Thread: Mod Manager error?

Default Mod Manager error?

Greetings all.

I just got me Mod Manager latest release, but when I try to run it, it goes error "f:/steammaps\common/total war shogun 2\data" not found.
    I do not have a clue what this means, what it wants from me, or where to alter the path to what the mod manager requests.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

PS: if this post is in the wrong thread I apologize. I am new here and somewhat lost...

Default Re: Mod Manager error?

Not all at once please. I can't keep up...

You did the slashes wrong, its spposed to e steamapps/common/total war shogun/data

Yes, typo.
    It was correct on my drive though.

Solved: I copied the frikken game into that frikken directory "f:\Steamapps\common\Total War Shogun 2\" and it works splendidly now.
    I do not get why some idiot programs require a certain path, I am not even master of my own sodding computer anymore...
    Where is this going too...

Anyway, thank you, Ceasar.
    For others with this error, just put yer game into the "[Your Drive]:\Steamapps\common\Total War Shogun 2" (where [Your Drive] = the drive you installed Shogun 2 on), and you're good to go.

PS: Dear Moderator: I tried editing my post to alter my topic's name, but sadly no go.
    Please alter the post's name into "ModMan Error: bad path - SOLVED".
    Thank you VERY much!!!
    Last edited by Puffy; September 03, 2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Added the PS:

Sorry about grave digging, The old Mod Manager was really bloated with bad code, which caused errors for some involving detecting the game path. the / & \ don't affect the path at all, still works. The mod manager also only works for steam versions of the game.. if you have a non steam version then it wont work since it uses steams reg keys to detect the path That is all
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0Ghz OC'D to 3.53Ghz
    MOBO: M4A89TD PRO USB3, Bios 2001
    RAM: Kingston PC3-10700 2 GB x 2 & Kingston PC3-10700 1 GB x 2 OC'D From 1333 Mhz to 1553Mhz
    GPU: Shappire HD5870 1GB
    HHD(Is immportant) 1TB WD Caviar Black, sata 3 64mb cache
    Moniter: ViewSonic 24' LCD 1920x1080@60Hertz
    ShoGun 2 Mod Manager