Is "Lignum Crucis" meant to refer to the "True Cross" that Saladin took from the Christians after Hattin (in which case it would be unique), or is it meant to refer to the shards that cropped up all over Europe––some of which ended up in Spain and the Vatican (in which case it there would be many)?

Nice to see the page filling up! Great work, all.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; September 05, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Oooh cool. I'll get onto this as soon as I have a day off, which will be in like 3 days. I actually love doing this type of stuff, I'm a little OCD so it kinda feels good filling in lists and stuff
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Heh! Great! Your help will be much appreciated.

NOTE: duplicates lines must be removed

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    NOTE: duplicates lines must be removed
    Yeah, what's with all those duplicates? Is someone double-editing?

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Guys- more "eastern" ancilliaries would be good- for eastern European factions, and, even more importantly, Islamic ones, which have barely any thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Guys- more "eastern" ancilliaries would be good- for eastern European factions, and, even more importantly, Islamic ones, which have barely any thus far.
    It seems to me tonnes of new ancilleries have cropped up in the spreadsheet recently (which is great), what's happening are completed ones being taken out by the team? Or just more being added?

Going for a new run now

---------EDIT---------

Hey guys is there an absolute limit to the amount of writing to go in the description? I cannot remember how it appears ingame, do they get their own scroll or isit just mouse-over information?

I ask because in very few cases, such as this chronicle regarding the plague, there's actualy ALOT of worthwile information on wiki that was really fun and insightful to read (Honestly!) And so could be a boon to the player who comes accross it.

If the answer is no i'll go and remove it and just leave the overview.
    Last edited by Mighty_Matt; September 08, 2011 at 03:59 PM.

PIPA and SOPA are “the equivalent of being angry and trying to take action against Ford just because a Mustang was used in a bank robbery.” - Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian

No, it was me. I noticed that people started adding their own- unfortunately most of these were already were in our own completed work. So I posted everything we had so that there would be no duplicates and everything could be completed.

Matt- I wondered about the text field too, I admit I haven't got around to checking that. I'll do it now.

Fantastic work on this spreadsheet lads! Really happy with the way it is coming along! Things are looking about 75% done actually, just small things like the red marked cells for incorrect date and region formatting but otherwise this could be ready to code in a week!

If anyone feels like they have time to help with a more advanced task then PM me. Read about it here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Each ancillary will have effects on the character that possesses the ancillary. Therefore we need to make our effects relevant to the identity of the ancillary. For instance, a famous painter might increase a character's authority or piety etc. If you want to help give the coders the 'hints' they need to code the effects-- we could really use the help.

It is actually quite easy. I will give you a list of available effect parameters and from the list you then choose what effects the ancillary should have, you write that in the Excel spreadsheet and the coders will then be able to code that information. Here is an example of the kinds of effects you can give an ancillary:

+3 auth, +3 troop morale, +2 law, +100 tax, +2 HP, +2 farming, +5 line of sight, +3 battle surgery, +2 personal security, +2 public security, +5 construction, +2 local popularity, +3 heresy immunity, +5 bribe resistance

Easy!
    Last edited by Meneth; February 06, 2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Double post

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Hross,

you know me, I'm already and all times to ready help to your team, just send me personal e-mail with current task, it's more sample for me , ok

Tiro

OH yes i used to work on this spreadsheet by finding dates and stuff before i had to quit this because of a emergency... ^ ^

Yes your work was very useful, much of the spreadsheet is based on it!

Please don't give up guys, we are nearly finished- we just need those red cells filling or correcting. We are nearly there!

PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by Meneth; February 06, 2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Double post

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Got an hour to donate? PLEASE HELP!

i got lots of time during my summer holidays i can help
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Father Jack's Avatar expletive intended

If you still need a hand with anything then I would gladly lend a hand. I have a lot of this sort of experience + a degree in medieval history.

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro
    Budapest, Hungary formerly Melbourne Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Viridios View Post
    If you still need a hand with anything then I would gladly lend a hand.
    Seconded, although I have no experience in modding any menial task that is associated with the project, I would gladly help with: on the second hand, my guess is that recruiting new members, teaching them to do XYZ would only slow down the progress of the mod. Anyhow I thought I'd chip in.

Also:
    - I have access to literature regarding 10th-15th century Hungary that has not been translated to English, only Russian and German, that I would gladly translate.
    - I have access also to unlimited ammounts of spare time, that I would sacrafice gladly on the altar of helping speeding up the release
    - Sandwiches & Coffee.

Cheers
    - Diodredai

You'll get all the time I can spare.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast