Thread: Diplomatic Rework Sub-mod (please)

Default Diplomatic Rework Sub-mod (please)

I have played DMUC for a while now and have played campaigns using many factions such as early GC Prussia, Russia, Ottoman Empire and Great Britain, late GC United States.

Well being an avid EU3 player, I'm always annoyed by the same turn 1 wars. e.g Prussia vs Poland vs Austria, Russia and Denmark vs Sweden, United Provinces vs France and Spain. Not only these wars happen in almost all my games but it also doesn't end!

I am aware that modding diplomacy has it's limitations right now but perhaps I can do gamey tactics such as adding a time limit for wars (a script for peace perhaps?) or make the AI accept peace after losing 2-3 regions in the war. That would be much better than an AI forever blockaded.

Can anyone lead me to what files am I suppose to mod for these changes I want?
    Thanks in advance!
    My Ukulele Cover of Death Note L's Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhP70qHqsVg

Default Re: Diplomatic Rework Sub-mod (please)

Thats all start position stuff you need to edit faction love and hate levels or whatever they're called with an Esf editor, their are plenty of tutorials in the tools section. You'll just have to look.

Yes actually I'm trying that stuff myself. Though it will be in a week before I can continue. (need to go back to university to study)

I can imagine I can improve relations between this nations by editing the startpos but I'm afraid that they will never go to war during the campaign.

The things I want to do with startpos editing are:

1. Give a 5 turn military access between the Factions of Netherlands and France, Prussia and Poland (and protectorates) and Austria, Austria and Ottoman Empire so they wont auto-declare war on the first 2 years.
    2. Increased AI desire for trade agreements.

Some other things I don't think the startpos can mod:

1. Make the AI actually send peace to an AI opponent more often and make the other AI accept more often.
    2. Bring back wars of succession.

And some other things that might improve game play:

1. Naval Garrison scripts for ports? At least something that can destroy blockading sloops and galleys.
    2. Decrease the price of forts. I noticed that the AI would rather build forts than replenish their armies.
    My Ukulele Cover of Death Note L's Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhP70qHqsVg

That stuffs beyond my modding level, I would just set all nations to 0 Hate/love and then let things be from there