Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: If Sauron and his armies had conquered Middle Earth, what would they have done with it?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: If Sauron and his armies had conquered Middle Earth, what would they have done with it?

While, of course, his version of the dictatorship of the proletariat is "The worker is me".

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: If Sauron and his armies had conquered Middle Earth, what would they have done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    While, of course, his version of the dictatorship of the proletariat is "The worker is me".
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm pretty sure Sauron would have implemented a program of gentrification throughout Middle Earth, pushing affordable housing for low income inhabitants of Middle Earth way further north, until they reached distant places like Angmar.

Civis

You ever read the end of the End Times for Warhammer Fantasy? I envision something as confusing as that, although I doubt that Sauron would commit such a blunder of epic proportions.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

If Sauron controlled all of Middle Earth, he'd convert it into a gigantic, never-ending theme park of pain and roller coasters in order to augment taxes with ticket fares to rides.

LOL. Sauron could turn Barad-Dur into a giant drop tower.

That would keep the peasants happy and distracted while he rules them with the one ring.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post

AAARRGGHH!!!Ngugi, what is this now? I hope you have answered the question as required first.

BTW, so was Stalin's version.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

A jest of the mere proposal that Sauron would to been a communist, mate

This thread manage to be about as serious and founded as the usual ignorant, wannabe-nihilistic Sauron-hugging we see now and then

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

As commie as Stalin...

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Ruunu View Post
    Just the mere thought of Sauron vs Tulkas, Manwe and Ulmo to name few? There is no victory for Sauron there.

REMINDER THAT THE HOST OF VALINOR COWERED BEFORE THE ARMY OF NUMENOR, A HUMAN ARMY, AND ONLY THE DIRECT INTERVENTION OF ERU SAVED THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drashkael View Post
    REMINDER THAT THE HOST OF VALINOR COWERED BEFORE THE ARMY OF NUMENOR, A HUMAN ARMY, AND ONLY THE DIRECT INTERVENTION OF ERU SAVED THEM.
    They really weren't cowering. it was more that since the humans were Eru's creation, none of them really were sure what to do, and so they asked Eru to deal with it.

And they also probably didn't want to fight a war on thier home soil. As a reminder, the last time Valinor went to war they broke an entire continent.

Please rep me for my posts, not for the fact that i have a Pony as an Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by TWWolfe View Post
    They really weren't cowering. it was more that since the humans were Eru's creation, none of them really were sure what to do, and so they asked Eru to deal with it.

And they also probably didn't want to fight a war on thier home soil. As a reminder, the last time Valinor went to war they broke an entire continent.
    Agreed. It was not the problem of not having the power, but simply not wanting to destroy the misguided humans, that were revolted with their Fate, a fate that it was know only to Eru, as not even the Valar knew the truth of it. So they invoked Eru to solve the problem as He saw fit. This reluctance of acting is seen during the Silmarilion, as The Valar were not omniscient and didn't want to divert the course of history even more away from the planned Music of Creation.

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

As much as I sincerely hate to resurrect this thread for the 4th time, I had a few things to say:

I have not seen the point made once in this thread that Sauron's primary hatred was for the Elves, as soon as immediately after Melkor was defeated by the hosts of the Valar. This is proven by the War of Elves and Sauron. Sauron sought vengeance against the Elves who would constantly stand in opposition to his ability to do anything, and waged war against those who he believed would defend and ally them (Such as Gondor or Rohan). Sauron sought the downfall of Numenor since his defeat was their doing after the Elves had been beaten back to Lindon during the WoES, and they would otherwise be unthinking pawns of the Valar and Eldar. Sauron furthermore had never explicitly planned to wage war against the men of Rhun, Harad, Khand , the domains of the Black Numenoreans, the Middle Men, or even the majority of the Northmen before Rhovanion fell. He also bore no direct dislike for the Dwarves, and actually sent messengers to speak with them before the outbreak of the War of the Ring.

Therefore, I believe that if Sauron had successfully conquered Middle Earth, he would have simply allowed all who did NOT oppose him to exist in relative peace. Of course, no such peace would occur since both Men and Orcs are prone to warring against their own kin. As for what he himself would do during that time, he most likely would enjoy watching as the other races wage war against each other, or amongst each other as they slaughter themselves time and time again. Sauron would be the God of Middle Earth and Eru would be forgotten. Sauron would, of course, grow bored from time to time and play around with the affairs of the inhabitants of Middle Earth in various ways. Sauron is a spirit of order, and such order could not be maintained if his plans got too big and he decided to commit suicide by attracting the ire of the Valar, who, on that note, never sent anyone to search for him when he refused to go to Valinor for judgment at the dawn of the Second Age.

Alternatively, and even if Tolkien does not mention it in his books, it is possible that there is much more geographically to Arda than generally thought. (Has anyone seen one of those expanded maps of Middle Earth with states like "Urd" or "Mumakan"?) It might be possible that another incredibly powerful Maia elsewhere, long ago corrupted by Melkor is doing the same Dark Lord business somewhere else in the world. Before long, it's two "Dark Lords" and their empires at war. On that note, why did Sauron wish to merely control or "corrupt" the inhabitants of Middle Earth, with the exception of the Elves who had already proved a nuisance to his plans, instead of openly destroying them as Melkor would have desired of him? Is it possible Sauron knew about something that not even the wisest Elves in all of their wisdom knew? That something being an even more destructive and pure evil, former servant of Melkor who was hidden elsewhere in Middle Earth. Many of Melkor's most powerful servants, including Ungoliant who fled to the extremely far South did survive the War of Wrath after all. As the saying goes, there's always a bigger fish in the pond.

On yet a different alternative theory, perhaps Sauron knew that Men would almost always cause a suffering of their own make, and simply wished to end their pain and suffering for good while the Elves would run away and allow it to continue. I believe this might actually have been what Tolkien considered at some point, especially taking the "New Shadow" into consideration, Men about to destroy each other once again long after all true evil power had left Middle Earth.

I hope to get a thoughtful debate or discussion on this subject going again.
    Last edited by Celtic Magister; December 11, 2017 at 04:59 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213