Thread: Another Unit Card Mod - Help needed to complete!

Default Another Unit Card Mod - Help needed to complete!

Fancied a change from the coloured unit cards so decided to make a simple one myself using the veteran units cards from the multi-player side of the game.

They have a dark parchment-like textured background that I really like and think is far better then the lightly coloured vanilla cards.

Attachment 178956

To make these cards so far I've just used the Steam F12 screenshot function to capture all my multi-player veteran unit cards then photoshopped and modded the new images into the game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This has worked perfectly so far but I've have not been able to finish because I haven't unlocked all the units in mulit-player let alone have fought them to a veteran level.

This means I am missing the cards of about twenty units

Please, if you play multiplayer, could you spare a minute to take/upload a screenshot of the units I don't have.

Thanks

I am missing the veteran screenshots for:

Yari Ashigaru
    Naginata Warrior Monks
    Warrior Nuns
    Naginata Warrior Monk Hero

Loan Sword Ashigaru
    No-Dachi Samurai

Bow Ashigaru
    Bow Warrior Monks
    Bow Hero

Matchlock Ashigaru
    Matchlock Samurai
    Matchlock Warrior Monks

Light Cavalry
    Bow Cavalry
    Katana Cavalry
    Great Guard

Bomb Throwers
    Fire Projecting Mangonels
    European Cannons
    Fire Rockets
    Kisho Ninja

As you can see I never really got into the multi-player side of the game

If I can can complete all the vanilla cards I also hope to make them for all the new units from the AUM mod etc

Also if anyone has come across the template of the dark parchment texture in the .pack files then I would really appreciate it if you told me where it is lol

Regards, Ihre Ausfuhrung
    Last edited by Ihre Ausführung; August 30, 2011 at 05:15 AM.

Default Re: Another Unit Card Mod - Help needed to complete!

Here're what i have

gl m8

Wow thanks for taking the time to do this, its just what I needed, sincere thanks and rep to you sir

Sorry I don't have any vet matchlocks. If you need I have the Naginata Monk cav.

edit : woops, I didn't see the Langley's GG. Well, you shall have two now ^^

Thanks DrGreenthumb and rep to you, if you have the Naginata Monk cav card I need that as well thanks

Here it is

Hi,

There is a much (much, much much...) easier way to make this mod. There's no need to change every unit card in the game if you want to change unit card background only.

In Data.pack, under UI/common UI/Skins there is a unit_card_background.tga file. Extract it and change to your liking. In this case change it with background from unit_card_bg_veterans.tga in the same folder.

I've attached a movie type pack file with those changes above included.

Godspeed,
    B.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Okay - that was easy lol

Thanks for saving me weeks of my time haha

I did think that there could be an easier way but I couldn't find the veteran unit card template, thanks for explaining everything.

However messing about using/creating unit card mods has left me with one last problem...

Even when I remove all traces of any unit card mod from my data folder when I start a battle the unit card for Yari ashigaru is totally blank:

Attachment 179333

What I find strange is that the unit card is fine when appearing in the unit rooster for custom battle but when the battle loads its just white like in the screenshot above.

What have I done?

Try to delete or rename UI/UNITS folder in your Shogun2 DATA dir. If something is there, the game will use those extracted files instead of those packed in data.pack. Maybe you have white ashigaru icon there?

Under the Patronage of: Ishan