Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Hungarian Danse N°5 Brahms, 3 versions, one is Eljen a Magyar from Strauss. I don't remember the others. I lost the folder with all the original musics inside, now I Just have "'hungary_1", "hungary_2"....

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Hungarian Danse N°5 Brahms, 3 versions, one is Eljen a Magyar from Strauss. I don't remember the others. I lost the folder with all the original musics inside, now I Just have "'hungary_1", "hungary_2"....
    Ach too bad :d

But thank you very much for your efforts, and your awesome work

Patrician Artifex

I have uploaded a few corrections to the recruitment (units not recruitable in Galicia for example), and the 1809 unit at start for Austria.

I can't play NTW with mods MoE because when I go to the program Master of europe installer and click connect to server it says that I have denied MOE_EUR_NAPOLEON although there's none there [IMG]2017-10-24_22-03-19.png[/IMG]

Patrician Artifex

I don't understand what you are trying to say. What does "I have denied MOE_EUR_NAPOLEON" means?

First of all, I'd like to tell you how cool I find this mod, I've downloaded it this week and it's been a blast, BUT there's a little bug which kinda spoils it for me!
    I got in a game using Danemark and built a university so I could get access to all the new tech you got us. Problem is.. the tech tree is empty. I've just got the buildings on the tech window, not the little squares with the tech. You may wonder how I know the new tech tree has all of those little squares, well I sent my gentleman to see if it was the same in other universities, and when I used the steal tech option, I got to see all of the squares, but even in those other universities, there weren't any researched.
    Sum up:
    -I can't research
    -IA can't probably research either
    -The tech tree still shows up using steal tech
    I hope that's detailed enough and you can solve my little problem.
    On a secondary note, I've noticed how all of your units have the most extraordinary defence values! Surely I can get used to it (never charge enemy grenadiers! ), but was that the intent behind it?
    Anyway, I'm not gonna trouble you any longer,
    I hope to hear from you soon.

Patrician Artifex

Defense is doubled to have the fight last longer.

I'll check the tech tree the coming week end, don't have tome before that.

Hello steph your mod is so good!
    Do you think that if i just increase unit size in preference script it would be ok?Or it can change Ai behaviour in battle?

Patrician Artifex

I would not recommend it. Some units are already bigger than others (like Russian, Austrian, or Spanish guard), and increasing unit size could have adverse effect. Like make it not possible to form square.
    You can try if you want, but maybe not to the highest settings.

Ok thanks!
    I have another question it's possible to disable fort battle in campaign?

Patrician Artifex

I'd like to do that... but so far it doesn't work

steph i'm playing italy in campaign 3 and ai campaign don't move a lot and aren't very agressive...normal?

in campaign difficulty 3 (hard)

Alex-hussar's Avatar Laetus

Hello Steph! I still have problem with textures of Austrian units. To check - play for the French, so Austrians will be AI units. Textures of Austrians are transparent.

Can you fix this?

Patrician Artifex

Already answered. Not reproducible for me.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Will minor factions like the various German states and Naples eventually be playable in the campaign? Also how historically accurate are the units going to be? Will they at least not look like a marching rainbow or matching faction map colors like most vanilla units in Total War games do?
    Last edited by Sigma; November 20, 2017 at 05:48 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Some minor factions already playable in campaign (including Hessen, Bavaria, Wurttemberg, Saxony, Italy Kingdom, but not yet Naples).
    The uniforms are as historically accurate as I can make them within the game engine constraints. See all the preview threads to check them.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Preview-forum

I'm not using the faction coloe mask method, all the uniforms are hand made, except a very small few.

Example with some Saxony units. Try to get musician uniforms with CA system...

jg209's Avatar Foederatus

Looking good Steph. How many ordinary musketeers from Brandenburg are supposed to be available to recruit? I can only hire 8 maximum which doesn't seem a lot.

Patrician Artifex

As Prussia? Yes, 8. And 4 more in each other regions, for a total of 28.

In 1806, Prussia had 60 infantry regiments. And my limits are set up to represent roughly half the number of historical regiments.

jg209's Avatar Foederatus

Ok, I like the reasoning behind the numbers, but for example the UK has 30 ordinary infantry regiments recruitable in the capital region compared to Prussia's 8. It causes a great imbalance in the game.