Thread: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

Ah, offer it as a separate optional thing perhaps? User choice is always best, and it is complete is it not?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    Ah, offer it as a separate optional thing perhaps? User choice is always best, and it is complete is it not?
    I completely agree

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Players are free to use another drum and trumpet mod.

Can you provide me some links ? Is actually impossible to find any

Thank you.

Steph is it possible to play as emergent faction in campaign?(poland,wallachia,...??)

Patrician Artifex

No. That would mean they are on the campaign map from the start. And so not emergent.
    But you can recruit their army if you control the territory.

Oh ok that's good too so it's possible that prussians and french has twice westphalian soldiers?

Patrician Artifex

No. Prussia will recruit Prussian units there, because it's "Prussian territory". But French or allies would recruit Westphalian units. Britain would recruit Hannovrian. Westphalia is a little tricky since it's an area with several influences.
    Same for Hesse: France and allies would recruit Hesse Darmstadt units, while coaliation factions would recruit Hesse Kassel.

But if you take Bavaria, then everyone would recruit Bavarian units. So if France captures Bavaria, it can recruit Bavarian troops. If Prussian then capture Bavaria, it can also recruit Bavarian troops.
    And then in a battle France against Prussia, you could have Bavarian soldiers on each side.

Ok it's done very well thanks

I can't scroll down in the launcher to check all the files!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And what am I supposed to do after this? The "Help" says I should move some user script to some preference folder, I have no idea what those are, or where they are. And now the launcher is downloading again some files, why did I wait for 30 min before? I thought that was downloading, now those green checkmarks are turning blue.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 10, 2017 at 09:01 AM.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I can't scroll down in the launcher to check all the files!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And what am I supposed to do after this? The "Help" says I should move some user script to some preference folder, I have no idea what those are, or where they are. And now the launcher is downloading again some files, why did I wait for 30 min before? I thought that was downloading, now those green checkmarks are turning blue.
    Try a different resolution.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Every time I start a battle on the campaign with Napoleon against Kutuzov's army, the game crashes somewhere around when my artillery comes into range. Every time !

Patrician Artifex

Does the same happen if you do a custom battle with the same units on both side?
    Can you post a screen showing the units in both armies just before starting the battle?
    Does it happen in any location, or is it specific to a battle map?

jg209's Avatar Foederatus

Just checked up on this the other day after quite a while. Really good job on it! After loading up the Grand Campaign I noticed that Portugal doesn't start with a centre of learning. Is this right? If so, then AI Portugal is really going to lag behind on tech because I've never seen them take over Spain. Also, all the research trees are available at the start of the game - i.e. you can research advanced stuff without researching the basic prerequisite stuff.

Any ideas why?

Patrician Artifex

I did not change the starting building. And the research tree allows everything from start, because I'm not sure there really are dependencies. The techs are more or less independant actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I'm not sure there really are dependencies. The techs are more or less independant actually.
    So a nation can achieve National Fervour w/o Propaganda? Utilitarianism w/o a National Census? Diplomacy w/o the Abolition of Privileges? General staff w/o leadership? Navigation w/o Cartography? Field Hospitals w/o Battlefield Medicine? Poverty Control Laws w/o a Civil Code? Mass Mobilization w/o Conscription? Rifled barrels w/o Machine Tools? Trade Unions w/o Rights of Man? Measuring tools w/o the Metric System? And the Metric System w/o Promotion of Science? Steam Pumped Land Drainage w/o the concept of Irrigation? Trading Companies w/o Colonial Funding? .... And here are my favorite two: Steam Locomotives w/o Steam Engines, and Passports w/o Citizenship. Hahahaha! OK.

Patrician Artifex

Just a few example! Diplomacy / abolition of privileges: do you think the Kings of France did not have any alliance or treaties with other nations before the revolution and the abolition of privilege?

General staff / leadership: two different concept. One is about the organization of a chain of command at the top, the other about the importance of leader at the bottom.

Nagivation: how to calculate the position. You can do it without nice looking map.

Measuring tools / metric systems: I don't think american are unable to measure distance in yard, foot or miles, do they?

Passport/citizenship: the British have passport, and they are still subject, not citizens.

I agree that the steam engine may be useful for a steam locomotive.

Sorry I typed it wrong - it's Democracy w/o Abolition of Privileges. Naturally, it makes sense to restrict the powers of a monarch before introducing the concept of a democracy.

I think the point I was trying to make was not that every technology is dependent on another, but that many of the sciences/ technologies portrayed in the game are holistic and intuitively you would have one before the other - as in the examples of steam engine and locomotive, battlefield medicine and field hospitals, metric system and the ease that it made on scientific measurements etc.

I'm not sure what you mean when you mention Britain and passports - are you talking about in-game or present day? In the years that the game is based on people in Britain started to think of themselves as citizens which is verifiable by looking at the National Archives.

Maybe consider, if possible, making some of the technologies listed as 'Civil' mutually exclusive as in the case of the Democracy vs. Abolition of Privileges. Certainly a lot of the technologies have requisite ones, and intuition would suggest that many be researched before others.

And the problem of Portugal not having a research centre still exists. Can anyone confirm that when they load the Grand Campaign as Portugal the country does not have a research centre? And after doing so acknowledge that the AI Portugal will get absolutely left behind technologically.

Patrician Artifex

That's not limited to Portugal. Many one province factions are in the same situation, it would require adding town to be sure each faction has a research center.

Hello Steph,

can you tell us what pieces of classical music you use for the cities like Budapest and Zagreb ? I recognize Brahms ofc, but there are some i want to know where it come from :d