Thread: Reallistic alliances

Default Reallistic alliances

Hello everyone. Me and registered only to propose an idea. The issue of alliances do not bother me to have my allies. They could make a modification to the Allies. They could do missions as if they were small "crusades" that you propose your ally / allies through a diplomatic or other means. And the mission was to go to X position and help the allied army, either in battle or a siege in X shifts (that starts the fight on the map, was the ally, not your own) in the red area map with the ally. And if the mission is not fulfilled, lose your friendship with that faction. And even he could not break the alliance for help. What do you think? I do not think that is very hard to do and would be a right way to help you, or you can help. But that was not a constant thing, just sometimes, like the Crusades.

Sorry if not well understood, and used the google translator.
    Last edited by Imp_coke; August 25, 2011 at 06:42 PM.

Default Re: Reallistic alliances

I like the idea, if I understand you correctly. You want to be able to have your allies give you missions? And to give your allies missions? I am not sure if this is possible. But if it is possible, then that would be a lot of fun.

If I understand you correctly you want something like when you ask your allies to ""attack a faction"" via diplomatic options a script should be made like joining a crusade(for example the allies you requested help should have a special banner to know if they accepted to attack the x faction) .but i dont know how can they reproduce the feature like a "successful crusade""in this case it could be like a major help from your allies like conquering a x city of the enemy...but the alliance could not be broken just because they couldnt conquer the x city or something else.It could be broken when you ask to attack a faction and they simply refuse(its simple to implement i think )
    Last edited by slayer92; August 26, 2011 at 09:28 AM.

It would be nice that you could include this idea or something similar. Because alliances in this game are not alliances, are non-aggression pacts, and the truth is a very big failure of the game. Again forgive me if I'm not well understood. (at least I can thank google translator to understand you something)

Babri's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Imp_coke View Post
    It would be nice that you could include this idea or something similar. Because alliances in this game are not alliances, are non-aggression pacts, and the truth is a very big failure of the game. Again forgive me if I'm not well understood. (at least I can thank google translator to understand you something)
    Hmm... Those missions could be like attacking a certain faction, help in defending one of your cities, give financial aiding etc. Not fulfilling a request will negatively affect relations & may result in end of alliance. Defending one of your allies cities could be tricky though, I won't like to help my ally who is out of my reach so there should be some limitations for it, perhaps you can gift gold to faraway allies instead of giving them military help.

Ernest von Lauenburg's Avatar Laetus

I think, that it is very important to improve alliances, because in vanilla they meant nothing. I think, that it should go at least this way: faction A invades faction B. All faction a allies now should receive a massage, in which they will be forced to decide: declare war on faction B or break the alliance with faction A. Just like in Europa universalis.
    Thank you

saneel's Avatar Senator

In Third age mod, there is some sub mod which is great for helping your allies, I think its called beacons of Gondor.

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

If you want "realistic" alliances then this submod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=archaon is a MUST

Something that would be really nice (though it may not happen in the first build) would be to see the current "mission" script from the lords, Pope, etc. replaced by these diplomatic "missions." I've never liked the missions as they stand in Vanilla––they seem a bit too arcade, or something. But I really like the suggestions in this thread, and think it could be implemented without too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    Something that would be really nice (though it may not happen in the first build) would be to see the current "mission" script from the lords, Pope, etc. replaced by these diplomatic "missions."
    ..Interesting....and something that came to my mind:when faction a (allied with faction b)is attacked by faction c(allied with faction b but not with a)the alliance between faction a and b is destroyed and faction c remains allied with faction b in most mods...i think it would be fair that faction a should remain allied with faction b and alliance between c and b should be destroyed(this should happen if faction c attacks you ...when you attack faction c should happen the opposite:factions b and c should remain allies and alliance between faction a and b should be broken)...i think i repeated word "faction"too many times )
    Last edited by slayer92; September 06, 2011 at 10:09 AM.