Thread: Corupt Governors

Default Corupt Governors

Hi First time poster ......
    I am loving RTR7 , can't stop.
    My question is about locating Governors into towns.
    Mine all go berserk with corruption !
    It's so bad I have reverted to placing the Governors outside of each town so I can make a little money.
    Can someone please explain what is going on.

Thanks

Default Re: Corupt Governors

I had this problem too: its because you have too much money in your treasury. In RTR7 all your buildings cost huge amounts of money so, naturally, you stockpile more so you can build them in many cities once their current building is done. Unfortunately, the mod still has it set that once you have more than 70k in your treasury (I think) your generals start getting corrupt stats

Should ask the modders to edit the file tbh its quite annoying

As a workaround you can edit the file so that corrupt characteristics arent harmful: I changed the extravegant - mildly extravagent etc traits to give +1 management :/

thanks for your reply
    But I don't HAVE any money, just a piddling 10,000 or so at the start of the turn.
    Their corruption in the settlement details is keeping me poor.

Eg If I place a Gov in a Large town it returns -2500, but if I take the Gov out of the town the income reverts to +500 ( just example figures, not actual figures).

Is this the same problem as you described?

thanks for your reply
    But I don't HAVE any money, just a piddling 10,000 or so at the start of the turn.
    Their corruption in the settlement details is keeping me poor.

Eg If I place a Gov in a Large town it returns -2500, but if I take the Gov out of the town the income reverts to +500 ( just example figures, not actual figures).

Is this the same problem as you described?
    What numbers are you looking at? The "overall" number on the map is essentially bogus and should be ignored. "Negative" city incomes are never really negative, cities always give you positive income (a city could be producing 90% of your income and still have a negative number on the campaign map). Open up the details page to see the real numbers for income. It might have nothing to due with corruption and is really just the silly way that army upkeep costs are spread out.
    Last edited by Sphere; November 18, 2011 at 01:25 AM.

Either that or you were really u nlucky and your governors were born with horrible traits.

Whenever that happens I just use them as filler troops in my armys (general bodyguard units are always strong) and if they "accidentally" die, well, at least he made a contribution

Have you read about the new Roman rank system e.g. Consul, Praetors, Aedilius, etc? I was in the same quandry until I learned this new aspect of the game... Essentially, you must make your young officers into politicians, and until then, they will only cause trouble in a City.

Thanks for all the replies
    SteveinAlabama was spot on the money ... rookie mistake !

Please consider this thread "done".