Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138 188 213 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
Results 4,741 to 4,756 of 4756

Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Well, the least we could do is wait.

One question Steph: Have you lowered the volume of incoming cannonballs, impacts and explosions?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France

I tweaked a little some sounds, but I think it was mostly voices. I cannot tell for sure about explosions

Ney's Avatar Laetus

Will be glad to wait and help(test any possible version) when necessary.

San Felipe's Avatar Content Staff

Is this still downloadable? Any bugs?

The mod is working fine Mate and downloadable in the dedicated topic "links for installation"

Hi guys.
    Awesome mod was playing for a while after playing darthmod for years. Now wanna go back to darth even though I loved the audio so tried to keep it in script file after basically deleting all files but that it left all my units in vanilla with 0 men.. deleted all files I think and still same problem. In the process of reinstalling ntw through steam even though I've left darth installed but restored to vanilla.
    Have I done this right?
    Desperatley wanna keep my darth campaign saves to continue but worried I have random Moe files and problem with ntw lol help?
    Also anyway I can have the audio files still installed from now?

Masters of Europe, contrary to other mods, has no leftover hidden files. You can just delete everything starting by MoE (including the campaign folder) and you should revert to vanilla.

But maybe keeping Darth is the issue?

Yeah thanks I've done all that bit guess will have to see tonight when I check the reinstall went successful lol. When I've upgraded my pc will defo be downloading Moe again. But for now how do I keep the audio file?

Sorry also guess you don't know where the saved games are kept maybe u could temp move the files while I install darth again? Only reason I am is because the MOE runs kinda slow compared

Steph, thank you for this great mod. Tons of work you've done is just incrediable. Could you advise, which values I need to change in the DB to increase kill rate of the units. Current kill rate when French grenadier uses all its ammunition and kills just 20 men is a bit confusing for me. Thanks!

Did you try moving closer, or are firing at extrem range?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Does the morale change if I spread a line very thin, or keep them bunched up in a thick line?

It shouldn't change much. Maybe with flanking bonus, if the other units are too far.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

It shouldn't change much. Maybe with flanking bonus, if the other units are too far.
    Ok thx. Just wondering cuz I have been playing around with NTW3 and they have a morale loss if you spread your line too thin. But coming back to your mod cuz these textures are the best I have seen in NTW. Hopefully one day we can have a NTW2, lol

Same low kill rate is relevant to mid distance as well. I've been playing your mod in campaign with BRAN MAC BORN'S mod for the last couple days. Dozens of battles and unfortunately few of them were much enjoyable. I got an impression that troops are just shooting in the sky, and just occassionally, by chance of great luck, they shoot their enemies dead. Sharpshooters and light infantry are now totally useless so as every battle ends up in bayonet melee combat. You can't kill your enemy from distance effectively - it's all about melee combat now. The purpose of the rifle is to kill at distance otherwise soldiers would still use swords back then. It's a pity that such a unique mod in terms of visuals has battle mechanics which is not fun at all.

So again, could you tell me which values in the DB need to be changed to increase kill rate - I'll try to update the kill rate to my own preferences. Otherwise an official submod with increased rifle kill damage would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by myqwertyname View Post
    Same low kill rate is relevant to mid distance as well. I've been playing your mod in campaign with BRAN MAC BORN'S mod for the last couple days. Dozens of battles and unfortunately few of them were much enjoyable. I got an impression that troops are just shooting in the sky, and just occassionally, by chance of great luck, they shoot their enemies dead. Sharpshooters and light infantry are now totally useless so as every battle ends up in bayonet melee combat. You can't kill your enemy from distance effectively - it's all about melee combat now. The purpose of the rifle is to kill at distance otherwise soldiers would still use swords back then. It's a pity that such a unique mod in terms of visuals has battle mechanics which is not fun at all.

So again, could you tell me which values in the DB need to be changed to increase kill rate - I'll try to update the kill rate to my own preferences. Otherwise an official submod with increased rifle kill damage would be great.
    In DB, look for the unit_stats_land_table. Under unit_stats_land_battle, look for the ACCURACY COLUMN and you can either raise or lower the number according to your preference. It is better that you make a copy of the pack file you are editing if ever you make a mistake.