Thread: Help on unit skins

Default Help on unit skins

I used hue/saturation to change the colour of thracian chosen warlord to fit britons colour but one of the unit's shields has a black square.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7...rapcopy3sg.jpg

please help

Also, where do i go to edit description and name for units??

Default Re: Help on unit skins

description and names are under text/export_units.txt in your data folder. The black square looks like a problem with the alpha channel, although I am not sure why it shows up on only one of the units

how do i solve it? all i did was change the colour

plasticfigurine's Avatar Ducenarius

As far as I know, there's nothing you can do about it. I'm positive that its a bug with BI, but I don't know if there's a solution to it or not...I'm 99.9% sure there isn't.

what program are you using the change the color? If it cant handle alpha channels, or if you are doing it wrong, then it might be causing this.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

you hav'nt done anything wrong it's a bug, i've seen it with the british legionairies and picish crossbows, and it's always the guy standing next to the officer, i don't know how to fix this but suggest pm'ing player 1 he's really good at solving this kind of bug,

i was using the hue/saturation tool on adobe photoshop cs2, also, it was in rtw not bi

thx

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

i did see you were using rtw but i'm guessing that you have bi also,i've never seen this bug before bi came out so i'm assuming it's a bug caused by the patch implamented when we installed bi, did you try to pm player 1, he's fixed alot of these types of bug and i think even made a bug fixing program,he's a cool guy who often helps in the work shop so ask him,

player1's Avatar Bug Hunter

Texture must be in DTX5 format (although I heard DTX1 could work too).

Problem with original british legionairies and picish crossbows was that they were saved in DTX3 format, thus giving that bug for first unit in the group.

Ironically, both british legionairies and picish crossbows were changed with 1.6 patch.
    I guess someone of developers forgot the guidelines about proper format for textures.

DDS Convertor 2 from this site could be used to convert textures to proper format from one to other format. I also think if texture is left in tga that it could work (although take a lot more space).
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack
    Romano British provincial campaign

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

In an effort to keep the workshop tidy I've moved this to the skin section.

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.