Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

But Britain has fewer regions, and beside England, the limit is smaller than for Prussia. Making Britain very vulnerable to the loss of one big region.

And Prussia could recruit in total 10 Grenadiers, 13 fusiliers. Britain only has 7 light infantry and 4 grenadiers (and I'm speaking only of standard units, not guard.

Or Prussia has Cuirassiers, Britain has none.

Anyway:
    - I'm aiming at an historical mod. If you don't like my army list, please send a complaign to the generals of the time who didn't have a balance idenitical army for each nation!
    - It makes each faction more unique, each one has flaw/advantage,
    - I think balance is overrated. I'd rather have something where some factions are more challenging than others.
    - And you can recruit more units in conquered regions.

jg209's Avatar Foederatus

I only mentioned it because I was playing through a campaign as Prussia and got to the point where I couldn't recruit any infantry at all. I had 5 armies: 1 defending the west, 1 fighting in the north, and 3 fighting Russia. Prussia had very good generals still recruitable, but no infantry for them which meant that any further armies had only cavalry and artillery (which is more-or-less useless).

If I didn't like the mod, then I wouldn't take the time out of my day to give you feedback. It is because I like the mod that I have given these points as feedback:

* Lots of typos in the unit description texts;
    * Countries lacking centres of learning (Portugal, for example). If you're aiming for historical accuracy then add some colleges to the nations;
    * Some technologies being dependable.

It seems that you get very defensive when people give feedback, like they are personally attacking you, and then you feel the need to be sarcastic to them which is a real shame because you disregard what they're saying and become stubborn. Sure, the mod is an historical one - that's why I like it - but it's also a game, and games are supposed to be fun. Having armies with no infantry isn't much fun.

Patrician Artifex

About college: I don't know how to add cities in the game. It's not even possible to add slots safely, CA didn't gave tool to edit the map. Portugal has a only one town, a commercial town. Do you suggest to make this town a intellectual towns? And to make all the towns in every minor raction intellectual town so they you all have a centres of learning?

If you see typos, give the name of unit, error and a suggested correction.

About dependable technologies: I believe there are actually few cases with real dependance. And having depedencies have side effects where some techs are never researchable (maybe a bug in the engine). If you think the order of rsearch is important, then you can decide to research tech in an order that seems more logical to you, can't you?

As I said, if you cannot recruit more units, it's you have reached your manpower capacity. Recruit allies.

And if you don't like my limits, then you can use PFM to edit them, it's very easy to do, just once value in one column to change.

In MoE__main.pack, in the units table.

Patrician Artifex

2017-12-30: minor update of the mod

Corrections:

• Fixed: Hesse Darmstadt units not recruitable by France
      • Fixed: Wurttemberg mounted Grenadier Guard have invisible swords when fighting
      • Fixed: Cemaat light janissaries have invisible swords when fighting
      • Fixed: Organ guns for Ottomans don't have a uniform in the campaign
      • Fixed: Black wheels for Ottoman artillery limber.
      • Fixed: Black textures for Ottoman marines.
      • Fixed: Regiment Joseph Napoleon not recruitable in mid 1808
      • Reduce cost of Squares (technology)

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    2017-12-30: minor update of the mod

Corrections:

• Fixed: Hesse Darmstadt units not recruitable by France
      • Fixed: Wurttemberg mounted Grenadier Guard have invisible swords when fighting
      • Fixed: Cemaat light janissaries have invisible swords when fighting
      • Fixed: Organ guns for Ottomans don't have a uniform in the campaign
      • Fixed: Black wheels for Ottoman artillery limber.
      • Fixed: Black textures for Ottoman marines.
      • Fixed: Regiment Joseph Napoleon not recruitable in mid 1808
      • Reduce cost of Squares (technology)
    Great!I use your MOE installer update,and find your changed MOE_main.pack and MOE _Faction_Ottoman.pack,but I think your server file date is wrong,it seems 2018-12-30 zip.

Patrician Artifex

No, correct. One date is the date of last update of the file (that you should have when it is unzipped), the other date is the date of the zip file and upload

steph are your recent updates included in bran version?

Patrician Artifex

Ask Bran... He makes a submod from my mod, not the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Ask Bran... He makes a submod from my mod, not the opposite.
    Hello
    I play with your mod which is super.I would like to have if we can unlock the limitation of units and how to do it? this is the only negative point of your mod.

Hello

Any update or new containt about this superb mod ?
    5the only problem for me is some french troop wo speak turkish)

Ney's Avatar Laetus

I would first like to apologize if this is not the correct topic/board.

I want to congratulate the makers of this mod for the outstanding work, effort and passion put into the game. Thanks for making the game so enjoyable.

Patrician Artifex

No new content planned soon. I'd have several bugs to correct, and still a few factions to finish (Hannover, Oldenburg, Mecklenburg and Switzerland), but I'm too busy at the office + a warhammer mod.

Patrician Artifex

I"ve been thinkign about the crashes in battles during the campaign. It's very difficult to correct, since we don't have a clear reproducible behaviour (like everytime I have a Russian Guard infantry 1812 it crashes). Apparently it doesn't come from the units themselves, since trying a custom battle with exactly the same units on both sides work. It could be related to a terrain specificities with a random map, but I didn't mod much for this. And I don't see why this random map would happen more in end game than early game.

Since the problem seems to more a lot more frequent when advancing in the campaign, it's likely to be caused by something appearing later, or stacking.
    It could be:
    - A specific unit. But then it should crash also in custom battle
    - A tech or a combination of techs. Maybe when several techs are added together they create an issue? I don't know what, just imagination here, but if for example a unit has a -20% cost reduction, and you have this 6 times, it could create a -120% cost reduction, so a negative cost and a crash?
    - Or maybe it's a trait for generals that could create these issues.

I think the most likely would be something tech related.

But techs are not reasy to revert, as they are also in the startpos, and there are many, so finding the buggy one will be hard.

I may have an idea to try to solve this, bu since my free time is very limtied at the moment, I'll need help.

Here is the idea:
    - I make several version of the core files, with a direct link to replace it (not part of the installer), just for testing purpose.
    - I will keep all the techs, to avoid changing the startpos, but remove all the effects, except allowing new units.
    - Several players try the campaign and confirm if it improve things.
    - If not, we try without any effect all. If ti still doesn't work, then the error doesn't come from techs.
    - If yes, I could try to enable again some effects, progressively, and try to isolate which one.

I think I could find the time to produce the test version. But not for testings I'd be depended on you guys. So who is ready to help?

Ney's Avatar Laetus

Hello Mr. Steph I would like to help you with the testing.

And about the problem of language ? in my européan when i clic to give orderunit i can heard sometime in turkish a lot of time "el bu masu"

Patrician Artifex

Any unit or faction?

Well french germman british russian... its a quite chame this bug
    Any fix ?

Patrician Artifex

Does it happen with a specific action? Like selection, attack....

I'd be happy to help with testing

Patrician Artifex

For possible testers: I won't be able to do anything before July, since my free time will be very limited until then.