Thread: HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY

Firstly, we've had great support from people here so far, so I'm hoping this will grow and grow...obviously there will be people who dislike it, but that's just how things are.

IF there are people that wish to help, they I'm loathe to turnj people away as such. However, we don't have time to teach people how to mod...Pilgrim's taken on an apprentice, which is pretty cool, but it takes quite a while to learn things fromn scratch...there's a reason there aren't that many unit makers, for example - it takes ages to break into it, and a lot longer to really understand it all, but the best way is trial and error and practice, like in most things.

If you have skills that you're willing to offer, then by all means do so (it'd be lovely), but be prepared to have to read a shed-load of stuff and immerse yourself in the mod background, as you can't simply walk in and start writing stuff - there is a lot to look at before anything can be done. It's the same with all of it really, as I have a certain core to this that I can't/won't break away from, but with new people you are often surprised by how good their ideas are.

I'm only putting this thread here because sometimes a surprise is nice and I don't want to become closed down to people wishing to help out.

Does this thread have any use for people? Hope I've explained myself okay too!

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY

Squekie means that we are recruting people!!!!!!

Default Re: HELP FROM THE COMMUNITY

If there are people interested I can teach them the basics of 2D and it the process they will help in the making of art for this mod.
    Photoshop CS5 will be required for this.