Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mod for BC 2.4 - Broader Roman Recruitment (BRR)

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Mod - Broader Roman Recruitment (BRR)

guyz, I swear if I look back to the previos 5 pages from this post, it will still be talkin bout the same thing... anyway just give it up and let it go. In TWC we are a democracy and we have freedom of speech to everyone as granted no matter how ridiculous they maybe in our opinion.

Back on topic, are u thinkin of making broader recruitment for other factions such as Makurians... Egyptians and abbasids???

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Vanguard,

Level of arrogance in your post is so incredibly high, that I really couldn't resist the desire to respond.

This is amazing how you actually manipulate people here accusing them of ill will and pointing out their errors, while at the same time the same features you condemn characterise too many of your posts to give you any position to judge others. That is low.

As far as your ideas about origins of Poles and Poland are concerned - personally, I don't care whether Poland has been founded by Iranian, Armenian, Chinese or Zulu people. I don't care as long as there is convincing and coherent theory based on evidence. What you present in this particular case is not convincing and reliable at all.

The case of Pomerania possibly being a calligraphic corruption of Polerania is possible to think of only when you don't know few fundamental things. 1. both Pomerania and Polonia have always been considered two completely different administrative and geographical entities; 2. both names appear in sources around the same time, that is in XI c. and can't really be confused; for example, they appear as two different administrative entities in titulature of Kazimierz III Wielki (in XIV c.):

"Nos Kazimirus, Dei gracia rex Polonie nec non terrarum Cracovie, Sandomirie, Siradie, Lancicie, Cuyavie, Pomeranieque dominus et heres."

"My krol Kazimir krakowskoj zemli, sudomirskoj zemli, syradzkoj zemli, polskij zemli, kujawskij zemli, dobrianskij zemli, pomorskij zemli korol wielebnyj, ruskoj zemli hospodar i didycz, wiecznyj zemlam tym samoderżec."

etc.

3. Duces of Pomerania were quite independent most of the time "Poland" has been in existence. Pomerania has never been fully incorporated within borders of any "Polish" state before current one; 4. tribes of nowadays Polish Pomerania has always been differentiated from alleged founders of first "Polish" state, that is Polanie, and other tribes also traditionally considered Polish.

Finally, what point exactly should I see in contemplating a possibility of linguistic corruption? A corruption is always possible, but that one is not attested in any source I know, plus that would be clearly visible inconsistency in word formation, a mistake beyond a mere switch of letters, so I believe it stays in the Neverland.

Pomerania hasn't been fully Polish until after II WW, so identifying Pomerania with Polonia on any basis, for example as pars pro toto and on a mere assumption that a calligraphic corruption is possible here (Pomerania - Polerania - Polandia (Polandia, another form that is not attested anywhere, not to mention that it is possibly not at all a Latin form)), is a mistake. How is this inventing a "no"? Pomorze is as much different region as is Polesie, Podlasie, Podhale, Wielkopolska, Małopolska etc. How is this inventing a "no", huh? Moreover, "pomorze" in Slavic languages is not unusual name for coastal area or for certain towns. How is this inventing a "no"?

What you basically often do is questing for homophones that could back up your hasty conclusions. Turkopoles = Poles = sons (Anglo-Greek etymology), Armenians = Germans (Anglo-Greko-Latin etymology), Pomerania = Pom+eran (Balkanze + Middle Persian). And where are languages of origin for those words? There is no comparative "study" on your part, you simply don't care about it. This is not me being nationalistic, this is you being completely unreliable and ignorant in this particular matter. How can one come to a forum with "interesting" theories without even trying to verify them first by applying one of the simplest comparative procedure in the world?

As for your genetic argumentation: Peter is human, Mark is human, therefore Peter is Mark.

But you always know better. In that case I can only accept defeat and leave.

Thank you very much for discussion. It has been interesting at times, but I'm afraid it already went too far with its off-topicness and, most importantly, extremely unpleasant and unjust ad personam remarks.

I honestly hope you'll produce an outstanding submod and I wish you good luck with it.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Just an Update on this and a Recap:

When Megaupload was taken down by the US FBI, we lost this mod because I was in between builds at the same time. Talk about bad timing.

When the final version of this - 3.0 is released, we will be releasing version 1.0 of BRR based on this completed files.

Thanks again and thanks to the entire BC team for their labour of love.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Nice.

Just for your info, we are working on version 2.4, which will include significant changes to factional and regional recruitment system, among others, so forget about version 3 for now.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Excellent Wudang, then strike the '3.0' from my above and replace it with '2,4'. We will put out BRR for 2.4 then.

TracePoland's Avatar Foederatus

Nice Submod

Thinking about bringing this back! Anyone interested?

I'd have to brush up on my modding skills to put into effect the later versions I had originally conceived.

Recall that I had figured out a unique way of making permanent forts effectively new cities. Unlimited cities.

Scripting allowed these to be named. Using mountain/deep forest tiles that were drawn like walls (as used in TATW) it is possible to use the permanent fort as the 'main gate', and on the map use 'walls' to surround a small patch of 2 major resources.

Merchants are no longer represented as human beings, but as little houses on wheels (like a wooden housed carriage). In 'resource extraction' mode of the merchant, the house loses its wheels and looks like a permanent house. Remember you can only pass a merchant through a fort or settlement that you control. So, you must control the fort to get the resources. Plus you can garrison, say 5 units and get the econ benefit of the unit garrison.

During this time period, the ERE had defeated Hungary and was receiving a form of payment in soldiers. As previously indicated, these will be made available only in Constantinople on a limited basis, several every few years.

Other goals too, established on page one in the intro.

Any interest still? I would still need a team of one more man.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Definitely be interested, however I cannot be that one extra man for numerous reasons, both practical and RL. But good luck, I was wondering what happened to this mod

Can you explain how you increased the number of children to 6? Because it's hardcoded to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Can you explain how you increased the number of children to 6? Because it's hardcoded to 4.
    Indeed it may be exactly so, i had changed the value in the appropriate file - but if it's capped at 4 then 4 it is.

Can people post pictures and name of unit and the mod its from (links please), of their favorite Hungarian Spear unit from another mod (that's flexible with borrowing rights), that they would like to see?

Can people post pictures and links of the same for Bulgarians?

That's awesome you're bringing this back!

Would love to see it soon, just planning my ultimate campaign here, and I think it would be great to get the Armenian units for the Roman Empire

Well, now with 2.4 out, I will begin work. It's been many many years since I modded this game, and I forget how many things work.

I'd like to implement all of the thing that we already had, and implement the things we never got to.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard13 View Post
    Well, now with 2.4 out, I will begin work. It's been many many years since I modded this game, and I forget how many things work.

I'd like to implement all of the thing that we already had, and implement the things we never got to.
    Great! This and RR/RC by k/t were essential additions to BC.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Great! This and RR/RC by k/t were essential additions to BC.

RR/RC is necessary to have for BRR to work. Is it being done for 2.4?

Default Re: Mod for BC 2.4 - Broader Roman Recruitment (BRR)

Is this Sub Mod alive, it looks very interesting and lovely from what I have read. I hope this mod is alive and well, great idea and much +++ REP for the idea. I could not find link to DL, but it looks like a mega upload problem. Anyway, hope all is well and thank you to the person or team which has compiled a great looking mod.

Thanks,
    X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello Xmecial - thanks ! - Yes this mod is very much alive, we were confused because officially we are waiting for the BC 2.4 team to release some update they promised, which would change the tables and files. So we can't release this game until the BC 2.4 team, I think Byzantine Boy, releases some update, I think a different map.

Since this mod also relies on altering the map (forts, resources), we can't put a lot of work into that only for it to change at any minute.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Will this be compatible with Jerusalem Rising?

@Vanguard13
    Have you already managed to contact the 2.4 team ? I mean, you are awaiting their answer back ?
    Anyway, great initiative to work again on this submod project: keep it up !
    Cheers !!