Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1.450 B.C.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: 1.450 B.C.

You won't find a release date on most mods, in fact I don't know any that have. Real life can always be a pain, or just the fact that you 're not in the mood to mod.
    Also, I think this is far from completion and Sonny is working on quite some mods so be patient

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

But i was no , just asking, i know how hard this is, specially if the modding team is not large. Thats why if i get a "in three years" ill say "ok, keep the good work", not everybody asking "when" is really saying "i wanted this yesterday" LOL

Great Idea!!!

+rep

This looks great! I would love to play it! This and Bronze age are the next on my list!

+rep

What type of work needs to be done on the mod? I don't know if I would be able to contribute, but it would give some idea of where it stands right now and if anyone is capable of pitching in. This timeframe is so different from the others explored by Rome mods. I'd really like to see it moving along.

there´s still a lot to do. cultures , names and buildings need to be changed to fit the bronze age, ui cards for two factions need to be made...

Proudly under patronage of Ishan

Sex appeal is off the charts.

What I thought was cool anytime I played around this era in a Civ 3 or 4 scenario, was including all the mediteranian (Italy specific) and playing as whoever controlled Rome at this time, even though the year is 1.450 B.C. (Or Greece etc, whoever you may want) Is there anyway to take the existing map and stretch it west? Of course, if you have the time and patience. This is only a suggestion, not a demand!!

And what is with everything written in German? Get's Sonny in the spirit for "total war"....
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gaul View Post
    Sex appeal is off the charts.

What I thought was cool anytime I played around this era in a Civ 3 or 4 scenario, was including all the mediteranian (Italy specific) and playing as whoever controlled Rome at this time, even though the year is 1.450 B.C. (Or Greece etc, whoever you may want) Is there anyway to take the existing map and stretch it west? Of course, if you have the time and patience. This is only a suggestion, not a demand!!

And what is with everything written in German? Get's Sonny in the spirit for "total war"....
    Around 1,450 B.C. there really wasn't a "controller" of Rome, or really a city of Rome for that matter (there was probably a small tribal settlement around that area though). If I remember right, Italy was tribal and did not start forming into small city states until around 900 B.C.
    Last edited by Sigma; January 07, 2012 at 11:19 PM.

All I meant to say, and keeping sex appeal through the roof, was just having pre-Rome (ancient ancient Rome), or something, on the campaign map, and even pre-Alexander Greece.

If it's impossible, I humbly understand.

Phoenician Carthage? Anything could do, I know I've seen it in Civ 4 scenarios before.

Maybe just include Italy, Spain Gaul etc, but leave them as rebel territory? Or is it too much uninteresting as "whole world" Ancient Rome or any BC whole world? like who is Caesar or Cleopatra going to meet in Brazil or Australia at the turn of AD?

I see....

Do you have an aproximate date for this mod to be presumed complete?

To be honest... no...

Proudly under patronage of Ishan

how much is this mod completed? if not maybe i can help you in speeding it up

All I meant to say, and keeping sex appeal through the roof, was just having pre-Rome (ancient ancient Rome), or something, on the campaign map, and even pre-Alexander Greece.

Phoenician Carthage? Anything could do, I know I've seen it in Civ 4 scenarios before.
    Don't be ridiculous on the rome thing dude .

Anyway looking forward on this .

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Yea if your going to put anything in Italy at all it should just be a few barbaric tribes with not many settlements at all on it.
    Rome was not founded till 700 something B.C. The main focus of this mod should be focused on Greece and around the Hittite and Egyptian empires. Also try to add Thessaly in Greece as it is a common spoke about Greek tribe around this era aswell.

This mod looks really good and I think Thessalonians and Trojans should be added, but this overall this mod looks interesting and im looking forward to when it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by R3drain17 View Post
    This mod looks really good and I think Thessalonians and Trojans should be added, but this overall this mod looks interesting and im looking forward to when it is released.
    Very good suggestions if you ask me. Much better than an Israel faction, that cannot be justified (unless your creating a fantasy biblical mod).

The Etruscans were probably the only significant culture in Italy anywhere near this time. Etruscans formed in city states like the Greeks. So if you had one faction it might be a specific City State. Etruscan City States did form leagues or alliances, but I do not think any of that had happened at this time. Etruscans as a independent people survived approximately 1000 years as their prophets predicted. But this may even be too early for the Etruscans' beginnings. It is commonly believed they began as a culture around 1200 BC. If you believe the Greek myths, Illiad, and Odessey though, there were some peoples there. This is mythical though cause among those that were supposed to exist in modern Italian lands, were the Cyclops', Circe, Sirens, Calypso, and Aeolea. So it is really too early to have anything culturally significant in Italy in 1450. There is debate however when the Trojan War occurred. And if this mod is to reflect that, it would be closer to the beginning of the Etruscan people. Most conclusions date the Trojan war between 1250 and 1150 bc. If this mod starts earlier, then it would have to reflect the time when the heroic myths began with Peleus and Jason. However these men would not have lived more than a couple generations earlier. So perhaps this is to reflect the time of Moses, the Plagues of Egypt, and the disaster that wiped out the Minoans. This would put it between 1700 bc and 1550 bc. However 1450 bc would be around the time after the Sea Peoples invasions were over and new cultures and empires began to arise.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Theology10's Avatar Foederatus

I have to disagree with you good sir. The Sea Peoples were actually the greatest threat around 1200 B.C. and beyond. Ask Ramses III :-p
    All I know is that I know nothing.
    -Socrates

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

looking good!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast