Thread: THIS... IS... SPARTAAAA!!! (sub-sub-mod)

Default THIS... IS... SPARTAAAA!!! (sub-sub-mod)

Hi all,
    I am making a sub-sub mod of 300WOS -> TGL and my mod is called THIS... IS... SPARTAAAA!!! it is not finished yet
    this sub-sub-mod will include the following features:
    1:lots of new units
    2:new buildings
    3:more cities on the campaign map
    4:RSII enviroment
    5:more officers
    6:a lot of bugs will be fixed
    7:new thermopylae battlemap
    8:12turn/year script
    9:tweaked unit stats
    10:2-3-4 hitpoints system
    11:shieldwall for hoplites (I found a trick to make shieldwall possible in rtw-alexander)
    12:chariot units
    13:money script
    14:6-243 men/unit with medium unit size (it is possible with a lot of scripting )
    15:night battles + beautiful moonlight reflection on water
    16:new shores
    17:gloss maps
    18:new formations
    19:overlapping mercenary pools
    20:new sexual orientation traits
    21:characters can get sick
    22:supply traits
    23:characters have more hitpoints but can lose them in a battle (the will have less hitpoints after a battle than before if they get wounded)
    24:...

It is not released yet, but this mod will be made for normal unit size settings (do not use other unit size settings because it will cause problems with scripts)
    recommeded difficulty is H/M
    Last edited by Megas Antiviros <3 Gaesatae :p; October 08, 2011 at 04:14 AM.
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: THIS... IS... SPARTAAAA!!! (sub-sub-mod)

Good luck with this..

6:a lot of bugs will be fixed - I wasn't aware 300 WoS had any bugs..

there are bugs in 300WOS: trait an ancillary bugs, pink spots on the campaignmap, eleutheroi banners for barbaroi armies/settlements or barbaroi banners for eleutheroi armies/settlements, invisible swords,...
    Last edited by Megas Antiviros <3 Gaesatae :p; August 25, 2011 at 04:24 PM.
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

Blog Entries

trait an ancillary bugs; I think we only added a few so I'm surprised there are bugs.
    pink spots on the campaignmap, This I find hardest to believe, the map isn't that big and was beta tested for months, I certainly never saw any pink spots.
    eleutheroi banners for barbaroi armies/settlements or barbaroi banners for eleutheroi armies/settlements; hmm...
    invisible swords; really? that would be unusual, all the units were tested extensively.

Ah, I just realised you're making a mod of the TGL sub mod.. I can't answer for bugs that may have been introduced, but I can't imagine after nearly a year of beta testing the '300 WoS' base mod had such obvious bugs..

Please bare in mind when you post threads here mentioning 'bugs' people may think the base mod was buggy. There was almost a year of beta testing while waiting for work on the script and once we'd got to that stage bugs were pretty much non-existent. All mods have some bugs but 300 WoS is as stable as any RTW mod and far more so than most...
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; August 25, 2011 at 06:23 PM.

trait an ancillary bugs; I think we only added a few so I'm surprised there are bugs.
    vannilla bugs...
    pink spots on the campaignmap, This I find hardest to believe, the map isn't that big and was beta tested for months, I certainly never saw any pink spots.
    I found two pink spots: one in epirus and one in anatolia
    invisible swords; really? that would be unusual, all the units were tested extensively.
    for example: ionian rebel epitagma have invisible swords
    Sorry for my English...

Icon1 leonidas last stand -> greek army

Historicaly, the greek army at the third day of the battle of thermopylae was as following:

SPARTANS (300*)
    -300 divided over two** units

HELOTS (900)
    -900 divided over two** units

THESPIANS (700***)
    -4 hoplite units of 160 men each
    -2 peltast units of 80 men each

THEBANS (400)
    -2 hoplite units of 160 men each
    -1 peltast unit of 80 men

* actualy 298 spartans
    ** not sure, maybe three units...
    *** actualy 720 thespians
    Last edited by Megas Antiviros <3 Gaesatae :p; October 08, 2011 at 08:22 AM.
    Sorry for my English...

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Default Re: leonidas last stand -> greek army

So... what are you going to do with these numbers ?
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Blog Entries

Default Re: leonidas last stand -> greek army

Ok.. I'm going to close some of your old threads since most of them don't really say much. Please try not to open a thread for every idea, and keep this thread for any new ideas you have..

POST1
    So... what are you going to do with these numbers ?
    Making the battle of thermopylae more historical accurate

POST2
    [
    QUOTE]Ok.. I'm going to close some of your old threads since most of them don't really say much. Please try not to open a thread for every idea, and keep this thread for any new ideas you have..

[/QUOTE]ok, I will do

POST3
    I noticed that there is a double post of me,... but I cannot remember that I double post in this thread -strange...-
    ...maybe you can merge them like I have done here
    Last edited by Megas Antiviros <3 Gaesatae :p; September 15, 2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Sorry for my English...

Blog Entries

Cool beans...

New house rules for this sub-sub-mod:

-1- use normal unit size (other unit sizes are cheating => small unit size gives an advantage when you get antartes hoplites and large & huge give you an advantage at the battle of thermopylae)

-2- do not fight the battle of platea at night (this is unhistorical and gives you an advantage)

-3- do not disband antartes hoplites
    Sorry for my English...

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Lol... It sounds really cool
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Why not just make a function to make night battle unplayable during the battle of Platea.

Icon9 Re: THIS... IS... SPARTAAAA!!! (sub-sub-mod)

POST1
    Why not just make a function to make night battle unplayable during the battle of Platea.
    is it possible?
    if so, how?
    thanks

POST2
    bad news:
    I lost a part of my script (per accident) and I forgot to make a backup of my backups when my previous computer crashed
    As a result I have some bugs now at plataea so I atached the script to this post, maybe can somebody take a look at it... thanks
    edit: I also uploaded some other files you may need when looking at my script...
    edit2: I forgot to say this: the part of my script I lost is a script that makes 243 men units possible with normal unit size by spawning characters and then kill them...
    edit3: strange... if I remember good I already noticed one of these proplems before I lost a part of my script...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

POST3
    I also noticed that the recapture script of athens is not working anymore... I tried to make a backup of my script and replace it to the unmodified 300_WOS script,... but still not working
    Last edited by Megas Antiviros <3 Gaesatae :p; November 05, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
    Sorry for my English...